• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

no faith vs wrong faith

waitasec

Veteran Member
I believe if we seek the truth with all our heart, we will find it and it will set us free. I am 100% convinced I have found the truth, but that's just me. I pray others will honestly and fervently seek the truth and find it as well. Peace.

question, what makes you think others are not honestly and fervently seeking the truth?

do you mean that you pray others will honestly and fervently seek out "the truth" you found for yourself?

bigbadgirl

How can there be a wrong form of God and a right form of God. Why should Eckankar be considered right and Christianity wrong? Shintoism wrong and Taoism right? Mormonism right and Islam wrong? Very confusing.

krsnaraja

which is worse not believing in God/Allah?YWH or beiliving in the wrong form of God or another god(s) all together.

Pascals wager always made me wonder if the safe bet is on God because if you wrong so what but i god exist and you do not believe then the consequences are dire, but what about choosing the wrong god? Wouldn't atheism be the safe bet this way you do not risk offending the god by worshiping the wrong one?

The title of this OP reminds me of a man in the wheel chair without feet & the sports athlete whose feet did not fit the size of the pair of shoes his running coach gave 25 minutes before the start of the 40 kilometer run. The former lost his faith in God while the latter placed his faith in the pair of shoes he will be wearing & not in his coach. He was only after the Nike shoes made in China his marathon coach bought in HK during their tour in Disneyland..

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
which is worse not believing in God/Allah?YWH or beiliving in the wrong form of God or another god(s) all together.

Pascals wager always made me wonder if the safe bet is on God because if you wrong so what but i god exist and you do not believe then the consequences are dire, but what about choosing the wrong god? Wouldn't atheism be the safe bet this way you do not risk offending the god by worshiping the wrong one?

I can't imagine that god would lack understanding and be petty enough to be bothered one way or another. I think it's rather silly to attribute human emotions and ego to god.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
How can there be a wrong form of God and a right form of God. Why should Eckankar be considered right and Christianity wrong? Shintoism wrong and Taoism right? Mormonism right and Islam wrong? Very confusing.
What is "right" for one person may not be "right" for another person.
And if it is not "right" for that person, then it would be wrong, right?

Cordoba

I suggest that what is more important is one's real intentions in searching for the Truth

The intellectual journey one takes to find the answers to life's three main questions (where did we come from?, what is the purpose of this life?, what will happen after this life ends?) is (imo) the most important

This can take time, when one studies and compares different faiths

So what is not important is at what stage one is at the moment, but whether the "sincerity curve" of an objective search is rising or declining ...

A person today could be atheist or agnostic, but with many years of reading, researching and sincere search for the truth

The timing for finding the truth may not have come yet, but he/she may be nearly there ...

Last edited:

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Goodly is a word. I read a lot see it a lot. ued mostly in classic literature but still used today..
"Goodly" isn't a word.
good·ly/ˈgo͝odlē/

Adjective:
  • Considerable in size or quantity: "we ran up a goodly bar bill".
  • Attractive, excellent, or admirable.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Then they're wrong for a different reason that has nothing whatever to do with a "right" or "wrong" god--which, please note, was the topic of this thread.

Bruce
I know im the op. I actual did both. Who was your god again, and could you tell me more about him/her?