• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Zealand to go into lockdown for at least 4 weeks

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I think it would be hard to convince authorities that gaming stores are essential services alongside health, food and finances lol. Hey, welcome back to RF.
Let's face it everything's going online anyways. Although I will say it's essential in terms of loading times versus physical media.

All the waiting for that game to download.......

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Do you have a competent authority who knows what an essential service is? I'd argue that it's essential not to abandon liberty.

Right now I will rather be a slave alive, than a dead free man.
I mean I have food, a place to be and I can say as I want, so how much of a slave am I?

Regards
Mikkel

dianaiad

My GP closed his office to all patients except those he needs to physically interact with. Everything else is done over the phone, internet and if need be at the hospital (CT, MRI, etc) based on triage. My cancer surveillance tests have been delayed which require a hospital. Blood work is based on appointments instead of appointments and drop ins before the virus

I have to have blood tests twice a week, and have chosen to go to the 'Butterfly building" which is a fairly new building that is devoted to specialty care; oncology, cardiology, chemotherapy, broken bones, nephrology, the things one gets 'kicked up to' after seeing the PCP. It's amazing how open the parking lot is! Kaiser has turned to phone visits for pretty much everything, and even 'on line' visits where the doc can see you for most of everything else. They have tables in the front entry way where one gets one's temp taken...and since pretty much everybody who visits that buiding is squarely in the 'high risk' category, everybody is extra careful. They've hired extra people who's job is only to wipe everything down every single hour.

I also have to go to the City of Hope in Duarte...which happens to be right in the middle of a 'break out' area, and the rules there are draconian. Believe me, my daughter won't let me out of the car when we go anywhere....and she uses Lysol on her shoes and everything on the dashboard before she gets back into the car herself. Paranoid, thy names are attached to my family. ;)

Now if only the TP people would grow up....

Ebionite

Right now I will rather be a slave alive, than a dead free man.
I mean I have food, a place to be and I can say as I want, so how much of a slave am I?

Regards
Mikkel
Is liberty limited to speech but not action?

People make decisions about security issues based on the information that is available to them. Who is to say that someone has access to better information than someone else?

The fear of YHWH is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the set-apart is understanding.
Proverbs 9:10

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Our Prime Minister just announced New Zealand would be moving in lock down for at least 4 weeks. In the last 24 hours we have 36 new cases of Covid 19 bringing our total to 102. 2 of the cases to date can not be connected to overseas travel or close contact with someone who has been infected. Therefore we must assume we now have community spread.

What total lock down means is that everyone stays at home unless they are providing an essential service. Supermarkets, doctors, pharmacies, service stations, access to essential banking services will all be available. However If individuals do not have immediate needs, they should not leave their home. Social distancing should be maintained at supermarkets when people are undertaking essential shops.

Non-essential businesses must now close. All bars, restaurants, cafes, gyms, cinemas, pools, museums, libraries, playgrounds and any other place where the public congregate must close their face to face function. Schools and universities will close.

PM Jacinda Ardern's full lockdown speech

As a general practitioner we have just moved to consulting with patients by phone or video in the first instance and will only see patients face to face if necessary as fears COVID-19 is already being transmitted in the community.

The move is aimed at protecting both the community and doctors on the frontline in the battle against the spread of coronavirus.

GPs move to minimise patient contact amid fears of COVID-19 community transmission

We have just put a portable cabin in our practice’s car park to use as an isolation room.

View attachment 38159

We will be discouraging people with mild symptoms from attending at all but those with moderate to severe symptoms who have flu like symptoms can be seen once full protective gear is worn by our GPs.

Its kinda nice to be able to provide updates on RF and to hear each other’s experiences. We can discuss and debate for sure. I may be too busy to respond but I’m listening to what you are all saying.:)
NZ under Ardern is high up on the list of Good Guys, so in the unlikely event that good wishes make any difference, you certainly have mine.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I thought we had already shut down our international flights?
Yeah, but people care about it when it's Australia. When it's New Zealand, people just breathe a sigh of relief (not that they're a real country international flights can actually go to, but I digress)

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, but people care about it when it's Australia. When it's New Zealand, people just breathe a sigh of relief (not that they're a real country international flights can actually go to, but I digress)
That’s because Australia is infinitely better ;):p

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
once full protective gear is worn by our GPs.
Smart.

I thought about this tonight "Foolish, why don't these nurses not wear full protective gear", I read today that 30% of them get infected with Corona virus.

A Vestigial Mote

Do you have a competent authority who knows what an essential service is? I'd argue that it's essential not to abandon liberty.
I'd say it is essential for people to be informed (and re-informed) what it means to be responsible in your actions as regards your fellow man. If conducting "business as usual" puts people at risk of death, then you simply no longer conduct "business as usual." You do your part.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Our Prime Minister just announced New Zealand would be moving in lock down for at least 4 weeks. In the last 24 hours we have 36 new cases of Covid 19 bringing our total to 102. 2 of the cases to date can not be connected to overseas travel or close contact with someone who has been infected. Therefore we must assume we now have community spread.

What total lock down means is that everyone stays at home unless they are providing an essential service. Supermarkets, doctors, pharmacies, service stations, access to essential banking services will all be available. However If individuals do not have immediate needs, they should not leave their home. Social distancing should be maintained at supermarkets when people are undertaking essential shops.

Non-essential businesses must now close. All bars, restaurants, cafes, gyms, cinemas, pools, museums, libraries, playgrounds and any other place where the public congregate must close their face to face function. Schools and universities will close.

PM Jacinda Ardern's full lockdown speech

As a general practitioner we have just moved to consulting with patients by phone or video in the first instance and will only see patients face to face if necessary as fears COVID-19 is already being transmitted in the community.

The move is aimed at protecting both the community and doctors on the frontline in the battle against the spread of coronavirus.

GPs move to minimise patient contact amid fears of COVID-19 community transmission

We have just put a portable cabin in our practice’s car park to use as an isolation room.

View attachment 38159

We will be discouraging people with mild symptoms from attending at all but those with moderate to severe symptoms who have flu like symptoms can be seen once full protective gear is worn by our GPs.

Its kinda nice to be able to provide updates on RF and to hear each other’s experiences. We can discuss and debate for sure. I may be too busy to respond but I’m listening to what you are all saying.:)

Stay safe! You are loved and appreciated.