• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Methods of Filing

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I want a new method of filing. I'm disillusioned with binders, and overwhelmed with file folders. And, before you suggest it, scanning all my materials to electronic is out of the question.

Is there any other way people have of filing things?

Panda

42?
Premium Member
You can try my filing system. Putting everything in a big pile then spending 3 hours looking for what you need and making a mess of the entire flat.

Alex_G

Enlightner of the Senses
lol yeah, or my method which is quite similar, leave everything on the floor, as though u were a hobo keeping insulated. Later, collect it all up and jam it in a sports holdall, never to be opened again.

lunamoth

Will to love
I want a new method of filing. I'm disillusioned with binders, and overwhelmed with file folders. And, before you suggest it, scanning all my materials to electronic is out of the question.

Is there any other way people have of filing things?

One bank box with 18 hanging folders:
1. Current/Unpaid - bills/insurance/utilities/info packets as they come in before you pay/read
2 - 13. Jan - Dec - fill by month with above after paying/reading
14. Charity - Contributions to Charity receipts
15. House - Any house repairs, improvements, inspections, etc.
16. Auto - Any car repairs, etc.
17. Health - All health-related bills/receipts etc.
18. School - All school-related bills/receipts etc.

New year - new box.

Better yet - do it all online!

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
Mine is similar to Luna's - few categories and folders. I was overwhelmed by filing too and realized I didn't need to do as much work as I was doing. I merged most categories, and switched to online statements for anything I could, which cut down on papers. I don't print them either, I just save online statements in an email folder.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I use end-tab folders with color coded tabs & letters representing various databases which track info.
Thus, I have no drawers to fiddle with (not the kind of "drawers" you're thinking of, Songbird...I always
wear boxers, usually with penguins, flowers, fish or cartoon characters on them), & the info has very high
capacity per sq ft of floor space. My hierarchical database (BOS Finder - purchased in 1985 & unupdated
since) is what I search in orderto find the folder which holds the desired info. I would never in a million
years recommend this to normal people, but it works well for me.

Last edited:

Awoon

I forgot yesterday and I dont want to know about tomorrow.

So who needs any files, I aint in jail.

AHHHH HA HA HA LOL LOL

lunamoth

Will to love
Mine is similar to Luna's - few categories and folders. I was overwhelmed by filing too and realized I didn't need to do as much work as I was doing. I merged most categories, and switched to online statements for anything I could, which cut down on papers. I don't print them either, I just save online statements in an email folder.

Best system of all - get your spouse to do it.

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
doppelgänger;2579771 said:
I just memorize every minute detail of everything I encounter. Have you tried that?

Great idea! I'll send you all my paperwork.

GabrielWithoutWings

When you mean file folders, do you mean traditional manila folders? I've found if you use hanging file folders, it works out much better.

Other than that, try converting to .pdf files.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
doppelgänger;2579771 said:
I just memorize every minute detail of everything I encounter. Have you tried that?
*hangs head in shame* Why didn't I think of that? :facepalm:

Thanks, everyone, for suggestions (even joking ones).