• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Frubal?

Would you like this new frubal?

• Yes! Add a prayer/well wishes frubal.

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • No, we have enough as it is.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Let's trade the angry frubal for the prayer/well wishes frubal.

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Other

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It's about half secular.
I never said it was atheist. I wouldn't
want a forum with just their ilk. Ew.
Given the number of current events including the Middle East horror show, Ukraine, American politics, non-religion/politics threads and the like probably more than half and sometimes much more than half are secular.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I've seen enough dissent in this thread to make me change my vote to no.

As much as I would like to vote to add one, the other, or both, there are too many that see one or the other problematic.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
I understand that it is harder for people who like religion and God to see things from an atheist viewpoint, people like my friend @Truthseeker. :)
I do understand that in this age many feel that God has to proven to them in a rigorous logical or scientific sense, and they may want to believe sometimes, but are unable to get there. It appeared to me that for instance Carl Sagan the astronomer was such a person. I read his fictional book Contact, and in it God was proven through patterns God put into numerical sequences of irrational numbers such as pi. To me, that says to me that Carl wanted God to be proven to him as well as statements he made. The guy conducting Closer to Truth on PBS was such a guy also. i used to watch him try to look at all angles about God.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I do understand that in this age many feel that God has to proven to them in a rigorous logical or scientific sense, and they may want to believe sometimes, but are unable to get there. It appeared to me that for instance Carl Sagan the astronomer was such a person. I read his fictional book Contact, and in it God was proven through patterns God put into numerical sequences of irrational numbers such as pi. To me, that says to me that Carl wanted God to be proven to him as well as statements he made.
Sagan could've been playing a trick.
Pi's value extends infinitely.
Eventually, any pattern will appear.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Sagan could've been playing a trick.
Pi's value extends infinitely.
Eventually, any pattern will appear.
The woman who ran the computer program went deep enough into pi and other numbers to prove to herself that God existed. The Alien told her that this would be the case. You probably remember the movie starring Jodie Foster that was based on the book, but that part was left out of the movie.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The woman who ran the computer program went deep enough into pi and other numbers to prove to herself that God existed. The Alien told her that this would be the case. You probably remember the movie starring Jodie Foster that was based on the book, but that part was left out of the movie.
Aliens are known for their practical jokes.
Anal probing is one of them.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
As much as I love you guys, I'm disappointed that many of you can't see past your own egos and personal agendas to allow something that's clearly important to others in your community.

I hope at some point you can move past your personal agendas to understand the needs of others.
Understanding is one thing. Agreeing is another.

Part of the problem is that the discussion is very abstract. If there were a few real candidates for a new frubal and a vote that allowed "I like", "I don't like" "I can live with" and maybe other choices we might wind up with a different situation.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Understanding is one thing. Agreeing is another.

Part of the problem is that the discussion is very abstract. If there were a few real candidates for a new frubal and a vote that allowed "I like", "I don't like" "I can live with" and maybe other choices we might wind up with a different situation.
I'm not sure what is abstract about a prayer rating. There are just a bunch of people on here determined to make an issue of something so minor that it has even left Staff baffled. The response has been incredibly negative to something we hadn't even considered would arouse such a fuss. Having a prayer emoji on a forum where people ask for prayers seems pretty straightforward. It was turned into an issue by certain people who couldn't seem to see past their own problems.

We Never Know

No Slack
I'm not sure what is abstract about a prayer rating. There are just a bunch of people on here determined to make an issue of something so minor that it has even left Staff baffled. The response has been incredibly negative to something we hadn't even considered would arouse such a fuss. Having a prayer emoji on a forum where people ask for prayers seems pretty straightforward. It was turned into an issue by certain people who couldn't seem to see past their own problems.
"It was turned into an issue by certain people who couldn't seem to see past their own problems."

Maybe 'Religious Forums' isn't the right forum for them. Just sayn

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The response has been incredibly negative to something we hadn't even considered would arouse such a fuss. Having a prayer emoji on a forum where people ask for prayers seems pretty straightforward. It was turned into an issue by certain people who couldn't seem to see past their own problems.
I don't see many people asking for prayers. If people ask for prayers then someone can respond "I will pray for you."
The problem that could arise is that if people do not ask for prayers or want them someone could give the a prayer frubal, and they might be offended.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't see many people asking for prayers. If people ask for prayers then someone can respond "I will pray for you."
The problem that could arise is that if people do not ask for prayers or want them someone could give the a prayer frubal, and they might be offended.
I'm concerned about people's psychological welfare if they are offended by internet ratings.