• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need an opinion from different faiths

Tabu

Hi,
What do you do , if your faith requires something from you and you are unable to do it , though you acknowledge that to be true?

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Hi,
What do you do , if your faith requires something from you and you are unable to do it , though you acknowledge that to be true?
In Islam , there is some top requires, some other mini requires, in mini it's may ok not do it,as your possibillity .

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi,

Doesn't happen. My religion (which is not a "faith") does not require anything of me. Not that kind of religion.

PeteC-UK

Hi Folks..

Tabu; Hmmm - complicated... By faith I assume you mean "religious doctrine"..??.. I mean - faith itself - is just a belief held in the mind yes..??.. You have a faith IN "something" - but - when that belief requires an action that MUST follow then that is now become a "doctrine" - it becomes stipulated as necassary - something that must be OBEYED..

If then your "faith" requires something that you find you are unable to do - then obviously - you dont ACTUALLY have that "faith" at all do you..?.. if you cant follow through on your beliefs with ACTION then clearly the mind does not ACTUALLY have that BELIEF at all - it is delusion and you have deceived the Self - and if it DID have that belief and faith in a legitimate manner then it could NOT act contrary EVER - do you see...??..

If you TRULY had the faith you speak of - if you had a TRUTH of Self that was fully accepted and foundational in that manner - then for sure EVERY ACTION you ever took would FOLLOW and be in ACCORD with that inner Self realisation.....You would LIVE your truth moment to moment..Therefore understand - if an external "religious faith" or doctrine, such as here tells you now to do something that you do not ACTUALLY agree with, or can not actually follow through on, then NO you do NOT have truth at all and that "religion" or "faith" currently followed should be put aside as it clearly does not serve.....If though you have that faith in a legitimate manner then your actions WOULD follow that truth naturally without pause doubt or question..

Tabu

Hi Folks..

Tabu; Hmmm - complicated... By faith I assume you mean "religious doctrine"..??.. I mean - faith itself - is just a belief held in the mind yes..??.. You have a faith IN "something" - but - when that belief requires an action that MUST follow then that is now become a "doctrine" - it becomes stipulated as necassary - something that must be OBEYED..

If then your "faith" requires something that you find you are unable to do - then obviously - you dont ACTUALLY have that "faith" at all do you..?.. if you cant follow through on your beliefs with ACTION then clearly the mind does not ACTUALLY have that BELIEF at all - it is delusion and you have deceived the Self - and if it DID have that belief and faith in a legitimate manner then it could NOT act contrary EVER - do you see...??..

If you TRULY had the faith you speak of - if you had a TRUTH of Self that was fully accepted and foundational in that manner - then for sure EVERY ACTION you ever took would FOLLOW and be in ACCORD with that inner Self realisation.....You would LIVE your truth moment to moment..Therefore understand - if an external "religious faith" or doctrine, such as here tells you now to do something that you do not ACTUALLY agree with, or can not actually follow through on, then NO you do NOT have truth at all and that "religion" or "faith" currently followed should be put aside as it clearly does not serve.....If though you have that faith in a legitimate manner then your actions WOULD follow that truth naturally without pause doubt or question..
Between Faith and No Faith , there are many grey areas,
Could be weakness within , could be weakness to handle the external,
Could be indecision ,
Could also be hypocrisy , unintentional or perhaps otherwise.
I think I keep fluctuating between these .
If I put aside this faith , I would be hollow . There is nothing which fills me as much.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Hi,
"Unable" as in "it's physically impossible" or as in "I can't bring myself to do it"?

If it's physically impossible, then that's just what you'll have to deal with.

If you can't bring yourself to do it, ask yourself: is it because of mere squeamishness, or is it your conscience?

If it's your conscience, think long and hard about whether you should do it.

Tabu

"Unable" as in "it's physically impossible" or as in "I can't bring myself to do it"?

If it's physically impossible, then that's just what you'll have to deal with.

If you can't bring yourself to do it, ask yourself: is it because of mere squeamishness, or is it your conscience?

If it's your conscience, think long and hard about whether you should do it.
I think it is the second one , but I am not nauseated , perhaps not strong enough.

PeteC-UK

Hi Folks...

Tabu; What decides if habit is good..?....Hmm - whether it benefits..?...brings PEACE OF MIND..??.. ;)

May I say - your own peace of mind - seems a little shaky given the above self analysis - you seem very unsure, unsettled....Again I have to advise as Christ advised - He always seems to have the answer..lol...above all things - first things first - come to KNOW thy Self FULLY He said.. when two make peace in the same house - when the mind becomes whole and mended - when the doubts and insecurities have been silenced - then the truth may be revealed...

Can you be specific here..?...It would help a great deal - and I know we are all now very curious - what actually plagues you so..??..

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Hi,

I work towards a point where I will be able to do it.

Tabu

Hi Folks...

Tabu; What decides if habit is good..?....Hmm - whether it benefits..?...brings PEACE OF MIND..??.. ;)

May I say - your own peace of mind - seems a little shaky given the above self analysis - you seem very unsure, unsettled....Again I have to advise as Christ advised - He always seems to have the answer..lol...above all things - first things first - come to KNOW thy Self FULLY He said.. when two make peace in the same house - when the mind becomes whole and mended - when the doubts and insecurities have been silenced - then the truth may be revealed...

Can you be specific here..?...It would help a great deal - and I know we are all now very curious - what actually plagues you so..??..
I think it is one of those bitter pills which I am neither able to swallow nor discard.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't understand a Religion which is not a faith and which doesn't require anything.

"Faith" implies one's religion is grounded in beliefs, and in particular beliefs that are based on acceptance of what some authority says about something. Many religions do not follow this model, including my own, so it does not feel proper to refer to it as a "faith." Additionally, with no central authority or dogma, there is nobody in Druidry (or contemporary Paganism more broadly) to be dictating what is required and not required. "Requirements" (if you can call them that) end up being "what I want to do" not "what authority X wants me to do."

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
"Faith" implies one's religion is grounded in beliefs, and in particular beliefs that are based on acceptance of what some authority says about something. Many religions do not follow this model, including my own, so it does not feel proper to refer to it as a "faith."
To me, "religion" implies a community of shared belief, so there's no such thing as a one-person religion.

As I understand it, your beliefs/practices are your own individual things, right?

So how should I describe... whatever it is you have? You say "faith" is inappropriate, I say "religion" is inappropriate, and from your description of why you object to using the term "faith", I'm guessing that you would object to "belief system", too. What's left?