• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need an opinion from different faiths

Akivah

BKs have a different view and different reasoning ,this is what BK sister Shivani has to say when questioned on celibacy and marriage.

"Oh, you are married? I thought you were celibate…

I am celibate but I am married. I have been married for the last 15 years and I live with my husband but we are celibate by choice.

If you don't mind me asking, have you ever had physical relations with your husband? If so, for how long have you both ceased and become celibate?

Celibacy is not a problem in the marriage?

Not at all. Not that it is compulsory but we do understand the benefits of it. In fact, it makes our relationship very nice. It is an illusion to believe that a physical relationship is vital in a marriage. We are the best of friends."

Wikipedia says this about your beliefs:
celibacy is promoted for peace and to defeat power of lust and to prepare for life in forthcoming Heaven on earth for 2,500 years when children will be created by the power of the mind even for householders to like holy brother and sister. In this belief system, celibacy is given the utmost importance. It is said that, as per the direction of the Supreme God those that lead a pure and celibate life will be successfully able to conquer the surging vices. The power of celibacy creates an unseen environment of divinity bringing peace, power, purity, prosperity and fortune. Those with the power of celibacy are eligible to claim a bright future of Golden Age of heaven / Paradise. Brahma Kumaris' concept of identifying the self as a soul, different from physical body, is deeply linked to the philosophy of celibacy. It is said that the craving for sex and impure thoughts are the reason for the whole trouble in the universe today.

Is this accurate?

Akivah

I am not celibate and the Wikipedia page on Brahma Kumaris is true.

Oh, I get it now. According to Wikipedia, celibacy in your belief system is given the utmost importance and you can't do it. If that's correct, then you should reference what your faith says happens when you're not celibate. Surely that must happen a lot, otherwise your religion would not last beyond one generation.

Tabu

Oh, I get it now. According to Wikipedia, celibacy in your belief system is given the utmost importance and you can't do it. If that's correct, then you should reference what your faith says happens when you're not celibate. Surely that must happen a lot, otherwise your religion would not last beyond one generation.
Actually according to Brahmakumaris , there is not that much time left .
This is the time for purification and returning back. Only a few souls will be able to meet these standards of complete purity and attain heaven ( about 900,000) and the others souls will return back to the soul world after settling their karmic accounts ( in simple words after being punished for all their misdeeds) and come back to play their parts again .Its a self repeating and endless cycle of rise and fall of humans.
Do your scriptures mention a certain rain which would occur in the last days which will purify and renew or resurrect the earth?
( this could turn out to be a topic for a new thread)

Akivah

Actually according to Brahmakumaris , there is not that much time left .
This is the time for purification and returning back. Only a few souls will be able to meet these standards of complete purity and attain heaven ( about 900,000) and the others souls will return back to the soul world after settling their karmic accounts ( in simple words after being punished for all their misdeeds) and come back to play their parts again .Its a self repeating and endless cycle of rise and fall of humans.

Well then. You already knew the answer to your OP. Why did you want to know what other religions believe since you just rejected them outright?

Do your scriptures mention a certain rain which would occur in the last days which will purify and renew or resurrect the earth?

What rain? What last days? What purification of earth? The Hebrew bible mentions none of these.

Tabu

Thanks ,
But I didn't out rightly reject any religion , nor do I intend to do so.
I believe that there is truth in all religions , but everything preserved and presented is not true and can't be applied at all times.
I also believe that just as an human being passes through different stages from infancy , childhood , adolescence , youth ... till old age , humanity as a whole also passes through similar stages and different rules apply at different stages.

I just asked in my OP , what you do if you faith requires something and you are unable to do that.
Thanks again for the discussion so far and your clarification from the Hebrew bible.

Tabu

Maybe, just maybe, your faith is misplaced? Maybe you should reconsider. Just a suggestion.
Thanks for your suggestion ,
I have already spent a lot of time considering and reconsidering ( about two years) , the more I move away from this faith the more I am pulled back towards this faith and its logicality.
To me it convincingly answers some of the very basic questions which occupy and disturb my mind , like ,why we are on earth , what is our relationship with god ,why he punishes , why there is happiness and sorrow , what makes some deserving of rewards and others for punishments , what differentiates them , who placed these different capacities , who creates the different situations , why are we responsible ,what is the cause for sorrow, is there an escape from sorrow , and How . Why different religions have different teachings , are they all from the same God , etc etc..

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Hi, What do you do, if your faith requires something from you and you are unable to do it, though you acknowledge that to be true?
Say sorry. It is your wish if you are promising not to do it again, that is not a compulsion.

Brihaspati said: 'Bhasmibhutasya dehasya, punaragamanam kutah?'
(Once the body burns on the pyre, where is the return?)
You mean a solution of some detergent?

Last edited:

Reggie Miller

Thanks for your suggestion ,
I have already spent a lot of time considering and reconsidering ( about two years) , the more I move away from this faith the more I am pulled back towards this faith and its logicality.
To me it convincingly answers some of the very basic questions which occupy and disturb my mind , like ,why we are on earth , what is our relationship with god ,why he punishes , why there is happiness and sorrow , what makes some deserving of rewards and others for punishments , what differentiates them , who placed these different capacities , who creates the different situations , why are we responsible ,what is the cause for sorrow, is there an escape from sorrow , and How . Why different religions have different teachings , are they all from the same God , etc etc..

But how do you know the truth?

Tabu

From who's point of view?
To each one his view , no one can thrust ones view on the other,
we all are on the search for truth , if your journey satisfactorily ends at a certain point then that is your truth , if still some questions keep lingering they will pull you to move ahead.
If Truth is One , then destination has to be One , but there are lots of experiments on the way , so each may reach at different time , so no amount of convincing would work.

Tabu

Say sorry. It is your wish if you are promising not to do it again, that is not a compulsion.

Brihaspati said: 'Bhasmibhutasya dehasya, punaragamanam kutah?'
(Once the body burns on the pyre, where is the return?)You mean a solution of some detergent?
1.Say sorry to whom?
2. This only Brahaspati can answer ( if you are asking about the body then it returns to dust ).
3.Yes , Knowledge from Brihaspati ( Shiv Parmatma) is the detergent.

Last edited:

Reggie Miller

we all are on the search for truth , if your journey satisfactorily ends at a certain point then that is your truth , if still some questions keep lingering they will pull you to move ahead.
If Truth is One , then destination has to be One , but there are lots of experiments on the way , so each may reach at different time , so no amount of convincing would work.

Truth doesn't "thrust" itself on anyone. It simply is.

So you think absolute truth is subjective or objective?

Reggie Miller

1. I agree
2. Absolute truth simply has to be absolute:)

Many spend their entire lives searching for the truth and still don't find it.

Friend, the truth will find you if you truly seek it out. Also, it may surprise you once it finds you.

Reggie Miller

There is but one truth. All else is deceipt.