• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My question to Trump Supporters

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
You're living in the past, now its the Republicans that have the backing of the KKK, times change and you're on the wrong side of history!!

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I voted for Trump because I had to make a choice between what was available:

1) I wanted Constitutionalist for the Supreme Court
2) I wanted someone who supports Israel in the overall sense (no country is perfect)
3) I wanted someone who would be proactive against Isis.

So regardless of his complete character makeup, as I considered the alternative, i.e. Hillary, the choice became obvious to me

Much the same here, and no one is more of an establishment candidate than Hillary was. I find her loyalty to the American people in question when it's obvious she's for sale to the highest bidder. I never got that impression off Trump, he had principles and whether you agreed with a particular facet of them or not at least you knew what he was about. Hillary happily would 180 on this or that depending on whomever would line her wallet. It's impossible to tell what a person like that actually values, so hence my Trump vote. And, as much as I like Trump other than a few isolated examples I have no like for the rest of the Republican party, either.

If you ask me what I predominately vote for in any election, it's "stability", especially in regard to anyone in charge of the three major branches of government. I neither want someone staunchly left or right of the political spectrum in any of those posts, regardless of the party they're affiliated with.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
The electoral college was designed to represent the popular vote in a timely manner because the vote counting process took to long and the public wanted the results the next day; not a month away. With modern technology there is no longer a need for the electoral college.

The popular vote represents the popular vote reguardless if you live in a village or a city.
If you are voting for a mayor in your city then ok, No wait, even there the "local" popular vote should rule the day.

:)-

The Electoral College was created for two reasons. The first purpose was to create a buffer between population and the selection of a President. The second as part of the structure of the government that gave extra power to the smaller states.

The first reason that the founders created the Electoral College is hard to understand today. The founding fathers were afraid of direct election to the Presidency. They feared a tyrant could manipulate public opinion and come to power. Hamilton wrote in the Federalist Papers:

It was equally desirable, that the immediate election should be made by men most capable of analyzing the qualities adapted to the station, and acting under circumstances favorable to deliberation, and to a judicious combination of all the reasons and inducements which were proper to govern their choice. A small number of persons, selected by their fellow-citizens from the general mass, will be most likely to possess the information and discernment requisite to such complicated investigations. It was also peculiarly desirable to afford as little opportunity as possible to tumult and disorder. This evil was not least to be dreaded in the election of a magistrate, who was to have so important an agency in the administration of the government as the President of the United States. But the precautions which have been so happily concerted in the system under consideration, promise an effectual security against this mischief.

Kenny

Premium Member
You're living in the past, now its the Republicans that have the backing of the KKK, times change and you're on the wrong side of history!!

hmmmm.... no. Your logic isn't sound.

Mindmaster

Premium Member

The bulk of Democrats actually want their party to lean more right, toward the center, and the bulk of Republicans want their party to lean more right as well. So, if there is a "side" of history, it's right down the damn middle. :D

Having the KKK's vote and working for the KKK are two different things. The KKK can vote for anyone it wants it doesn't have anything to do with the candidate. But, that being said it isn't necessarily equivalent -- Democratic elected officials were participants in the KKK and also working with them. There is no evidence of the same with the Republican party.

I find it amusing when Democrats ask for a "forgive and forget" when it's convenient while simultaneously being happy turning those screws on their adversaries -- it's just hypocrisy and amusing to me. It's like in the past Republicans were anti-LGBT and now they're only anti-T (mostly because family values are high in this bunch, T isn't great for creating families...), but no one on the left is going to recognize the improvement.

Shadow Link

IMG_2290.JPG

I want to ask Trump supporters an honest quest and of course we can debate the particulars if you wish. Now before I ask this question I want to lead off by saying that when I vote national or local I like to do background research on any politician I am voting for.

I know for some of us we tend to vote with bias (Obama’s presidential runs and the criticism he received was proof) but I always want to know a politician’s background. I want to know what their views are concerning matters not just important to me, but what they see as valuable and relevant to the country. Regardless if they shared the same complexion as me, if I saw something that I think is a gross representation of American values I would not vote for them which leads me to my question(s)

Why did you vote for Trump?

If you did your research what made you think Trump was a good fit despite his background?

I mean Trump has a history of housing discrimination. He intentionally did not rent to black Americans and when he was investigated and sued he and daddy settled. He has a history of antisemitism, he has a history of disrespecting women. He also has a history of receiving money from daddy. Trump comes from a privileged background something many of us are unfamiliar. His father was associated with the KluKluxKlan which makes his comments concerning Mexicans all the more relevenat considering an apple does not fall far from the tree.

Trump has even said he doesn’t even ask for God’s forgiveness on video (Yes it’s on YouTube) so he really doesn’t have a connection with the Christian base. So again I ask the aforementioned questions because if you did research on this man what compels you to overlook what I mentioned to believe he is qualified to lead this country?

For the record I voted for Bernie who got railroaded by the Democratic Party but that is another topic.

Im not a trump supporter, but id like to address that youtube speach your reffering to. If its the same one your talking about.

Ok, in context, trump did say he would not confess his sin or mistake, BUT hed change course. Thats the equivalent in christianity as the word "repent" which for all intents and purposes is BETTER then confession.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Apparently you haven't investigated the "Democratic Party", or its leadership.

"Why did you eat that cyanide tablet?!"

"Apparently you haven't investigated arsenic tablets."

But seriously, it's one thing to hold your nose, vote for the "lesser evil", and hope for the best, but it's another to ofter blind loyality and uncritical support as if they were some sort of infallible hero.

Hillary being terrible doesn't make Trump great, or vice versa. Hitler and Stalin were enemies, but no one would ever suggest that disliking one means you must like the other. (I'm not comparing Hillary or Trump to Hitler or Stalin, obviously. I'm just trying to point out how asinine the logic is.)

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I want to ask Trump supporters an honest quest and of course we can debate the particulars if you wish. Now before I ask this question I want to lead off by saying that when I vote national or local I like to do background research on any politician I am voting for.

I know for some of us we tend to vote with bias (Obama’s presidential runs and the criticism he received was proof) but I always want to know a politician’s background. I want to know what their views are concerning matters not just important to me, but what they see as valuable and relevant to the country. Regardless if they shared the same complexion as me, if I saw something that I think is a gross representation of American values I would not vote for them which leads me to my question(s)

Why did you vote for Trump?

If you did your research what made you think Trump was a good fit despite his background?

I mean Trump has a history of housing discrimination. He intentionally did not rent to black Americans and when he was investigated and sued he and daddy settled. He has a history of antisemitism, he has a history of disrespecting women. He also has a history of receiving money from daddy. Trump comes from a privileged background something many of us are unfamiliar. His father was associated with the KluKluxKlan which makes his comments concerning Mexicans all the more relevenat considering an apple does not fall far from the tree.

Trump has even said he doesn’t even ask for God’s forgiveness on video (Yes it’s on YouTube) so he really doesn’t have a connection with the Christian base. So again I ask the aforementioned questions because if you did research on this man what compels you to overlook what I mentioned to believe he is qualified to lead this country?

For the record I voted for Bernie who got railroaded by the Democratic Party but that is another topic.
Well Trump wasn't the preferred choice. I think this is the first presidential election where neither side particularly liked their candidates.

I certainly didn't like Hillary at all being she was Senator here in New York. Which pretty much was a do-nothing tenure except for some token measures. She was mostly absentee and out of the country for the large part of her term and she never left election mode to do her job properly.

So I had the choice to either vote for Trump or not vote at all this election, so I chose to vote for Trump on the ticket of him being the dynamite stick we need to break up the status quo and business-as-usual mentality. I certainly got my votes worth and will not hesitate to vote for him again should circumstances not improve.

In general, I like his policies and campaign promises to make America great again and could care less about his personality and character, for which I regard the latter as being his business not anybody else's.

I mean we've had some pretty good winners with presidents in the past that were no better than Donald Trump. JFK and his various affairs come to mind. His character was s*** , but his policies were actually pretty good for the time. I see a similarity here with Donald Trump where he has good vision, but a questionable character.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Voting for Bernie wasn't much different from voting for Trump.

Voting for someone who is unelectable, or not voting at all, is the equivalent of voting for "whoever wins". In this case it was Trump.
Tom

I strongly detested both Hillary and Trump, so I voted for Gary out of principle even though I knew he would lose.

That said, there is a difference between voting for someone and then hoping for the best, and continuing to defend and support who you've voted even after they turned out to be complete ****. Voting for someone doesn't mean blindly and loyally crawling along on your belly behind them, lapping at their boot treads.

Edit: this wasn't directed at you, but rather at those who say they support Trump because Hillary sucks, as if the notion of supporting neither was unfathomable.

Last edited:

pearl

I disagree... it prevents the major cities from bulldozing the rest of the country. The forefathers had great wisdom.

Right. The original purpose was to give equal voice to the so called flyover states, many with a lot of land area but smaller population. But I don't think what it has developed into is what the forefathers imagined.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
but everything Trump has done has been bad, its not just about his character, his legislative agenda sucks big time, more pollution, more poverty, more racism, less taxes to run the government, record deficit, crazy stuff, he's a bad, bad President
Yup. Even the economic growth has continued at the same rate since Obama left, unemployment hasn't been dramatically reduced, and homelessness continues to plague certain parts of America. Minorities are losing protections and rights, science is facing direct opposition, and racism and misogyny are finding empowerment. Fortunately, however, many businesses and cities have not been as eager to neglect the environment as the President who seems to believe clean coal is made clean by having the miners brush it off and polish it up. And his ignorance of nuclear policy is frightening.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Right. The original purpose was to give equal voice to the so called flyover states, many with a lot of land area but smaller population. But I don't think what it has developed into is what the forefathers imagined.
Of course not. It was intended to reduce the influence of the Southern states from having a larger population from having a larger slave population, as was the 3/5ths compromise. The South wanted slaves, but the North was not going to easily give them if there were going to be any at all.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Again, you really are not looking for an honest discussion, you just want to smear Trump. Let me see if I help you out, I could not care less what Trump did before this. I don't care if he does or does not drop to his and ask any God for forgiveness. I don't care who he has (consensually, BTW) bedded. I don't care if he cheated on a previous wife (didn't seem to be a problem when Clinton was in office). I don't give a damn about any of this BS as long as he fulfills, or does his best, to fulfill his campaign promises. So far, he's done exactly what he said he would. Most of us were very, very tired of some mealy mouth politician making vague pie-in-the-sky promise (...we'll beat back the rising tides...comes to mind), we wanted someone who was real, warts and all, and ready to go to work--we wanted a business man.
You wanted "a business man" who has gone bankrupt how many times now? Would bankruptcy be good for the nation?
You wanted someone "real" who is so totally unacquainted with the notion of honesty? There's an entire industry devoted to cataloguing his lies.
You wanted someone who would tear down three decades old treaty on nuclear proliferation, once hailed as one the greatest breakthroughs in world safety in history?
You wanted someone who would single-handedly widen the divides in your already divided nation? How does that help the country go forward?
You wanted a man who admires dictators, despises democrats, and champions nationalism that must inevitably lead to the breakdown of the ententes and accords that have done so much to make the past have century the most peaceful in the history of the world? Peace and harmony don't appeal to you?

I'd better stop...this could turn into a very, very long post...

BSM1

What? Me worry?
You wanted "a business man" who has gone bankrupt how many times now? Would bankruptcy be good for the nation?
You wanted someone "real" who is so totally unacquainted with the notion of honesty? There's an entire industry devoted to cataloguing his lies.
You wanted someone who would tear down three decades old treaty on nuclear proliferation, once hailed as one the greatest breakthroughs in world safety in history?
You wanted someone who would single-handedly widen the divides in your already divided nation? How does that help the country go forward?
You wanted a man who admires dictators, despises democrats, and champions nationalism that must inevitably lead to the breakdown of the ententes and accords that have done so much to make the past have century the most peaceful in the history of the world? Peace and harmony don't appeal to you?

I'd better stop...this could turn into a very, very long post...

Bankruptcy is a part of business and it doesn't mean failure. When you quit trying after going bankrupt, that's failure.
You might want to check out the Russians cheating on this treaty for years. Also, most of the European countries have applauded Trump's move.

Kenny

Premium Member
Actually, what is happening today is proof that they were correct. Now, even Hawaii can be the difference maker.

Perhaps it might need to be fine tuned, but not eliminated.

Last edited:

pearl

Of course not. It was intended to reduce the influence of the Southern states from having a larger population from having a larger slave population, as was the 3/5ths compromise. The South wanted slaves, but the North was not going to easily give them if there were going to be any at all.

What's the connection with the Electoral College, slaves could not vote anyway?