• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My question to Trump Supporters

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I want to ask Trump supporters an honest quest and of course we can debate the particulars if you wish. Now before I ask this question I want to lead off by saying that when I vote national or local I like to do background research on any politician I am voting for.

I know for some of us we tend to vote with bias (Obama’s presidential runs and the criticism he received was proof) but I always want to know a politician’s background. I want to know what their views are concerning matters not just important to me, but what they see as valuable and relevant to the country. Regardless if they shared the same complexion as me, if I saw something that I think is a gross representation of American values I would not vote for them which leads me to my question(s)

Why did you vote for Trump?

If you did your research what made you think Trump was a good fit despite his background?

I mean Trump has a history of housing discrimination. He intentionally did not rent to black Americans and when he was investigated and sued he and daddy settled. He has a history of antisemitism, he has a history of disrespecting women. He also has a history of receiving money from daddy. Trump comes from a privileged background something many of us are unfamiliar. His father was associated with the KluKluxKlan which makes his comments concerning Mexicans all the more relevenat considering an apple does not fall far from the tree.

Trump has even said he doesn’t even ask for God’s forgiveness on video (Yes it’s on YouTube) so he really doesn’t have a connection with the Christian base. So again I ask the aforementioned questions because if you did research on this man what compels you to overlook what I mentioned to believe he is qualified to lead this country?

For the record I voted for Bernie who got railroaded by the Democratic Party but that is another topic.

2ndpillar

I want to ask Trump supporters an honest quest and of course we can debate the particulars if you wish. Now before I ask this question I want to lead off by saying that when I vote national or local I like to do background research on any politician I am voting for.

I know for some of us we tend to vote with bias (Obama’s presidential runs and the criticism he received was proof) but I always want to know a politician’s background. I want to know what their views are concerning matters not just important to me, but what they see as valuable and relevant to the country. Regardless if they shared the same complexion as me, if I saw something that I think is a gross representation of American values I would not vote for them which leads me to my question(s)

If you did your research what made you think Trump was a good fit despite his background?

I mean Trump has a history of housing discrimination. He intentionally did not rent to black Americans and when he was investigated and sued he and daddy settled. He has a history of antisemitism, he has a history of disrespecting women. He also has a history of receiving money from daddy. Trump comes from a privileged background something many of us are unfamiliar. His father was associated with the KluKluxKlan which makes his comments concerning Mexicans all the more relevenat considering an apple does not fall far from the tree.

Trump has even said he doesn’t even ask for God’s forgiveness on video (Yes it’s on YouTube) so he really doesn’t have a connection with the Christian base. So again I ask the aforementioned questions because if you did research on this man what compels you to overlook what I mentioned to believe he is qualified to lead this country?

For the record I voted for Bernie who got railroaded by the Democratic Party but that is another topic.

Apparently you haven't investigated the "Democratic Party", or its leadership.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Was the other option in the general election any more reputable that Trump? I think many simply went with who they thought were the lesser of two evils, which is sadly too often the case in general elections. I have never cast a vote for a Republican or a Democrat without some feelings of remorse.

Salix,
Did not vote for Trump

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Was the other option in the general election any more reputable that Trump? I think many simply went with who they thought were the lesser of two evils, which is sadly too often the case in general elections. I have never cast a vote for a Republican or a Democrat without some feelings of remorse.

Salix,
Did not vote for Trump

Lesser of two evils is the argument?

pearl

I did not vote for Trump. What puzzled me was that there were so many more qualified candidates in the Republican primary that Trump looked like an idiot from the beginning. I keep thinking that if not for the electoral college Trump would not be president now.

Last edited:

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I was one of the earliest supporters of Donald J. Trump for President. I agreed with his campaign promises, most of which he has kept or is trying to keep: i.e. - globally competitive corporate tax rate that attract business investment in American rather than elsewhere, deregulation of business that spurs economic growth, trade deals that are fair to America i.e.- replacement of NAFTA with USMCA trade deal, repeal of Obamacare tax mandate, tough stance against illegal alien criminality, prison reform, withdrawal of American troops from god forsaken crap holes, appointment of conservative judges, and reduction of poverty - that's right, poverty has been reduced since Trump took office. The commoner working folk have greatly benefited from Trump's economic policies and leadership as well as us privileged class Americans .... Hurray!

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Talk about deflecting...:rolleyes:

I asked you a question.

I wasn’t deflecting trying to understand so you asked me a question.

So you asked was the other option any more reputable than Trump?

That was a stupid question to ask because I think I made it clear in my first post I voted for Bernie so as far as my personal opinion by default that should’ve answered your question.

Trackdayguy

Speed doesn't kill, it's hitting the wall
As a British an ex pat living in Canada I obviously didn't vote for Trump, my best guess is a fast majority of Americans are red necks who on the whole aren't the bright, so I guess they identified with Trump who just a wealthy red neck. Also most red necks are anti establishment, which certainly is, so the red necks got their man in the white house

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I was one of the earliest supporters of Donald J. Trump for President. I agreed with his campaign promises, most of which he has kept or is trying to keep: i.e. - globally competitive corporate tax rate that attract business investment in American rather than elsewhere, deregulation of business that spurs economic growth, trade deals that are fair to America i.e.- replacement of NAFTA with USMCA trade deal, repeal of Obamacare tax mandate, tough stance against illegal alien criminality, prison reform, withdrawal of American troops from god forsaken crap holes, appointment of conservative judges, and reduction of poverty - that's right, poverty has been reduced since Trump took office. The commoner working folk have greatly benefited from Trump's economic policies and leadership as well as us privileged class Americans .... Hurray!

What about his history of housing discrimination and comments towards blacks and Jews? What about his comment about not needing God’s forgiveness.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I wasn’t deflecting trying to understand so you asked me a question.

So you asked was the other option any more reputable than Trump?

That was a stupid question to ask because I think I made it clear in my first post I voted for Bernie so as far as my personal opinion by default that should’ve answered your question.

So you didn't vote in the general election?

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
What about his history of housing discrimination and comments towards blacks and Jews? What about his comment about not needing God’s forgiveness.

Trump is from New York where he has worked in professions with many Jews. Trump is strong supporter of Israel. His daughter and two grandchildren are Jewish, the executive vice president of his organization is Jewish.

Trump's religious beliefs or lack thereof are of no concern to me.

Shadow Link

He clearly was the right choice to give the political world a dose of their own medicine.
IMG_2289.JPG

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Again, you really are not looking for an honest discussion, you just want to smear Trump. Let me see if I help you out, I could not care less what Trump did before this. I don't care if he does or does not drop to his and ask any God for forgiveness. I don't care who he has (consensually, BTW) bedded. I don't care if he cheated on a previous wife (didn't seem to be a problem when Clinton was in office). I don't give a damn about any of this BS as long as he fulfills, or does his best, to fulfill his campaign promises. So far, he's done exactly what he said he would. Most of us were very, very tired of some mealy mouth politician making vague pie-in-the-sky promise (...we'll beat back the rising tides...comes to mind), we wanted someone who was real, warts and all, and ready to go to work--we wanted a business man.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
but everything Trump has done has been bad, its not just about his character, his legislative agenda sucks big time, more pollution, more poverty, more racism, less taxes to run the government, record deficit, crazy stuff, he's a bad, bad President