• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslim Stagnation

Peace,

There are many, many scientists in the world. There are hundreds of physicists and biologists at my university, for example. I can guarantee you virtually all of them would fall over laughing at Dr. Johnson and Dr. Moore's assessment of the Quran. These issues have been covered in another thread, http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/science-vs-religion/77473-islam-science-common-sense-6.html

Think about it: if the opinion of one or two scientists seems like such powerful evidence to you, what about the opinion of many, many scientists who find these ideas so ridiculous they don't pay any attention to them?

Sahar

Last edited:

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Religious stagnation that caused muslims to stagnate in all life fields...Muslims proved to have very weak secular motives.
This is what our ancestors have learned from islam http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/islam/67981-read.html?highlight=read ,but not us ! :(

I agree with you sister. Muslims' stagnation is due to our getting away from Islam. Our governments are no longer applying Islam in their daily matters, Islam is no longer every individual's way of life, so the consequences is that we stagnate and we are no longer coming with new discoveries...
We have a nostalgia to our golden past, to our great civilization. We are very proud of it and of our ancestors. They were successful and brilliant because Islam was part of them, part of their daily life.. Islam was their way of life. But we have hope, we have hope in our future generations to revive our golden past and our great civlization. That wouldn't of course happen till our generations return back to Islam and when Islam becomes their way of life and the guide in their material as spiritual matters. Islamic civilization will be revived and that's for sure and we will come up with new the discoveries to this world. We will surely contribute and have a place in this world.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Peace,

There are many, many scientists in the world. There are hundreds of physicists and biologists at my university, for example. I can guarantee you virtually all of them would fall over laughing at Dr. Johnson and Dr. Moore's assessment of the Quran. These issues have been covered in another thread, http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/science-vs-religion/77473-islam-science-common-sense-6.html

Think about it: if the opinion of one or two scientists seems like such powerful evidence to you, what about the opinion of many, many scientists who find these ideas so ridiculous they don't pay any attention to them?

They are not the only scientists who share the same opinion about scientific facts that exist in the Quran.

Thanks for that link by the way.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
They are not the only scientists who share the same opinion about scientific facts that exist in the Quran.

Thanks for that link by the way.
Isn't it odd that Muslims are tripping over themselves to show evidence of kuffar scientific theories and thinking in pages of the Muslim's Holy Book? Do you see the exquisite irony in doing so?

My prediction is that if Muslims attempt to go forward, by going backwards, they are not going to get very far and any scientific contributions will remain out of their reach. I mean this as gently as possible, but how long are we supposed to wait around for Muslims to get their collective act together? Even if what you are saying is true, we are still looking at a couple of generations into the future meanwhile the science of the infidels will be even further ahead.

Last edited:

themadhair

"[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]We are the people whom [/FONT]Allah has honored with Islam. Whenever we seek honor in anything else, Allah shall disgrace us."
- Umar ibnil- Khattab
Does that include knowledge and discovery? It might explain a few things.

Zephyr

Moved on
Isn't it odd that Muslims are tripping over themselves to show evidence of kuffar scientific theories and thinking in pages of the Muslim's Holy Book? Do you see the exquisite irony in doing so?

My prediction is that if Muslims attempt to go forward, by going backwards, they are not going to get very far and any scientific contributions will remain out of their reach. I mean this as gently as possible, but how long are we supposed to wait around for Muslims to get their collective act together? Even if what you are saying is true, we are still looking at a couple of generations into the future meanwhile the science of the infidels will be even further ahead.
It's much easier to find old "evidence" of modern science than it is to find something new out of it.

I feel like a bit of a tit, but i have always believed that European and Arabs alike have gone East to make their discoveries... Pythagorean Tripes for example,
Baudhayana (c. 8th century BCE) composed the Baudhayana Sulba Sutra, which contains examples of simple Pythagorean triples, such as: (3,4,5), (5,12,13), (8,15,17), (7,24,25), and (12,35,37)[26] as well as a statement of the Pythagorean theorem for the sides of a square: "The rope which is stretched across the diagonal of a square produces an area double the size of the original square."[26] It also contains the general statement of the Pythagorean theorem (for the sides of a rectangle): "The rope stretched along the length of the diagonal of a rectangle makes an area which the vertical and horizontal sides make together."[26] Baudhayana gives a formula for the square root of two.[27]

Still, nothing is known for sure. The contribution of Arab scientists is amazing, and i think more so than the west.

Sahar

As a matter of fact, there isn't thing called "science of kuffar";
"Hikamh is the lost property of the believer, so whosoever finds it, he has a better right to it", hadith. Hikmah means wisdom and knowledge.
"Seek knowledge even in China", hadith of the prophet. We are ordered to seek knowledge even from the mushrekeen, in China.