• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Music Trivia

Circle_One

Bastet said:
Yus...I really owe you some frubals now. :p
I'm good with music, but when movies AND music come into the equation all in one shot.. I'm a master, hahaha! </egoism> Ok, seriously, I'm not actually that egotistical.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Hehe. Well I certainly don't know a lot of the answers to your questions. As I say, I thought I knew a lot of music trivia. Apparently not.

BTW: The bassist who told off his audience. It was Roger Waters and I have it in an MP3 file. It is during the intro to Pings on the Wing (live in Montreal, I think). He goes on for about 1 and a half minutes, ragging on the crowd about why they came to see the show.

Ok... I got an easier one.

Which VERY famous quitarist said this when he came off stage while jamming with Jimi Hendrix, "Does he always play like this?" His hands were shaking, while he tried to light a cigarette, or so the legend goes.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Circle_One said:
Shoot, my mind is dwindling at the moment and no questions are surfacing.

Ok, what song was left off the Ramones Leave Home album for 25 years in the US and England, and what songs replaced it ?(different replaced song on the US and UK versions, looking for both, plus the pulled song).
Ok, I had to cheat :D. It looks like Babysitter was left off of the US version and some of the UK but apparently not all. Carbona not glue features in there somehow but I can't work it out (too much valerian tonight :) ). They replaced Sheena was a punk rocker a truly rockable track but o well.

http://www.ramones-discography.com/ramones_discography/Untitled-1.htm

Which member of Tool takes a great interest in enochian symbols and sacred geometry.

Circle_One

YmirGF said:
Hehe. Well I certainly don't know a lot of the answers to your questions. As I say, I thought I knew a lot of music trivia. Apparently not.

BTW: The bassist who told off his audience. It was Roger Waters and I have it in an MP3 file. It is during the intro to Pings on the Wing (live in Montreal, I think). He goes on for about 1 and a half minutes, ragging on the crowd about why they came to see the show.

Ok... I got an easier one.

Which VERY famous quitarist said this when he came off stage while jamming with Jimi Hendrix, "Does he always play like this?" His hands were shaking, while he tried to light a cigarette, or so the legend goes.
Ahh, Roger Waters, I should have known that.

You may not know some of our questions, but you're kicking my *** with your questions, lol. :banghead3

As for this one, I'm kind of inclined to think it was Pete Townshend, because I know he was awestruck the first time The Who shared a stage with Jimi, but I have no memory of the quote itself, so it's a total guess.

Chris, the song left off the album was Carbona Not Glue (the studio found it too drug related). It was replaced in the US with Sheena is a Punk Rocker (which was also found on the Rocket to Russia album) and with Babysitter on the UK album.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Circle_One said:
Ahh, Roger Waters, I should have known that.

You may not know some of our questions, but you're kicking my *** with your questions, lol.

As for this one, I'm kind of inclined to think it was Pete Townshend, because I know he was awestruck the first time The Who shared a stage with Jimi, but I have no memory of the quote itself, so it's a total guess.

Chris, the song left off the album was Carbona Not Glue (the studio found it too drug related). It was replaced in the US with Sheena is a Punk Rocker (which was also found on the Rocket to Russia album) and with Babysitter on the UK album.
Wow, at least I got the tracks :banghead3. YmirGF you're seriously kicking my arse too. Seeing as C1 already beat me to the Townshend, I'm gonna go with Clapton :) (or any other Yard Birds).

Seeing as we're on The Hendrix Experience:

How many strings on Noel Reddings bass?

Jimi wasn't very happy around the time of Woodstock, what did he say at the start of his set at this famous festival :D

Circle_One

ChrisP said:
Wow, at least I got the tracks :banghead3. YmirGF you're seriously kicking my arse too. Seeing as C1 already beat me to the Townshend, I'm gonna go with Clapton :) (or any other Yard Birds).

Seeing as we're on The Hendrix Experience:

How many strings on Noel Reddings bass?

Jimi wasn't very happy around the time of Woodstock, what did he say at the start of his set at this famous festival :D
Ooh, Clapton is a good guess too.

As for your questions, I'm officially admitting to be stumped on both :banghead3 hehe

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Thanks for the frubals C1 and ChrisP. This is a fun thread....even if I can't answer most of the questions! Learning a lot of interesting tidbits. :)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
The answer is Eric Clapton. :)

Number of strings on Noel's bass? Hmmm. 6? Although that is a guess. (all my posters have long since disintegrated LOL.)
As to what Hendrix said... I just popped in the DVD of his performance and the DVD begins with no introduction and goes straight into Message of Love... so I cannot say.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
YmirGF said:
The answer is Eric Clapton. :)

Number of strings on Noel's bass? Hmmm. 6? Although that is a guess. (all my posters have long since disintegrated LOL.)
As to what Hendrix said... I just popped in the DVD of his performance and the DVD begins with no introduction and goes straight into Message of Love... so I cannot say.
W00000t I love it when I guess right :)

Noel Redding used an 8 string bass MOST of the time. (I don't know what he used all of em for though)

At the start of Woodstock set : "You can leave if you want to. We're just jamming that's all." Yeah he wasn't happy. He also decided they were called Gypsy Sun and Rainbows :rainbow1:
It's on the CD of his set which is fairly widely available. Got the whole CD as one MP3 if anyone wants it.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Q: David Gilmore (guitarist for Pink Floyd) was smitten by this English songbird and could even be heard guest appearing on some of her albums. Who is this female vocalist that I am referring to?

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
cardero said:
Q: David Gilmore (guitarist for Pink Floyd) was smitten by this English songbird and could even be heard guest appearing on some of her albums. Who is this female vocalist that I am referring to?
It's David Jon Gilmour not Gilmore who joined Pink Floyd in 1968, and who is by the way coming up with a new album called, 'On and Island' to be released March 7. And the English songbird is I believe, Kate Bush. Executive producer on 'The Man With The Child In His Eyes' and 'Saxophone Song'. Produced, engineered and guitar on 'Passing Through Air', Backing vocals on 'Pull Out The Pin' , Guitars on 'Love and Anger' and 'Rocket's Tail (for Rocket)', and Guitars on 'Love And Anger'.

Am I right? :D

cardero

Citizen Mod
mrscardero said:
It's David Jon Gilmour not Gilmore who joined Pink Floyd in 1968, and who is by the way coming up with a new album called, 'On and Island' to be released March 7. And the English songbird is I believe, Kate Bush. Executive producer on 'The Man With The Child In His Eyes' and 'Saxophone Song'. Produced, engineered and guitar on 'Passing Through Air', Backing vocals on 'Pull Out The Pin' , Guitars on 'Love and Anger' and 'Rocket's Tail (for Rocket)', and Guitars on 'Love And Anger'.

Am I right? :D
7b. Eligibility: Contest open to all members of Religious Forums, who are 14 years of age and older. RF Members related to cardero or its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising/promotion/interactive and similar agencies, and the immediate families and household members of each are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Or........
mrscardero said:
It's David Jon Gilmour not Gilmore who joined Pink Floyd in 1968, and who is by the way coming up with a new album called, 'On and Island' to be released March 7. And the English songbird is I believe-
BBBUUUZZZZZZZ!!!!!
I'm sorry but that's not what we are looking for.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
LOL, keep the domestics at home ay :p

What about Karen Carpenter or Kylie Minogue. Or maybe Britney Spears.

Circle_One

cardero said:
Marianne Faithful..

cardero

Citizen Mod
mrscardero guessed that it was Kate Bush. From what I have learned Mr, Gilmore was really infatuated with her and his musical contributions can be heard on her Hounds Of Love album. The "hit" from that album was Running Up The Hill.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Interesting Tidbit : Pink Floyd's Pulse concert in 1994 used 4 MIIILLLLLION Pounds of Lighting. *Jaw hit's floor*

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
It's Gilmour, not Gilmore. You did this to me last year and I didn't get anything for winning. I should still get something for getting the right answer. I had to do some research, but I got it right. I am young...the question was before my time :D Do I atleast get lunch for getting the correct answer? I will come out of the computer room and ask you...:biglaugh: