• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Music Trivia

Circle_One

Alright, so I've got thousands of coins that I've no use for, so I figured I'd have a little trivia game to give some away and being the Fanatic Audiophile that I am, my brain is filled with ridiculously useless musical facts. So what better topic for my trivia than music?

I'll start with some easy ones and move onto the more obscure ones later on. You all are welcome to ask your own trivia questions, should you wish to.

So here goes.

Who was the song As Tears Go By written by AND who originally sang it?

Circle_One

Alright, I've got thousands of coins that I've got no use for, so I figured I'd follow the trend and start a little trivia game in order to give them away. Being the Fanatic Audiophile that I am, my brain is absolutely filled with ridiculously useless musical facts, so what better trivia to do than music?

I'll start with some easy ones (ones that I think are easy, anyway) and maybe get into some more obscure questions later. It'd be cool if you guys actually answered these questions because you know the answers and not because you googled it, but meh, what can I do.. You're all welcome to post your own questions if you so wish.

So here goes:

Who wrote the song As Tears Go By AND who was it originally sung by?

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Saw them in concert at Anaheim stadium....Mick was frustrated because people kept throwing their shoes onstage. After a bit, there were probably 100 shoes onstage while they were trying to perform. He called a halt to a song, went backstage and brought out a fire-hose and sprayed all the shoes off the stage. People started throwing shoes again so he got the hose again and started hosing down the front row people...it was all hilarious. Never been to a concert before that or since where the drug checks were so stringent.

Circle_One

Yay! Buttercup gets part credit for knowing part of the answer, but yeah Ðanisty, you are correct. It was written by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards and Marianne Faithful sang it originally, though the Stones did end up doing a rendition of it later on. Full coins for you :) They're on their way to both of you.

Alright, another (probably moreso) easier one:

Who is Eric Burdon?

Circle_One

And you would be correct, Cardero! Yay :D Sorry, I'm a big geek when it comes to music trivia.

Ok, I got another song question now, like the first (it's the only one that's popping into my head at this exact moment).

Who wrote the song Chinese Rock AND who originally sang it?

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Written by DD Ramone and R. Hell. Recorded by the Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers on "Like A *cough**cough*" (family site C1 :D)

Could you give my coins to Danisty?

Circle_One

ChrisP said:
Written by DD Ramone and R. Hell. Recorded by the Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers on "Like A *cough**cough*" (family site C1 :D)

Could you give my coins to Danisty?
You could have just written LAMF, Chris :p But yeah, very good, the Heartbreakers recorded it originally. Dee Dee presented it to the rest of the Ramones but they originally refused to record it and so he gave it to Johnny Thunders who was a good friend of his at the time. As a follow up question, can anyone tell me WHY the Ramones didn't want to record Chinese Rock (though they did end up doing a version of it years later)?

And yeah, I can give the coins to Danisty, no problem. I'll frubal you though, because you deserve a reward for knowing that.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Circle_One said:
You could have just written LAMF, Chris :p But yeah, very good, the Heartbreakers recorded it originally. Dee Dee presented it to the rest of the Ramones but they originally refused to record it and so he gave it to Johnny Thunders who was a good friend of his at the time. As a follow up question, can anyone tell me WHY the Ramones didn't want to record Chinese Rock (though they did end up doing a version of it years later)?

And yeah, I can give the coins to Danisty, no problem. I'll frubal you though, because you deserve a reward for knowing that.
MUAHAHAHA too drug oriented I think was the reason :) Man you're young to know that!

Circle_One

ChrisP said:
MUAHAHAHA too drug oriented I think was the reason :) Man you're young to know that!
Right again! Which is kind of ironic because they had already recorded Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue and went on to record other drug themed songs like Carbona Not Glue. Though as I said, they ended up doing a version of Chinese Rock, changing only the opening lyric from "Somebody called me on the phone, said Hey, is Dee Dee Home" as the Heartbreakers sang it, to "Hey is Artie Home" an homage to Arturo Vega...

As for me being young.. I know, I'm way too young to know 90% of the musical facts I know. I know more about the onslaught of punk than most of the people I know who were actually alive when it happened :D I'm a bit of a Punk (and Rock N Roll in general) history buff (and damn proud of it). Shall I give these coins to Danisty again? I'd frubal you again, but I must spread some around first.

Ok, next question.

When exactly (as in the date) is the Day the Music Died and why is it called that?

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Umm give 'em to Buttercup.

I'd answer this one, but I'd be hogging. HINT: It was a plane crash that killed a large number of early rock'n'roll artists. (now all ya gotta do is name em) :D

Circle_One

ChrisP said:
Umm give 'em to Buttercup.

I'd answer this one, but I'd be hogging. HINT: It was a plane crash that killed a large number of early rock'n'roll artists. (now all ya gotta do is name em) :D
I'm also looking for the date :p You're too good, Chris. I'm eventually gonna stump you, I'm determined. And to Buttercup they go.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Oh so you're making it hard :) well ok then February (please dont' ask the day :shout ) 1959. *ooooo eeeee oooo I look just like* Buddy Holly, Big Bopper and...... *eep* Richie..... Valance... Valens :banghead3

Can I ask you one? :)

Circle_One

ChrisP said:
Oh so you're making it hard :) well ok then February (please dont' ask the day :shout ) 1959. *ooooo eeeee oooo I look just like* Buddy Holly, Big Bopper and...... *eep* Richie..... Valance... Valens :banghead3

Can I ask you one? :)
Valens. And it was February 3rd. You're good.

Of course you can ask me one.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
What nationality is "Kathy" of such Paul Simon ballads as "America, Kathy's Song and Homeward Bound"?