• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Music Trivia

Circle_One

ChrisP said:
What nationality is "Kathy" of such Paul Simon ballads as "America, Kathy's Song and Homeward Bound"?
I'm not entirely sure about this (I actually had to go and grab my Songbook album to make sure I was thinking of the right person), but I think she's Britsh...

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Circle_One said:
I'm not entirely sure about this (I actually had to go and grab my Songbook album to make sure I was thinking of the right person), but I think she's Britsh...
Yeah that's the one. Just looked her up before to make sure I was right. Apparently she left him when he got famous :eek: . She's living in Wales with 3 kids teaching part-time at a technical college, and doesn't want to hear from the media at all :)

my kinda woman!!!

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
ChrisP said:
Yeah that's the one. Just looked her up before to make sure I was right. Apparently she left him when he got famous :eek: . She's living in Wales with 3 kids teaching part-time at a technical college, and doesn't want to hear from the media at all

lmao, sucks to be her :biglaugh:

Circle_One

ChrisP said:
Yeah that's the one. Just looked her up before to make sure I was right. Apparently she left him when he got famous :eek: . She's living in Wales with 3 kids teaching part-time at a technical college, and doesn't want to hear from the media at all :)

my kinda woman!!!
Yeah, I knew she left him sometime in the late 60's, I didn't know why though, that's really interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Alright, I'm going to take a break and walk the dogs. I shall return soon with more music trivia :jam:

Circle_One

Ok, so I thought of a whole bunch of new questions while I was out. Chris is kicking *** so far, haha.

Alright, so next question:

What is my username a reference to?

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Circle_One said:
Ok, so I thought of a whole bunch of new questions while I was out. Chris is kicking *** so far, haha.

Alright, so next question:

What is my username a reference to?
Well, if noone else is playing :p... I think it's a record label. I'm tempted to say it's a Bowie reference based on your avatar but :sarcastic.

Me is Stumped.

Circle_One

ChrisP said:
I'm gonna Butt out now :) What kinda dogs you got C1?
I've got a four month old English Mastiff and a mutt Collie/Samoyed/Wolf.

As for your answer, nope. Woohoo! I stumped you! Since no one else is guessing, I'll give the answer and give you another question.

Circle One is a song by my favorite band, the Germs (they're an old 70's punk band, not many people have heard of them, but I love them).

Ok, who was John Graham Mellor?

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Circle_One said:
I've got a four month old English Mastiff and a mutt Collie/Samoyed/Wolf.
Mastiff's rock. When I actually find where I want to settle down, I'll be getting a mastiff. Are there any Irish sorts?

Ok, who was John Graham Mellor?
The Clash. Do I need to elaborate :)

Must be my Go :bonk: *sits down to think*

Circle_One

ChrisP said:
Mastiff's rock. When I actually find where I want to settle down, I'll be getting a mastiff. Are there any Irish sorts?

The Clash. Do I need to elaborate :)

Must be my Go :bonk: *sits down to think*
I don't think there are any Irish sorts. There are English Mastiffs, American Mastiffs and Bull Mastiffs.. I think that's it, but I could be wrong. I'll check the CKC and get back to you on that.

And no, you don't have to elaborate, you obviously know who he was. For those who don't know, John Graham Mellor is the original name of Clash singer/guitarist Joe Strummer. He was known as Woody Mellor for a few years while playing with the _____ (I'll leave that for you Chris, as my next question. I'm looking for the name of the band :D), but changed him name to Joe Strummer just before he joined the Clash.

I eagerly await your question :)

Circle_One

Ok, my posts are being all weird. First, it said before that I did post, but my post didn't show up at first (not for me at least), and now it's saying that I didn't post (it says Chris is the last one to post), but my last post is there... SO odd..

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Yeah I noticed ?? sumting's up at the mo FOOOORRRR SUUUUUUUURE!

What name did Led Zep originally form under, before they became Led Zepellin in Sept. 68 (first album released Oct. same year).

Circle_One

ChrisP said:
Yeah I noticed ?? sumting's up at the mo FOOOORRRR SUUUUUUUURE!

What name did Led Zep originally form under, before they became Led Zepellin in Sept. 68 (first album released Oct. same year).
They were originally called the New Yardbirds.

Gimme a minute to think of a new question.

Circle_One

Hahaha! My real life will call me in about half an hour when it's time for bed.

But here's my question anyway:

You got Mr. Bowie in my head now, so name me four of David's different stage personas.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Ziggy Stardust, Aladdin Sane, Halloween Jack, Thin White Duke....

I adore Mr. Bowie. If I had to list the top 10 concerts I would like to attend, his would definitely be in the top 10.

Now, I have one for you or Chris..This will probably be easy.

Who is Bun E. Carlos?

Circle_One

Buttercup said:
Ziggy Stardust, Aladdin Sane, Halloween Jack, Thin White Duke....

I adore Mr. Bowie. If I had to list the top 10 concerts I would like to attend, his would definitely be in the top 10.

Now, I have one for you or Chris..This will probably be easy.

Who is Bun E. Carlos?
Bada bing! Very Good. Mr. Bowie is AMAZING live

Bun E. Carlos is the drummer for Cheap Trick (who, I might add, put on a KICK *** concert! I saw them two years ago with Aerosmith and I'm seeing them again with Aerosmith in March. FRONT ROW BABY! Wooot!).