• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Music Trivia

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Circle_One said:
Very good :clap I owe you frubals.

What's the real story behind Alice Cooper and the chicken?
Someone threw a live chicken on stage and he supposedly bit the head off it, but he actually threw it back in to the audience and they dismembered it. :eek:

What was Roger Taylor studying in college when he met Brian May and joined his band, Smile?

Circle_One

Bastet said:
Someone threw a live chicken on stage and he supposedly bit the head off it, but he actually threw it back in to the audience and they dismembered it. :eek:
Right again, they threw the pieces of the body back on stage and the next day someone (I think it was Frank Zappa...) called Alice and asked if he had really bitten the head off and drank the blood, when Alice said no, Frank (if it was, infact him), told him not to tell anyone that he didn't actually do that.

As for this:
What was Roger Taylor studying in college when he met Brian May and joined his band, Smile?
I believe it was Biology

Circle_One

Bastet said:
It was medicine, but that's close enough. :p Frubals coming your way!
I know he was taking Denistry, but he left that and went got a degree Biology from another college. I thought that was before Smile.. *shrugs* hehehe. Thank you muchly though :D

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Oh, and the walrus question was a bit of a trick one...but the answer is a Beatle. It's just not John. ;)

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Circle_One said:
I know he was taking Denistry, but he left that and went got a degree Biology from another college. I thought that was before Smile.. *shrugs* hehehe. Thank you muchly though :D
I stand corrected. ;) The couple of sites I checked out before I posted the question were pretty vague on the details really. :p My own fault lol.

Circle_One

As for the Walrus question, I've read in different places that it was John and then in others that it was Paul, so I'm thinking that if John wasn't the right answer, then Paul is...?

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Circle_One said:
As for the Walrus question, I've read in different places that it was John and then in others that it was Paul, so I'm thinking that if John wasn't the right answer, then Paul is...?
Yep, it's Paul. :) While John is singing the "I am the walrus" line, he is actually dressed as a parrot in the clip - Paul is dressed as a walrus (this can also be seen on the cover of the Magical Mystery Tour album). Also, in the lyrics to 'Glass Onion', John sings:

"I told you about the walrus and me-man,
You know that we're as close as can be-man.
Well here's another clue for you all,
The walrus was Paul."

I had the song ('Glass Onion') in my head, that's what made me think of the question...

Circle_One

Shoot, my mind is dwindling at the moment and no questions are surfacing.

Ok, what song was left off the Ramones Leave Home album for 25 years in the US and England, and what songs replaced it ?(different replaced song on the US and UK versions, looking for both, plus the pulled song).

Circle_One

Bastet said:
Yep, it's Paul. :) While John is singing the "I am the walrus" line, he is actually dressed as a parrot in the clip - Paul is dressed as a walrus (this can also be seen on the cover of the Magical Mystery Tour album). Also, in the lyrics to 'Glass Onion', John sings:

"I told you about the walrus and me-man,
You know that we're as close as can be-man.
Well here's another clue for you all,
The walrus was Paul."

I had the song ('Glass Onion') in my head, that's what made me think of the question...

Very nice, thank you for that! It's a good thing to know. :)

Circle_One

Bastet said:
Ok, one more question, then I'm outta here. :eek: Where did Duran Duran get their name?
From Milo O'Shea's character Dr. Durand Durand in Barbarella (great movie, btw).

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Circle_One said:
Shoot, my mind is dwindling at the moment and no questions are surfacing.

Ok, what song was left off the Ramones Leave Home album for 25 years in the US and England, and what songs replaced it ?(different replaced song on the US and UK versions, looking for both, plus the pulled song).
I'll admit defeat, I haven't got a hope of answering that one. I'll leave it for Chrispy, I'm sure he'll know it. :p

I just got sidetracked looking up celebrity babies names (Roger Taylor got me started after I saw what he named his kids :areyoucra ). A bit of trivia that's not musical, George Foreman had 5 boys and 2 girls...all the boys he named George (George junior, and III, IV, V & VI), and the girls Freeda George & Georgetta. What an ego! :bonk:

Circle_One

Bastet said:
I'll admit defeat, I haven't got a hope of answering that one. I'll leave it for Chrispy, I'm sure he'll know it. :p

I just got sidetracked looking up celebrity babies names (Roger Taylor got me started after I saw what he named his kids :areyoucra ). A bit of trivia that's not musical, George Foreman had 5 boys and 2 girls...all the boys he named George (George junior, and III, IV, V & VI), and the girls Freeda George & Georgetta. What an ego! :bonk:
I knew he'd named all the boys George, but I didn't know about the girls. Wow. That's just a tad bit much, haha.