• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Multiculturalism:Your Opinion

Multiculturalism:You Opinion

• Multiculturalism is totally awesome and anyone who opposes it is a bigot and racist

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Multiculturalism is okay to some extent but their should be dominant culture

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • I dont like Multiculturalism

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Multiculturalism leads to situation like Lebanese Civil War and Partition of India

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Actually, French and Italian are both spoken at about 300 to 1000 hertz. English, like German, is spoken at about 1000 to 3000 hertz. I speak English and some French (Mon Dieu!) and the easiest way to avoid an accent in French is to slow down, while in English you should speed up.

Are you saying that Italians speak as fast as the French?
well...maybe in Milan. We Italians speak very very slowly, if compared to the French, or the British. I've realized that some American Jews normally speak more slowly than other Americans.

By the way, Je ne savais pas que vous parliez Français, monsieur:)

Wirey

Fartist
well...maybe in Milan. We Italians speak very very slowly, if compared to the French, or the British. I've realized that some American Jews normally speak more slowly than other Americans.

As slow as the French. English and German (and Russian and Japanese) are spoken more quickly.

Viker

Häxan

I speak a mile a minute. Here's me reciting the Emancipation Proclamation by Abraham Lincoln, :woohoo:.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
Genocide awareness is what we need in this world, in America at least.
It should prevent them from firing up the furnaces and opening the camps,
Genocide awareness month. Where we reflect on the dozens of previous genocides
and ethnic cleansing and discuss who's next to go.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member

Oh, man, a whole month?!

Alceste

Vagabond
The indigenous population of my country has had two genocide awareness centuries. I'll bet they've had enough

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
One possibly interesting gauge might be to see the degree to which an immigrant's country of origin supports multiculturalism. In a separate RF thread, people are discussing whether Europe's recent open immigration policy is causing problems. There seems to be a growing concern that Europe is in fact experiencing problems with some of its recent immigrants. And it seems as though the immigrants in question tend to come from countries that are EXTREMELY intolerant of other cultures...

Viker

Häxan
Only if the people who committed genocide get their own month. It's fair!

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
My ****** neighborhood is making me lean towards the third option. If I don't get out of here, I'm going to turn into a neo-Nazi or something. Lol.

Viker

Häxan
My ****** neighborhood is making me lean towards the third option. If I don't get out of here, I'm going to turn into a neo-Nazi or something. Lol.
AKT-05.jpg

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
You have no position for the people who love living in a multicultural society, but respect that others prefer to live in monocultures.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Which of the above option best applies to you?

I voted the second option

I hesistated between 1 and 2 but finally choose 2.

I hope that there's more multiculturalism in north africa.
I saw now there's more africans (i mean from Senegal, Cameroun etc), more asians, europeans and i'm glad to see this.
I liked a lot to see people from everywhere and different religions when i was in Dubaï.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I originally was going to abstain from the poll because I agree with the first notion but didn't like the "racist or bigot" part. But then I realized that is exactly what it means. If you feel that multiculturalism is wrong then it is some kind of racism or bigotry. I understand preserving your culture but you can do that without forcing it on others as the dominate culture.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Ok, so what happens when two cultures blend, and their respective core values don't mix to such a degree that the cultural practices of one group are illegal in the other group's culture?