• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More wars in the name of the Abrahamic God than any other God!

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
You are very violent and full of hatred. Like you said its "psychopathic". Wish such poor knowledge, pretending to have superior knowledge, you are spreading falsehood and hatred. It is you mate. You are violent.

Well, before I start I wouldn't rule out that a religion could have violent tendencies. As for Islam I doubt that it is really the case as present by some. Rather I view what is done in name of Islam is politics, local customs and culture and so on. Further I find it problematic to claim something in effect evil as such, because it is on so many levels counterproductive. As for what is true Islam, I use another standard than you, but that is a subject for another thread.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Shinto is a mystery and I like it that way because spiritual doctrine cannot be proven.

I don't follow Shinto texts , and Shinto doesn't declare I have to follow them. I follow my conscience.

No one knows how old Shinto is or who the first precise adherent was.

Tell me. Why did the Jinmu kill the land spider people? Is that some kind of bravery or is it loving the enemy?

Now you dont have a choice but to say "I dont follow scripture. I make up my own doctrine to suit my need to spread hatred towards other peoples religions". ;)

Pathetic.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Of course you do mate. Thats exactly what you are doing. :)

All your loving is just a guise. But every second you are dreaming of spreading hatred and falsehood.

Lets play this game. :)
Im sorry if I chopped off a head. :)

I was simply saying that cutting off hands and feet is extremely cruel and in the Quran, and the Quran does say to kill Polytheists (Idolaters) wherever you find them.

Im pointing out hate-speech. That is not hateful or violent for me to point out bigotry.

Repeatedly condemning Christians, Jews, pagans, and Polytheists, as the Quran does, is bigotry.

Conquering and oppression, as Muhammad and the first Muslims did is morally wrong.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Well, before I start I wouldn't rule out that a religion could have violent tendencies. As for Islam I doubt that it is really the case as present by some. Rather I view what is done in name of Islam is politics, local customs and culture and so on. Further I find it problematic to claim something in effect evil as such, because it is on so many levels counterproductive. As for what is true Islam, I use another standard than you, but that is a subject for another thread.

Mikkel. Any religion can be violent or peaceful. This is a sociological factor. In order to make this kind of study, one has to truly make a study of it. Not make some cut and pastes, cherry pick and demonise. Its childish and pathetic.

Thats the whole point. You think doing a quick google of something like "murder in the Quran" is scholarship? What I am addressing now is not a good discussion like you just spoke of which I respect, I am addressing this persons own words. "Google".

Pathetic effort.

If anyone wishes to discuss a scripture they should do it with scholarship and integrity. Not live and breath everyday to demonise it by hook or crook. Any tom, dick or harry can cut and paste from another hate spreading website. Good for childish people who pretend to be scholars. Cheap.

Sorry. None of that was directed at you. If you want to discuss, open a thread. I will participate. Cheers.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Tell me. Why did the Jinmu kill the land spider people? Is that some kind of bravery or is it loving the enemy?

Now you dont have a choice but to say "I dont follow scripture. I make up my own doctrine to suit my need to spread hatred towards other peoples religions". ;)

Pathetic.
Jimmu is not the founder of Shinto, and he was NOT without error in all his deeds.

I don't agree with everything Shinto leaders have done. Shinto does not teach that I have to follow or agree with Emperor Jimmu.

He didn't start Shinto, as I said.

Muhammad was the prophet and founder of Islam, and was very violent , aggressive, and oppressive.

The Quran is also sadistic and bigoted in some areas. That is a fact I can prove.

It is not hateful to present facts.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Im sorry if I chopped off a head. :)

I was simply saying that cutting off hands and feet is extremely cruel and in the Quran, and the Quran does say to kill Polytheists (Idolaters) wherever you find them.

Im pointing out hate-speech. That is not hateful or violent for me to point out bigotry.

Repeatedly condemning Christians, Jews, pagans, and Polytheists, as the Quran does, is bigotry.

Conquering and oppression, as Muhammad and the first Muslims did is morally wrong.

You dont even know your own religion. How in the big wide world are you qualified to speak of other religions? ;)

YOU have no clue.

Can you tell me something. You are a pretend scholar of Islam and Qur'an right?

1. In the Quran, what kind of people are called "polytheists" or "Mushrikoon"? There are several types of people. Can you give some insight?

2. You spoke of Muhammed and the first Muslims right? Can you tell me which document you are referring to, whats the dating, whats the dating method, and how and when did they call themselves Muslims, in what context?

So rather than repeating your same hate speech, can you address these questions? :)

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Mikkel. Any religion can be violent or peaceful. This is a sociological factor. In order to make this kind of study, one has to truly make a study of it. Not make some cut and pastes, cherry pick and demonise. Its childish and pathetic.

Thats the whole point. You think doing a quick google of something like "murder in the Quran" is scholarship? What I am addressing now is not a good discussion like you just spoke of which I respect, I am addressing this persons own words. "Google".

Pathetic effort.

If anyone wishes to discuss a scripture they should do it with scholarship and integrity. Not live and breath everyday to demonise it by hook or crook. Any tom, dick or harry can cut and paste from another hate spreading website. Good for childish people who pretend to be scholars. Cheap.

Sorry. None of that was directed at you. If you want to discuss, open a thread. I will participate. Cheers.

No, I won't start a thread. I am not there now. I have some thoughts on Islam, but they are not theological. They are sociological.

Cheers.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Jimmu is not the founder of Shinto, and he was NOT without error in all his deeds.

Doesnt answer the question.

Why did he destroy the land spider people? ;)

Now can you tell me. How did the doctrine of the emperor enter Shintoism? When? Isn't that a very cruel, unfair doctrine?

firedragon

Veteran Member
Name a false claim I made about Shinto please. :)

Every claim is false. Thats why you cant answer a single question. I will show you your kind of shallow hate spreading type of scholarship on Shintoism. I will show you your own methodology.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You dont even know your own religion. How in the big wide world are you qualified to speak of other religions? ;)

YOU have no clue.

1. In the Quran, what kind of people are called "polytheists" or "Mushrikoon"? There are several types of people. Can you give some insight?

2. You spoke of Muhammed and the first Muslims right? Can you tell me which document you are referring to, whats the dating, whats the dating method, and how and when did they call themselves Muslims, in what context?

So rather than repeating your same hate speech, can you address these questions? :)
Repeatedly the Quran condemns those who join associates with God.

I already told you I'm not a scholar, and I'm very informed about Shinto Doctrine. It is belief in Kami.

There are no other infallible Shinto Dogma. Neither are there infallible Shinto Scriptures.

I enshrine Kami, bless them, receive holy communion for them, offer up the treasures of Holy Eucharist for them, pray the Rosary, and other prayers.

Shinto can be synchronized with other Religions. Jesus, Muhammad, Fatima, God, and the blessed Virgin Mary, are Kami I pray to as well.

Nothing in the Shinto faith forbids me from doing that.

I try to be good to other people to make Kami happy through deeds of charity, almsgiving, offer up chores, offer up actions, offer up sufferings for the Kami , and love them in all things.

I don't focus on Scriptures or Doctrines, because they lead to arguments, cannot be proven, and distract me from devotion to Kami.

I have read the Quran front to back once. I'm not a scholar. But under no circumstances is cutting off hands, feet, torturing people, oppressing them, trampling what Polytheists hold as sacred etc. In no circumstances is that okay.

Those behaviors are promoted in the Quran as well as repeatedly judging and condemning Christians and Polytheists.

Islamic groups have used the Quran to oppress countless millions of people even in the 21st century.

It simply makes me sick. :(

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Doesnt answer the question.

Why did he destroy the land spider people? ;)

Now can you tell me. How did the doctrine of the emperor enter Shintoism? When? Isn't that a very cruel, unfair doctrine?
That isn't infallible doctrine and you don't have to believe it to be a Shinto adherent.

I don't even know if it can be proven who Jimmu was or what he did. I don't follow state Shinto or agree with Jimmu's decisions.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Every claim is false. Thats why you cant answer a single question. I will show you your kind of shallow hate spreading type of scholarship on Shintoism. I will show you your own methodology.
No you can't.

Shinto is belief in the Kami. You don't have to believe other dogma or Scripture in Shinto.

It is simply loving Kami and trying to serve them, and I try to do good deeds for them to please them , as well as enshrine and bless them.

That is Shinto as I practice it. That is my Religion.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Every claim is false??

Once again, way to destroy your credibility... again!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Is cutting off hands and feet, crucifying people, pouring boiling water on them, burning them, then torturing people forever okay under any circumstances?

It's a yes or no question. ;)

firedragon

Veteran Member
Is cutting off hands and feet, crucifying people, pouring boiling water on them, burning them, then torturing people forever okay under any circumstances?

It's a yes or no question. ;)

Nope. Its not.

I would say that Shintoism is murderous and very dangerous, using your same standards of cherry picking.

What with killing all the land spider people by Jimmu. ;) You think that's great? Like you know like you say "love thy enemy"?

Every claim is false??

Once again, way to destroy your credibility... again!

Yep. Every single claim of yours is simply "false".

You cant answer a single question. Because you dont know what to say. Because you have no knowledge about it. All you are here to do is psychopathic hate spreading, using very similar language to yours.

Repeatedly the Quran condemns those who join associates with God.

I already told you I'm not a scholar, and I'm very informed about Shinto Doctrine. It is belief in Kami.

There are no other infallible Shinto Dogma. Neither are there infallible Shinto Scriptures.

I enshrine Kami, bless them, receive holy communion for them, offer up the treasures of Holy Eucharist for them, pray the Rosary, and other prayers.

Shinto can be synchronized with other Religions. Jesus, Muhammad, Fatima, God, and the blessed Virgin Mary, are Kami I pray to as well.

Nothing in the Shinto faith forbids me from doing that.

I try to be good to other people to make Kami happy through deeds of charity, almsgiving, offer up chores, offer up actions, offer up sufferings for the Kami , and love them in all things.

I don't focus on Scriptures or Doctrines, because they lead to arguments, cannot be proven, and distract me from devotion to Kami.

I have read the Quran front to back once. I'm not a scholar. But under no circumstances is cutting off hands, feet, torturing people, oppressing them, trampling what Polytheists hold as sacred etc. In no circumstances is that okay.

Those behaviors are promoted in the Quran as well as repeatedly judging and condemning Christians and Polytheists.

Islamic groups have used the Quran to oppress countless millions of people even in the 21st century.

It simply makes me sick. :(

You didnt answer the question.

So rather than repeating your same hate speech, can you address these questions?

Admit you dont know anything. Or answer these simple questions. :)

firedragon

Veteran Member
@Spiderman

Can you explain why Shintoism is so murderous (using your own standards) and explain why the princess of good food was killed? Why is suicide so venerated? I mean Motowori killed herself by jumping into this deep pool of water and that place is worshiped. You probably know Otokuni. And after all Yakidzu is a place where "ALL" the rulers relevant were murdered isn't it? Why are songs sung, poetically venerated when someone commits suicide? As in lets say the prince Karu episode? Suicide, Seppuku, Kamikaze, all venerated and worshiped.

Why is it so murderous? Deadly isn't it? Psychopathic in your own words.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
@Spiderman

Can you explain why Shintoism is so murderous (using your own standards) and explain why the princess of good food was killed? Why is suicide so venerated? I mean Motowori killed herself by jumping into this deep pool of water and that place is worshiped. You probably know Otokuni. And after all Yakidzu is a place where "ALL" the rulers relevant were murdered isn't it? Why are songs sung, poetically venerated when someone commits suicide? As in lets say the prince Karu episode? Suicide, Seppuku, Kamikaze, all venerated and worshiped.

Why is it so murderous? Deadly isn't it? Psychopathic in your own words.
I already told you, I don't follow those Shinto adherents who kill people. Shinto does not require or tell us to.

I follow belief in Kami, enshrining them, loving them, blessing them, and trying to grow in virtue.

Shinto as I follow it is enshrining good noble Kami who seem to be influencing me to be more charitable, kind, mature, and virtuous.

Because Shinto has only one Doctrine, and no inerrant Scriptures, and no known founder, people have the liberty to follow their conscience, have a personal relationship and experience with Kami, and follow Shinto as they believe the Kami are telling them to.

Not all Kami are good. Some Shinto adherents have done heinous crimes, but originally Shinto was about blessing and loving Kami in nature , and the original Shinto Shrines were sacred blessed trees , and places in nature believed to be sacred.

In Shinto they build spirit homes, shrines, Honden Structures (rooms or buildings closed to the public for enshrined Kami), and Kamidanas (cupboards for the enshrined Kami).

That is Shinto as I practice it. Nothing bad about it. Can you tell me what is wrong with those practices?

People that murder in the name of Shinto I don't follow.

Muhammad on the other hand was guilty of countless violence, he personally cut off heads, and oppression, and the Quran has much bigotry, hate speech, and calls to violence.

Look at how many violent oppressive Islamic regimes there have been in the 21st century.

What those regimes do is supported by the Quran, which Muslims believe to be without error.

Atrocities committed by Shinto adherents is not supported by a text that Kami inspired, that Shinto claims to be without error.

You lost the argument many times mate. Shinto does not condemn other Religions or call people to violence.

The Quran does. You lost the argument. And I never claimed to be a scholar about Islam.