• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More of the "who"?

gnostic

The Lost One
I have started on who are your favourite god or/and goddess in the Greek mythology section, so I thought I start one here for the Norse mythology.

So who is your favourite Norse/Teutonic god? And who is your favorite goddess? And whatever reason why you prefer any one of them?

Freyja is my favourite goddess because she collect her share of the dead warriors, fallen in the battle, she drive a chariot drawn by cats and have a neat cloak that allow her to turn into falcon. She is the goddess of love and war, because she resemblance the Sumerian goddess Inana...and it helps that she is a real sexy babe. :D

I had a little difficulty in choosing between Loki and Thor.

Zephyr

Moved on
Wodan. He may not always do what's best, but you have to love his dedication to knowledge.

And Loki was a *******.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
I have started on who are your favourite god or/and goddess in the Greek mythology section, so I thought I start one here for the Norse mythology.

So who is your favourite Norse/Teutonic god? And who is your favorite goddess? And whatever reason why you prefer any one of them?

Freyja is my favourite goddess because she collect her share of the dead warriors, fallen in the battle, she drive a chariot drawn by cats and have a neat cloak that allow her to turn into falcon. She is the goddess of love and war, because she resemblance the Sumerian goddess Inana...and it helps that she is a real sexy babe. :D

I had a little difficulty in choosing between Loki and Thor.
Freyja for me too.
We named our daughter after her !

Smoke

Done here.
I like most of them. I especially like Vanir -- Njord, Freyr, and Freyja -- and Forseti, but Odin is perhaps the most intriguing.

Ciarin

Pass the mead!
Hail Thor!

I give it for Tyr as well.

But on Age of Mythology my fav is Odin if that means anything.

ryynänen47

Little Old Heathen Lady
My patron is Heimdal, the Watcher of the bridge to Asgard.

Freya and All-Mother Frigga are admirable and I wish to learn more about them.

Hail the Aesir; Hail the Vanir,

Ryynänen47 :cool:

gnostic

The Lost One
Ryynänen47 said:
My patron is Heimdal, the Watcher of the bridge to Asgard.

Now, that the first we have of Heimdal. Intriguing god.

And I just completely baffled how a god can have possibly 9 mothers. How is that even possible?

gnostic

The Lost One
j bryson said:
Womb timesharing with a one month maximum stay?

:biglaugh: I really never thought of that. :biglaugh:

Do you know which is the real (original) mother? The first one's egg donor?

gnostic

The Lost One
:D *grin*

The Norse myth mentioned the 9 mothers (daughters of Aegir and Ran), but I don't think they have ever mention who the father was?