• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Morality of Homosexuality

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
That might be true today, but I would like you to know that I, Quagmire, and Mister T have been very hard at work in our home laboratory trying to come up with a new perversion known only to heterosexual males. We aim to win a Nobel.
We take pride in our work. When it comes to perversions, we don't mess around.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
exactly......

i could care less about it

on this thread, i am even being told how I feel, from a stranger......

that i am secular, a bigot, represent nothing of truth, and even that I can't write

maybe I should be gay at least the gang will fight all comers without having to retain any integrity, common sense or compassion for others besides the gang

being gay is a choice and often learned by assimilation (they become borg)

and it does not matter if you liked to do animals......

my whole issue within this thread is keep them personal choices and the impositions away from others if not for core compassion, then of your own moral obligation of recognizing the amount of damage that can be done to the children

What utter garbage. I would much rather keep small minded bigots away from little children, lest the kids think that such simple minded filth is okay.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
DoNotFeedTroll.jpg

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
That might be true today, but I would like you to know that I, Quagmire, and Mister T have been very hard at work in our home laboratory trying to come up with a new perversion known only to heterosexual males. We aim to win a Nobel.

I may be past my prime, but I'm willing to volunteer to try it out (providing it doesn't require a lot of stamina) .

Last edited:

spiritually inclined

Traditional marriage: A nut and a bolt, they go together, they serve a function.

Homosexual marriage: A nut and a nut, a bolt and a bolt, they do nothing and serve no function.

Let's add another:

gay man married to a woman: a nut, and a nut, a bolt, and a bolt

The same for a straight man with a man.

But two lesbians or two gay men make a nut and a bolt, their relationship works for them, whether anyone else likes it or not.

James

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Traditional marriage: A nut and a bolt, they go together, they serve a function.

Homosexual marriage: A nut and a nut, a bolt and a bolt, they do nothing and serve no function.

What function? Squeezing out babies? Are we facing a shortage? Is the human population plummeting? Must everything we do "serve a function" to further the hive? Oh, wait. Humanity isn't a insect colony. Your bad.

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
Soooo..., are ther any LEGITIMATE non religious reasons to ban homosexual marriage? I still think not as I have yet to see any and highly doubt I ever will.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Soooo..., are ther any LEGITIMATE non religious reasons to ban homosexual marriage? I still think not as I have yet to see any and highly doubt I ever will.

Tradition which is interlocked with religion. And then of course some people are just against it for religious reasons and so be it.
The only thing i have a problem with is the fact that religion and traditionalists are blocking some of the rights of homosexuals in a lot of countries.

blackout

Violet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcajun

From the book 101 Things to do with Nuts and Bolts...
(chapter 3-- "possibilities with 3 pieces of hardware")

#46. One can thread two nuts onto one bolt.

#47. It is possible to hold two bolts together with an extra wide nut.

Last edited:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Well, I'll summarize madhatter's, from other threads. If every one became gay, it would be the end of the human race. Acceptance of homosexuality in ancient cultures such as Rome led to their destruction, apparently from decreased birth rate due to widespread practice of homosexuality, I guess--the connection is never spelled out.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Tradition which is interlocked with religion. And then of course some people are just against it for religious reasons and so be it.

If only we could get them to admit that. Of course, in a free country religious objections alone are not a legitimate reason to restrict the rights of others. The lot of them should probably drop their "freedom loving patriot" facade.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
If only we could get them to admit that. Of course, in a free country religious objections alone are not a legitimate reason to restrict the rights of others. The lot of them should probably drop their "freedom loving patriot" facade.

Haha yeh exactly, but did you see any legitimate reasons outside religion presented that actually held some weight? No, there are reasons, but you cant use the whole demise of the human race arguement because if those gay people were to become straight they would probably do their upmost to avoid procreation anyway because naturally they are gay aren't they.

Marraige and through it the birth of children is an act of enhancing the value of "the family unit" and a means for the evolution of humanity...

...Marraige where the couple do not wish to have children is similar and is, in my opinion, wrong. Once again, marraige and through it the birth of children is an act of enhancing the value of "the family unit" and a means for the evolution of humanity.

I'd love to watch you propose to someone on one knee:

"Would you do me the honour of being my wife so that we can further the ideal of the family unit, produce children and forward the evolution of humanity. You do understand that if it turns out that you are infertile we will have to divorce. Of course when the kids leave home or if they die, we'll divorce because there will no longer be any point for our marriage. I'm also against kissing because that serves no purpose. Sorry I haven't got you a ring but it wouldn't serve any practical purpose either."

Beaudreaux

(I wish I could take credit for this, but I heard it from a stand-up comedian.)

You know, Eve really started all this mess by eating the apple. Do you know how the Bible says God punished her? Painful childbirth. It's true. And God punished man by making him have to live with woman. See, that's why I think God's mad at gay guys. It's not that being gay is immoral, but they found a loophole. "Geeze those women are crazy. Why don't we just **** each other."

I don't recall the comedian's name, and I know he's making a joke, but maybe there's something to that.

Kerr

You know, Eve really started all this mess by eating the apple. Do you know how the Bible says God punished her? Painful childbirth. It's true. And God punished man by making him have to live with woman. See, that's why I think God's mad at gay guys. It's not that being gay is immoral, but they found a loophole. "Geeze those women are crazy. Why don't we just **** each other."
Lol, nice one.

SHANMAC

While I agree with points A and B and certainly do not dispute that a new religion could begin wherever there is a void, I'm not sure I agree with your statement about the "older monotheisms" being full of violence and fear. Can you explain that one a bit?

SHANMAC

I'm just going to reply to my own post and apologize - I replied to a post quite a while back in the thread instead of looking to the end of the thread. It's my first day...