• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men's rights, feminism, misogyny, misandry let's discuss the issues

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I think the much reviled "man hating feminist " is largely a myth. The loud outliers have skewed people's perception to a ridiculous degree, to the point that an awful lot of people who complain about feminism don't even know what it actually is. The word has almost become a generic epithet, like "liberal" or "NAZI".

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
<...>
"Do you believe in equality?"

Yes.

"Well you believe in feminism"

Okay.

"yes, you do!"

Yes, okay, but I also believe in the equality for everyone

"No, no. That is patriarchy there is no equality for everyone. Women have experienced injustice for so long and we're barely attaining some equal rights now!"

Okay but men have also experienced inequality in some areas

"No, no. That's patriarchy!"
<...>
What feminists call "The Patriarchy" refers to the cultural nomos.

Nomos (sociology) - Wikipedia

If you want to critique the nomos in a different context than feminism does, it might be more effective to just use the generic phrase cultural nomos, or coin a new name for the specific aspect of the nomos that you are critiquing.

As you are probably already well aware, people can become quite irrational when you critique the nomos. (The nomos usually lies just below consciousness, and it is often taken to be "self evident" without much critical thought.)

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think the much reviled "man hating feminist " is largely a myth. The loud outliers have skewed people's perception to a ridiculous degree, to the point that an awful lot of people who complain about feminism don't even know what it actually is. The word has almost become a generic epithet, like "liberal" or "NAZI".

Perhaps not a myth, but a rarity which is true for only a small percentage. One thing I've noticed lately is that a lot of women refrain from identifying as feminists. I came across a recent poll where only 46% of women surveyed identified as feminists (Women weigh in on women in politics and on Ivanka Trump), although I've seen polls where the percentage was even lower.

I don't think feminism really entails hating men either. It's not really like that, although I don't discount the loud outliers, as you point out. What I see more evident is a kind of blind, unconditional support of "Team Woman" more than anything else. It's an ongoing "battle of the sexes" which never seems to end. It doesn't have to involve outright "hatred," but things could be made more amicable without such blind partisanship.

“There is a special place in hell for women who don't help other women." - Madeleine Albright. It's this kind of rhetoric which is terribly unhelpful. I saw a lot of it during the 2016 campaign where it was often said "it's time for a woman president." But one might well ask, "Why does it have to be *that* woman?" Aren't we allowed to use discretion and judge people as individuals regardless of their gender?

Another side point I might make is that use of terms like "misandry" and painting feminists as "man haters" may also be a response to the common rhetorical practice of willy-nilly labeling men as "misogynists," often for shaky and frivolous reasons. It's merely a matter of applying the same standard. If we're going to call someone a "hater," then the same standard must apply to all, or else it's useless.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

It might be a myth but one can easily get that impression by certain behaviours. In the late 1960s I had a female in a 'cult' bookshop telling me that the section labelled 'Women's issues' was off-limits to me. Really?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Men and women differ by an entire chromosome; X or Y .

This isn't a science class. I'm well aware of genetic differences.

Men and women are different, and should not be homogenized, if the goal is natural living. Gay and Transgender may differ by an unknown gene or two and be called unique. Yet differences by an entire chromosome does not count?.

This comment is the reason why feminist feel feminism is necessary because of comments like this. Genetic differences aside, it shouldn't deter people from being treated with respect and equality.

Studies have shown that men are more visually orientated, while women are more verbally orientated. Men see the differences, due to an entire chromosome, while women obey the latest verbal scam, because they do not see the lack of conceptual consistency. This difference in men and women is verified by science in that men tend to use the brain more front to back; visual center and imagination, while women tend to use the brain more side to side; audio cortex. Men and women are designed to be complements and not enemies.

You wasted an entire post on trash science trying to justify sexism....

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
In short, there are racist feminists.

Some feminists shout equality for all but I would argue that is not feminism.

Anyhows, I knew feminist from a liberal college. Even before taking her first job, she already believed she had a glass ceiling and would never succeed. I tried to argue with her but it is what it is...

I blame radical feminism on radical professors. I understand the position of progressive thinkers but sometimes certain progressive ideals are tinged with radicalism.

wellwisher

If you understand the natural differences between male and female, it is easy to understand feminism. Males, naturally, use their brain more front to back and back to front, while women tend to use the brain more side to side; left to right and right to left. The result is natural and cultural reality is processed differently in the male and female brain. This natural design is there to increase the range of human perception, with male and female, compliments, not adversaries. However, the differences in brain processing often make men and women mysterious and misunderstood by each other.

Feminism is about making it easier for females, by altering culture, so culture is set up to make it easier to process using the female brain, side to side. Males have created most of the cultural norms, based on front to back thinking, since the creator of the norm gets to decide how the game works. This harder for females to process, so the feminist are trying to alter this more to the needs of the female brain.

Let me give an example, that summarizes this divide. Say a wife is feeling insecure about her weight. She asks her husband if she looks fat in her new dress. The male, over time, learns that this is a trick question. His wife appears to be asking for his observational opinion; back to front thinking. But in reality, she would prefer him say something that makes her feel good, even if it is a lie, or is out of touch with observational realty. If he said, "I would not say fat, but you have gained about 25 pounds, this would be an accurate observation. However, she will not react well too this observation. She will react better to him saying, no, you look thinner than ever, even if this is not consistent with her question or what he sees.

Women, via side to side, are verbally orientated, therefore words have more power in their minds, then visual observation. The magic of words can alter their perception of reality. This is why some men lie to women. They will not fact check if the words make them feel good or secure. PC is an example of the female mind. Nobody seems to notice the visual hypocrisy and inconsistencies, since the words are magic. Men use a more universal language based on sight and imagination. They may sense hypocrisy in PC, since they don't use just words to assess/define reality. Men make up the majority of pioneers. Pioneer work means going where the words have not yet been defined. However, observational reality, by being universal, can still be used to infer and deduce, even before formal labels are created.

Men and women are compliments, since front to back processing, added to side to side processing exercises the entire human brain. Men and women cross program each other. Men learn from women and women learn from men. This is maximized, if both male and female remain in tune with natural, so each can set an extreme example for cross learning.

Feminization of men is based men being conditioned to use side to side and repress front to back repress via verbal labels like evil male, until the magic hypocrisy of the PC verbal games, seems to make more sense than visual common sense. This is the dark side of feminization since it does damage to natural male thinking, making it harder for the female brain to cross program itself, to the needs of visual reality.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
If you understand the natural differences between male and female, it is easy to understand feminism. Males, naturally, use their brain more front to back and back to front, while women tend to use the brain more side to side; left to right and right to left. The result is natural and cultural reality is processed differently in the male and female brain. This natural design is there to increase the range of human perception, with male and female, compliments, not adversaries. However, the differences in brain processing often make men and women mysterious and misunderstood by each other.

Feminism is about making it easier for females, by altering culture, so culture is set up to make it easier to process using the female brain, side to side. Males have created most of the cultural norms, based on front to back thinking, since the creator of the norm gets to decide how the game works. This harder for females to process, so the feminist are trying to alter this more to the needs of the female brain.

Let me give an example, that summarizes this divide. Say a wife is feeling insecure about her weight. She asks her husband if she looks fat in her new dress. The male, over time, learns that this is a trick question. His wife appears to be asking for his observational opinion; back to front thinking. But in reality, she would prefer him say something that makes her feel good, even if it is a lie, or is out of touch with observational realty. If he said, "I would not say fat, but you have gained about 25 pounds, this would be an accurate observation. However, she will not react well too this observation. She will react better to him saying, no, you look thinner than ever, even if this is not consistent with her question or what he sees.

Women, via side to side, are verbally orientated, therefore words have more power in their minds, then visual observation. The magic of words can alter their perception of reality. This is why some men lie to women. They will not fact check if the words make them feel good or secure. PC is an example of the female mind. Nobody seems to notice the visual hypocrisy and inconsistencies, since the words are magic. Men use a more universal language based on sight and imagination. They may sense hypocrisy in PC, since they don't use just words to assess/define reality. Men make up the majority of pioneers. Pioneer work means going where the words have not yet been defined. However, observational reality, by being universal, can still be used to infer and deduce, even before formal labels are created.

Men and women are compliments, since front to back processing, added to side to side processing exercises the entire human brain. Men and women cross program each other. Men learn from women and women learn from men. This is maximized, if both male and female remain in tune with natural, so each can set an extreme example for cross learning.

Feminization of men is based men being conditioned to use side to side and repress front to back repress via verbal labels like evil male, until the magic hypocrisy of the PC verbal games, seems to make more sense than visual common sense. This is the dark side of feminization since it does damage to natural male thinking, making it harder for the female brain to cross program itself, to the needs of visual reality.

You still haven’t addressed my earlier post to you