• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men's Issues/Masculism DIR

Should we have a Men's Issues DIR?

• Yes

Votes: 29 64.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 35.6%

• Total voters

Aquitaine

Man therapy? Hahaha!

It always makes me laugh when products/services have got to have "Man" in them, because apparently we need extra guidance like that, otherwise we may accidentally purchase a product that isn't "Manly". :sarcastic

Man tissues, Man size, Man crisps etc - stop trying to stereotype Men as simplistic brutes lol. :biglaugh:

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
If there's a feminism one, sure.

Personally, I don't care for either the feminism area or the idea of the masculinism area, but fair's fair.

Aquitaine

If there's a feminism one, sure.

Personally, I don't care for either the feminism area or the idea of the masculinism area, but fair's fair.

I suppose we should make one, not that there will ever be more than about 3 threads in it though. :D

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Is there an actual need for a specific area for it though?

Any issue that could conceivably be discussed there can, and has, been discussed in the general areas of the forum without much difficulty or interference. The purpose of the feminism forum wasn't to create a special area, but to provide an area where those issues could be discussed without the constant interruptions and trolling that was talking place.

Flankerl

This is as stupid as the Feminism DIR.

"Equal understanding? Who cares! Dividing dividing dividing...."

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
So long as it not a bunch of beef jerky eatin, chest beaters complaining about how there aren't ''any real men'' any more.....

That is..... I hope there can at least be some balance in the vastness in perspective about what being a man means.

And...... I guess it is ok if people want to talk about making beef jerky a food group... : )

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Boys can't even play dodgeball any more at school. It has to do with the pussification of this current generation. Guns are scary, no one can take a butt whooping and leave it at that.

Talking on the phone for more than a moment was considered feminine, I guess the current generation did not get that memo either.

Men's issues? Grow a set! :facepalm:

I definitely agree, at my school we can still play dodgeball luckily. My school used to let high schoolers play with paintball guns, but that was back when I was in elementary.

I 100% agree with what you say "the pussification of this current generation", if you mean that society is being too soft on us and not pushing our limits.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
I'd like to suggest the first thread:

Why do we keep pushing ADHD drugs onto our boys?

Alceste

Vagabond

I'd comment on that. Second thread: male-on-male rape. It's outrageously common in conflict zones, but everybody pretends it doesn't happen at all. Survivors can't talk about it and there wouldn't be anybody listening if they did.

ignition

Yeah! Woohoo equality! Let's make our own DIR where we discuss the evils of feminism and the sly corrupt ways of women.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I'd comment on that. Second thread: male-on-male rape. It's outrageously common in conflict zones, but everybody pretends it doesn't happen at all. Survivors can't talk about it and there wouldn't be anybody listening if they did.
^Seems to me that there's definitely good material to start a masculism area with.

Yeah! Woohoo equality! Let's make our own DIR where we discuss the evils of feminism and the sly corrupt ways of women.
Or not.

10. Discuss Individual Religions Forums/Same Faith Debates/"Only Sections"
The DIR subforums are for the express use for discussion by that specific group. They are not to be used for debate by anyone. People of other groups or faiths may post respectful questions to increase their understanding. Questions of a rhetorical or argumentative nature or that counter the beliefs of that DIR are not permitted. DIR areas are not to be used as cover to bash others outside the faith. The DIR forums are strictly moderated and posts are subject to editing or removal.

ignition

Surely feminists aren't allowed to comment in it? :eek:

ignition

10. Discuss Individual Religions Forums/Same Faith Debates/"Only Sections"
The DIR subforums are for the express use for discussion by that specific group. They are not to be used for debate by anyone. People of other groups or faiths may post respectful questions to increase their understanding. Questions of a rhetorical or argumentative nature or that counter the beliefs of that DIR are not permitted. DIR areas are not to be used as cover to bash others outside the faith. The DIR forums are strictly moderated and posts are subject to editing or removal.

Or not.
It was a joke, but you can thump the rule book at me all you want because I have a soft spot for you.

Alceste

Vagabond
Surely feminists aren't allowed to comment in it? :eek:

It's not either or, IMO. You can be both.

OTOH, my concerns about men's issues like sexual assault and custody fit neatly under the banner of my feminism, so I don't really need two separate DIRs to discuss them. :p

Rakhel

Would it be against the rules for the masculism DIR to discuss how radical feminism is harming the male psyche?

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Would it be against the rules for the masculism DIR to discuss how radical feminism is harming the male psyche?
Well rules are in place but then they're interpreted on a case by case basis by staff consensus.

The topic of the patriarchy and harmful effects from it have come up in the feminism DIR and will continue to do so, but the emphasis is more on improvement than criticism. If there are cultural trends that are seen as harming males, then discussing them in a proactive manner would likely be okay in my view. Criticizing an outside group would start to violate the rules. If one is in any doubt about the viability of a thread in any area of the forum, one can start a thread in the site feedback area so that staff can come to a consensus on it before it exists.