• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men's Issues/Masculism DIR

Should we have a Men's Issues DIR?

• Yes

Votes: 29 64.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 35.6%

• Total voters

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
So do I. But there is an idea some people have that men shouldnt need help. And unfortunately I am a part of those people at times.

I, personally, find the concept nonsense.

Men and women both need help sometimes, and if a man shouldn't have help in a certain instance, than the woman can do it without help as well. ... within biological limits, of course. ^_^

Kerr

I, personally, find the concept nonsense.

Men and women both need help sometimes, and if a man shouldn't have help in a certain instance, than the woman can do it without help as well. ... within biological limits, of course. ^_^
I think its nonsense as well. But it still managed to sneak its way into my head, lol.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
I think its nonsense as well. But it still managed to sneak its way into my head, lol.

Guess it helps that one of the shows I grew up on was Sailor Moon. :D (And I legitimately enjoyed it, BTW, not because of the underage girls in short skirts.)

Kerr

As for if there should be a masculism DIR, I havent voted because I am undecided. Feminism has a rather specific reason to exist. It is about combating the patriarchal structure in society, which means fighting for womans rights. I am not exactly sure what the purpose for masculism is, tbh.

Kerr

Guess it helps that one of the shows I grew up on was Sailor Moon. :D (And I legitimately enjoyed it, BTW, not just because of the underage girls in short skirts.)
Lol, I did too :p. But I have this "filter" problem. Things sneaks into my head rather easily.

ignition

That is correct, if you're doing the questioning in an argumentative fashion.
Are you being serious?! So anyone can say anything about the Qur'an without fear of being confronted, what the hell is the point in that? But moving back to feminism, I identify with feminism in general, but there are specific problems I have with some of the groups who claim to be feminists. I have every right to use my own interpretation of what feminism ought to embody in the feminist DIR, am I wrong? After all, you did say that people can air their own interpretations of the Qur'an in the Islam DIR.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As for if there should be a masculism DIR, I havent voted because I am undecided. Feminism has a rather specific reason to exist. It is about combating the patriarchal structure in society, which means fighting for womans rights. I am not exactly sure what the purpose for masculism is, tbh.
It could be a place to discuss feminism & matriarchy....without losing any blood in the process.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Are you being serious?! So anyone can say anything about the Qur'an without fear of being confronted, what the hell is the point in that?
The same-faith debates area exists for members of a similar group to debate a topic.

The DIRs and other restricted areas are meant for discussion within the group but not intense debate.

Kerr

Are you being serious?! So anyone can say anything about the Qur'an without fear of being confronted, what the hell is the point in that? But moving back to feminism, I identify with feminism in general, but there are specific problems I have with some of the groups who claim to be feminists. I have every right to use my own interpretation of what feminism ought to embody in the feminist DIR, am I wrong? After all, you did say that people can air their own interpretations of the Qur'an in the Islam DIR.
There are some groups within feminism that have gone a bit... too far. In my country one famous feminist suggested a "male tax", to take one example. But they arent a representation of feminism as a whole, or as a concept. Feminism is about freeing woman from the patriarchal structure of society (which does exist, at least in my country) and to fight for their rights.

Kerr

It could be a place to discuss feminism & matriarchy....without losing any blood in the process.
Matriarchy isnt even close to as problematic as the patriarchy, at least not in my country :p. But it may exist, of course. I just havent seen it.

ignition

The same-faith debates area exists for members of a similar group to debate a topic.

The DIRs and other restricted areas are meant for discussion within the group but not intense debate.
I know that babe, but it depends on how you define being "within the group", I'm a feminist in my own sense, not in the sense of extreme radical pro-women pressure groups like the London Feminist Network.

ignition

There are some groups within feminism that have gone a bit... too far. In my country one famous feminist suggested a "male tax", to take one example. But they arent a representation of feminism as a whole, or as a concept. Feminism is about freeing woman from the patriarchal structure of society (which does exist, at least in my country) and to fight for their rights.
Exactly! There's a campaign in Britain to free women from prisons, can you believe the audacity they have? And they call themselves feminists, all they are doing is smearing what used it to be good label to wear. Unfortunately, being a feminist in Britain means supporting these policies, that's why I never tell people I'm a feminist in real life, the first thing they think of would be the dominant extreme groups rather than the more quiet mainstream.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Matriarchy isnt even close to as problematic as the patriarchy, at least not in my country :p. But it may exist, of course. I just havent seen it.
If it exists, & the extent to which it exists would be up for discussion there.
Perhaps many might say it doesn't.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As I read the rules, green DIRs allow outsiders too.
Yes, green is the least restrictive. The person must be posting within the spirit of the DIR, though. Then blue, where only respectful questions are allowed from people who do not identify as members of the DIR. Purple is the most restrictive in that people who do not identify as part of the area are not supposed to post at all.

Kerr

Exactly! There's a campaign in Britain to free women from prisons, can you believe the audacity they have? And they call themselves feminists, all they are doing is smearing what used it to be good label to wear. Unfortunately, being a feminist in Britain means supporting these policies, that's why I never tell people I'm a feminist in real life, the first thing they think of would be the dominant extreme groups rather than the more quiet mainstream.
You mean they want to make so women doesnt go to prison? Or that some, or all, women in prison at present time should be set free?

ignition

You mean they want to make so women doesnt go to prison? Or that some, or all, women in prison at present time should be set free?
They want less and less women to be sent to prison every year, and also more women to be gradually released from prison so they can be "properly looked after" in other places like hospitals, therapy places etc. I was shocked when I saw a poster for this in London, I think it had words like "women suffering in prison" or something like that. Well what is prison meant to be for criminals? Neverland? Haha I'm never supporting that, and being excluded from the feminist DIR is a small price to pay in my opinion LOL :D

Kerr

They want less and less women to be sent to prison every year, and also more women to be gradually released from prison so they can be "properly looked after" in other places like hospitals, therapy places etc. I was shocked when I saw a poster for this in London, I think it had words like "women suffering in prison" or something like that. Well what is prison meant to be for criminals? Neverland? Haha I'm never supporting that, and being excluded from the feminist DIR is a small price to pay in my opinion LOL :D
I dont think you would be excluded from the feminist DIR for that. After all, I disagree with the "male tax" and I still identify myself as a feminist.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Are you being serious?! So anyone can say anything about the Qur'an without fear of being confronted, what the hell is the point in that?

The point of the DIRs is to have discussions without fear of being confronted.

Confrontation of ideas is what the debate sections are for.

But moving back to feminism, I identify with feminism in general, but there are specific problems I have with some of the groups who claim to be feminists. I have every right to use my own interpretation of what feminism ought to embody in the feminist DIR, am I wrong?

Yes. Do that in debate sections.

After all, you did say that people can air their own interpretations of the Qur'an in the Islam DIR.

Show me.

Since I'm an aspie you can trust that whatever I say means nothing other than the words, and anything I say is exactly what they mean without any hidden, implicit meanings.