• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meg Whitman compares Trump to Hitler

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Trump is leading a right wing authoritarian movement. Hitler and Mussolini led right wing authoritarian movements. The similarity is evident, the difference is a matter of degree.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I know. With all that money you think he'd make himself look GREAT AGAIN. LOL. But, the comparrisons to Hilter are... absurd. I get that people don't like Trump, heck I'm not crazy about him either, but these comparrisons sound more like desperation than anything real.
Really? I thought the parallels were obvious.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Really? I thought the parallels were obvious.
I hardly think that "The Art of the Deal" is similar to "Mein Kampf".

Hell, I may as well say it...

I'm not a fan of Donald Trump. Please understand that.
However, I am beginning to think that he is just what is needed to shake up the world and the world of politics. Oddly, I can see him getting along just fine with the leaders of China and Russia. It might be interesting to have someone take out the double-talk from "diplomacy" and tell things like they are. Hillary sure aint gonna do it. Bernie might though. I think we can rely on Trump saying whatever is passing though his brain at any given moment....

In some ways, Bernie and Trump represent the same dissatisfaction with the status quo... albeit from different vantage points.

Last edited:

Shaul

Premium Member
Donald Trump is no Hitler. Nobody is like Hitler. Hitler attempted genocide and murdered one third of all Jews. He murdered and was responsible for tens of millions of other deaths.

Comparisons to Hitler are unwarranted and show desperation on the part of those making such allegations. They are hurtful and insulting to the memories of Hitlers victims. They mock the survivors of Hitler's infamous crimes.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Donald Trump is no Hitler. Nobody is like Hitler. Hitler attempted genocide and murdered one third of all Jews. He murdered and was responsible for tens of millions of other deaths.

Comparisons to Hitler are unwarranted and show desperation on the part of those making such allegations. They are hurtful and insulting to the memories of Hitlers victims. They mock the survivors of Hitler's infamous crimes.

Just comparisons are necessary to learn from the past. One way to get another Hitler is to forbid comparisons.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The parallels are obvious!
- They're both books.
- They're both in the writer's native language.
- Both are short on pictures.
- Both use words to say things.

But Trump isn't alone.
hitlarymeme.jpg

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
There isn't a perfect match to the timeline. In some respects, we're pre-1921 (when Hitler was elected leader of the Nazi party) and in other respects we're in 1932 (when Hitler ran for the German Presidency).

When I say that I see parallels, what I mean is that when I think about everything that Hitler did after 1933 and look to see how it was foreshadowed in how Hitler presented himself before he took power, I see characteristics that are very similar to how Trump is presenting himself today.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

I agree with you on that, but what I will say is that the NAZI tactics of stereotyping, labeling, and then demeaning various groups as being "not true Germans" is all too similar to what Trump has been doing here using a similar process, and Fox and other right-wing sources have helped to created this mess. It was entertaining to the masses, as it is here now, but we well know what happened next in Germany.

By chance, have you ever read copies of Der Sturmer?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The parallels are obvious!
- They're both books.
- They're both in the writers's native language.
- Both are short on pictures.
- Both use words to say things.

But Trump isn't alone.
hitlarymeme.jpg
And both of those quotes aren't far off that famous JFK quote ("My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country").

I'm more interested in:
- advocating xenophobia against specific racial and cultural groups (in Hitler's case, Jews and Gypsies; In Trump's case, Muslims and Mexicans).
- calling for the segregation and expulsion of "undesirables" (in Trump's case, by banning immigration by Muslims and by building a big border wall).
- violence by supporters against opponents.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And both of those quotes aren't far off that famous JFK quote ("My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country").
Aye, that one always struck me as quite Big Brotherish.
It should be followed up with....."Resistance is futile!".
I'm more interested in:
- advocating xenophobia against specific racial and cultural groups (in Hitler's case, Jews and Gypsies; In Trump's case, Muslims and Mexicans).
Religious, national & cultural, but not "racial".
- calling for the segregation and expulsion of "undesirables" (in Trump's case, by banning immigration by Muslims and by building a big border wall).
Source for his advocating segregation?
- violence by supporters against opponents.
This is an overblown claim.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member