• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meg Whitman compares Trump to Hitler

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Source for his advocating segregation?

Donald Trump is now calling for an end to all Muslim immigration into the United States.

In a written statement late Monday afternoon, the Trump campaign said the Republican frontrunner wanted a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.” As backing, Trump cited a controversial six-month-old survey from the right-wing Center for Security Policy finding that one-quarter of U.S. Muslim respondents believed that violence against Americans was justified as part of global jihad and that a slim majority “agreed that Muslims in America should have the choice of being governed according to Shariah.”

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-trumps-call-to-ban-muslim-immigrants/419298/

idav

Being
Premium Member
I know how he won with double speak. He goes ahead and says something to get the kkk endorsement just to turn around and say "I love mexicans" to make sure and clinch the state of New Mexico. Do people not see these blatant contradictions? He said he wants a wall for heavens sakes.... IDK I just can't:eek:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I know how he won with double speak. He goes ahead and says something to get the kkk endorsement just to turn around and say "I love mexicans" to make sure and clinch the state of New Mexico. Do people not see these blatant contradictions? He said he wants a wall for heavens sakes.... IDK I just can't:eek:
We (most of us) see problems with both candidates.
Citing problems with the one doesn't eliminate them with the other.
We will each way the merits & demerits of candidates differently.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Only select portions when quoted in other works.
Then I think you have an idea what the general format was.

I was sponsored by the Holocaust Memorial Center on a three-week study in Poland and Israel, and after I got back, I delved into the propaganda techniques that the NAZI's used that were so effective, especially concentrating on Der Sturmer. Therefore, you can hopefully see my concern with what Trump's been saying.

idav

Being
Premium Member
We (most of us) see problems with both candidates.
Citing problems with the one doesn't eliminate them with the other.
We will each way the merits & demerits of candidates differently.
No doubt any candidate has the ability to be caught on things they say.

Trump of course says his words are being misconstrued. He wants mexico to pay for a wall, that isn't misconstruing anything. These are his own words making people think bigotry and racism.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No doubt any candidate has the ability to be caught on things they say.

Trump of course says his words are being misconstrued. He wants mexico to pay for a wall, that isn't misconstruing anything. These are his own words making people think bigotry and racism.
Some of the things he says have been mischievously rephrased.
But looking at what he & Hillary each actually say, I'm not convinced she's better.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Some of the things he says have been mischievously rephrased.
But looking at what he & Hillary each actually say, I'm not convinced she's better.
Well if you have any hitleresque comments from her I'd love to hear them, her name being a resemblance isn't quite enough.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well if you have any hitleresque comments from her I'd love to hear them, her name being a resemblance isn't quite enough.
I don't think anyone running (whom I've heard of) is comparable to Hitler.

The name "Hillary" resembles "Hitler"?
There's the alliteration, but nothing else.

idav

Being
Premium Member

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I would think so to if one of the candidates didn't want to build a wall.
I gotta go with the mexican president on this one and he adds Mussolini.
What do you think of the quote "thats the way Mussolini arrived and thats how Hitler arrived" its kinda vague actually.
http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...onald-trump-sounds-like-hitler-and-mussolini/
I think people are leaping to the most outrageous things they can think of saying.
They're all whipping each other up in a frenzy.
(And not the good kind of S&M whipping.)
Tis nothing new.
Hitler regularly rises from the dead during campaigns.

idav

Being
Premium Member
I think people are leaping to the most outrageous things they can think of saying.
Tis nothing new.
Yeah, I'm not one that normally likes when people pull the hitler card but if the shoe fits oh well. How is trump going to handle relations with a mexican president, its ridiculous.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
What you quoted doesn't say segregation, although it is discrimination on the basis of religion regarding immigration.
He should be criticized, but accurately.
I meant literal segregation, as in keeping separate, e.g. "we'll stay over here in our country; you Muslims stay over there in your countries." The term doesn't necessarily mean two sets of water fountains or the like.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Tis nothing new.
Someone who acts like 1932 Hitler, promoting hate and intolerance to supportive crowds, won't necessarily end up being like 1944 Hitler, coordinating genocide... but this doesn't mean the comparison isn't valid.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yeah, I'm not one that normally likes when people pull the hitler card but if the shoe fits oh well. How is trump going to handle relations with a mexican president, its ridiculous.
Trump is a negotiator.
I expect he'll do what it takes to do what's needed.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I meant literal segregation, as in keeping separate, e.g. "we'll stay over here in our country; you Muslims stay over there in your countries." The term doesn't necessarily mean two sets of water fountains or the like.
That sure isn't what comes to mind when using the term here in Americastan.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Someone who acts like 1932 Hitler, promoting hate and intolerance to supportive crowds, won't necessarily end up being like 1944 Hitler, coordinating genocide... but this doesn't mean the comparison isn't valid.
The comparison is crapola.
(Pardon me French.)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
That sure isn't what comes to mind when using the term here in Americastan.
If you'd prefer a different term that captures the "we stay over here; they stay over there" aspect of what Trump is calling for without creating an impression of the "we all stay here, but they can't use our stuff" approach of American segregation in the 18th and 19th Century, then maybe you'd prefer it if I described Trump's ideas as a sort of "Madagascar Plan" instead of as a type of segregation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madagascar_Plan

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If you'd prefer a different term that captures the "we stay over here; they stay over there" aspect of what Trump is calling for without creating an impression of the "we all stay here, but they can't use our stuff" approach of American segregation in the 18th and 19th Century, then maybe you'd prefer it if I described Trump's ideas as a sort of "Madagascar Plan" instead of as a type of segregation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madagascar_Plan
"Exclusionist" works for me.
It doesn't conjure up images of separate schools, drinking fountains, & housing.