• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maybe the world shortest Proof of God

Do you like it, the thread?

• Total voters

Kelly of the Phoenix

Do I have to watch the videos? The OP seems to be, even allowing for language barriers, filled with absurd circular logic and basically no substance.

questfortruth

You realize that you are just giving us various forms of circular claims that there must be a God, just because, right?
The circular proof has following common structure: if statement A is true, then follows the statement B, if B is true, then follows the A. Please formulate the statement A in mine proofs. Then formulate the statement B. Otherwise the circularity is not obvious.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The circular proof has following common structure: if statement A is true, then follows the statement B, if B is true, then follows the A. Please formulate the statement A in mine proofs. Then formulate the statement B. Otherwise the circularity is not obvious.
Uh. It is not only obvious, but also blatant.

You take for granted that a certain conception of God exists, then work from there to show why the world would work in a certain way in that case.

Come to think of it, it is not even a circular argument. It is just a claim that disproves itself.

Kelly of the Phoenix

I am sorry to read this. Please watch the videos, they are informative: I -the Professional Physicist- like them.
I don't usually like watching videos that waste my time. I have other vids to watch, like baby goats. :)

I usually go to TED talks or something for my educational needs. Thanks anyway, though.

questfortruth

Uh. It is not only obvious, but also blatant.

You take for granted that a certain conception of God exists, then work from there to show why the world would work in a certain way in that case.

Come to think of it, it is not even a circular argument. It is just a claim that disproves itself.
I looked and I see no A, and no B here.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I looked and I see no A, and no B here.
On second thought, it is not a circular argument. It is the first half of one.

It begins by presuposing a god not unlike that of Abraham and then decrees that there are certain (undemonstrable at best) consequences of that god's presumed existence.

There is never an attempt to demonstrate or evidence the existence of such a god.