• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Master Path - Gary Olsen

Chloe7

Greetings Ahau and thanks for your share. I also was becoming involved with Syda Yoga after reading Muktanandas book "Play Of Consciousness" which I totally adored. For a couple of years I did their correspondence study programme, loved it, and was considering going to the ashram but then I became informed of Muktanandas sexual misconduct with the pubescent daughters of his chelas. At first there was disbelieve but this turned to bitter disappointment after hearing a man who was present at the time when Muktanandas was alive and all this was going on, confirm it. Looks like in his final years the guru was more in service to his gonads than to the Self.

You were right ,warning of feeling resentment due to lost years when you could have been meditating. I too was a meditator but felt I had to give it up for the MP excercises. I recently have gone back to meditating with great relief and better results than ever. I have discovered that applying a "self chosen" practise with commitment quickly opens the door for further inspiration and instructions directly from spirit. No middle man needed.

In fact there were other things i gave up or forced myself to believe because that's what I believed I had to do in order to benefit from MP. So I felt controlled and resentful and in constant denial of self. No wonder I had a melt down. One such thing was that MP insists that dead masters and ascended masters are totally useless to help us and that only a living master can help us. This believe is very dis empowering and not true. These masters are in their infinite state and so not separate from us, part of our spiritual family, only a thought away.

With all that said I Still don't know if we can reach Self realization without a true living master. MP and the sant mat groups say no. Other groups say yes. I have also read swami Behari Lal "The Way Out Is In" and he also says we need one. I'm sure a true sat guru is worth his weight in gold but like you said they are most scarce in America. I personally find all this confusing. It may be a great topic to start another thread on this forum as I know lots of people are also wondering about this also.

Ahau

Premium Member
Chloe, I'm looking into Lamblion.org Judith is in AZ and has contact info online She has an initiate portal, see through her photo gallery. Judith is listed by David C Lane on the genealogical tree of a successor ship page in his book 'Radhasoami: A Critical History of Guru Succession'.She is listed under Kirpal Singh who is directly below Sawan Singh. She is in line with Ruhani master Darshan Singh and also sat at the feet of Kirpal Singh in the 1970's.

I want to verify whether I have received the NAAM, either through MP or SYDA, because it is taught that receiving the sound current is essential for mastery, plus I just really enjoy the teachings Judith calls herself a master so I will let you know how it goes.

Chloe7

Ahau, I only recently became aware of your last post. Sometimes I get an new post alert email to this thread but other times I don't.
Thanks for the reference to Judith. I am going to look her up as well , but do keep me updated on what you discover.

Recently I have come across someone called Franco Pier Marcenaro who is widely acclaimed for being a genuine param sant satguru. His master Kirpal asked him to bridge the eastern sant mat teachings with teachings of Jesus. When he was seven he had a visitation from Sawan Singh explaining his mission in life. Currently he is much esteemed world wide as a master of the highest order. He gets amazing results with light and sound experiences during imparting what he calls the Universal Meditation technique (surat shabda yoga) and there are many testimonials on his site of people seeing radiant form and hearing the sounds of the spiritual planes.

What I find really refreshing about him is his level of integrity , simplicity and purity, no control or manipulation or narcissistic display. He also doesn't charge any money and totally sustains himself by his work pension. He states that any master who charges is not a genuine master. His base is a monastery in Italy but travels the world imparting the teachings. He is at Schoolofspirituality.org. Lots of videos and can buy his books very inexpensive, not plagiarized as far I can tell.

As long as I am still at the stage where I'm not sure if I need a living master or not it wont hurt to find one as "perfect as possible"

Ahau

Premium Member
Chloe, yay! Very exciting news. Nice to find workable options, thank you very much...will keep you posted!

Ahau

Premium Member
Church of the Churchless online; poster tAo confirms Gary Olsen is an occultist. Stating he knew him long ago when he was into dark majick and occultism, also confirms plagiarizing Sant Mat and Eckankar for ($$$). Ha.. I knew it!! This means he should not be trusted, especially with your soul! This is worse than black majic because in selling your soul to the devil you generally barter for something in return like money, in this case you are also paying the devil to take your soul., and HU seals the deal. Time to reclaim your soul peeps!

Journeyonward

Church of the Churchless online; poster tAo confirms Gary Olsen is an occultist. Stating he knew him long ago when he was into dark majick and occultism, also confirms plagiarizing Sant Mat and Eckankar for ($$$). Ha.. I knew it!! This means he should not be trusted, especially with your soul! This is worse than black majic because in selling your soul to the devil you generally barter for something in return like money, in this case you are also paying the devil to take your soul., and HU seals the deal. Time to reclaim your soul peeps!

Chloe7

Hi Ahau and thanx for your post. I also have wondered about the spiritual or psychic influences behind master path. I know Gary came out of eeckankar and was initiated by Darwin gross who was not a master but only a 5th initiate. The guy after Darwin was Harold Klemp who also is a 5th and has a terrible reputation for being a black magician and attacking many people in the dream state. This is not only from one source but from several reputatable sources. So Gary was not even initiated by a master, let alone a perfect living master. At least this is how it appears to me. I heard Gary say that he was asked to start master path by the "spiritual hierarchy". Who is this spiritual heirarchy? Are they genuine masters or astral beings having fun? Is Gary deliberately deceiving people or doing so because he himself is deceived by spirits. In a Radhasoami forum I read, eckankar and all offshoots from eckankar are nicknamed "astral flypaper"...funny! As for me I am now thinking that awakening happens not because of the guru but in spite of him. It is all a matter of the chelas devotion and faith. I read a couple of David lane books on baba faqir chand who was the only guru who was honest enough to openly declare this. That all " manifestations visions that are seen are the chelas own mental creations."
I am grateful we have this forum to air out our doubts and frustrations. It certainly has helped me

Chloe7

Hi Journeyonward. First I apologize for post #608, the one just above your last post. I was experimenting with editing and accidently posted it. It has no relevance to your post. Sorry for any confusion.

I love Ishwar Puri as well and have watched many of his videos. I like the lighthearted way he explains Light/Sound principles and have learned much from him. He is sweet and humble. He never toots his own horn and says he is just the parrot of his own master Sawan Singh. He believes that a true master will never announce that he is. Its exciting to hear that you are experiencing Divine Love from him and tells me you are off in the right direction. One cant go wrong if experiencing , not the heart chakra love so much, but the Divine Love that comes from the center of our being. I would love to hear more of your experiences with this saint.

Blessings to you as well

Ahau

Premium Member
One does not need a guru when...
1. Inner guidance has become infallible.
2. Intuition is developed bringing peace of mind.
3. Divine attunement and guidance occurs within.
4. Deep spiritual seeking yields hidden inner truth.
5. Love of GOD is the common denominator.
6. One is free from sorrow and delusion.
7. Ever-new Bliss of Spirit is attained.
Namaste'

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
2. Intuition is developed bringing peace of mind.
3. Divine attunement and guidance occurs within.
4. Deep spiritual seeking yields hidden inner truth.
5. Love of GOD is the common denominator.
6. One is free from sorrow and delusion.
7. Ever-new Bliss of Spirit is attained.
Namaste'

If you think you have attained #1 then you have clearly not escaped #6

So, you're saying that a guru is pretty well a must then? :rolleyes:

Ahau

Premium Member
If you think you have attained #1 then you have clearly not escaped #6

So, you're saying that a guru is pretty well a must then? :rolleyes:
Guru's are great, but once your inner guidance kicks in sorrow and delusions of the mind can be identified, then living in bliss is easy. Thanks for your comment.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Guru's are great, but once your inner guidance kicks in sorrow and delusions of the mind can be identified, then living in bliss is easy. Thanks for your comment.
A genuine external Guru only teaches the aspirant that the real Guru is within. When the inner Guru is realized, there is no need for an external Guru. When the inner Guru is one with its manifested body, the aspirant ceases to exist, but in the mean time, as you say, divine attunement and guidance mainly occurs within.

Vaderecta

Just stop. I am a human and you are a human. We both have inner guidance. If my inner guidance differs from yours and we both think our inner guidance infallible then what?

You were right about not needing a guru but wrong about the value of our opinions. Which is all you have. If you want it to mean something get off your *** and make it mean something. Disgraceful.

Riders

Just practicing Zen here. I don't have transportation or the money to get a guru.I did use to go to a Zen center in dallas tx a long time ago they had Gurus for a less expensive donation.

Vaderecta

Just practicing Zen here. I don't have transportation or the money to get a guru.I did use to go to a Zen center in dallas tx a long time ago they had Gurus for a less expensive donation.

No one needs a guru. My point was more along the lines of how silly it seems to say I believe X and I know what is best therefore you dont need anyone else. I think you do need society to have a view accepted by society. Personally you can believe whatever you want. We all have our own beliefs, but if we want to apply them in the broader societal sense then we should get that broader group to agree.

I also am not going to pay for a guru.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Ah, I love this Chan/Zen piece from Huang Po's "Transmission of the One Mind", ..... "The true teaching is that there is no true teaching. Nevertheless, this teaching that there is no true teaching is the true teaching!"

Riders

No one needs a guru. My point was more along the lines of how silly it seems to say I believe X and I know what is best therefore you dont need anyone else. I think you do need society to have a view accepted by society. Personally you can believe whatever you want. We all have our own beliefs, but if we want to apply them in the broader societal sense then we should get that broader group to agree.

I also am not going to pay for a guru.

Society around me in Mesquite Tx is conservative Christian and in no way am I going to try and get their viewpoint or acceptance. I do love my Christian sisters. We've agreed not to talk about religion.

Thanks.

Riders

Ah, I love this Chan/Zen piece from Huang Po's "Transmission of the One Mind", ..... "The true teaching is that there is no true teaching. Nevertheless, this teaching that there is no true teaching is the true teaching!"

I really like that too its cool.