• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Master Path - Gary Olsen

Bimmer

Has anyone here heard of Master Path, headed up by Gary Olsen?

I am seeking info and thoughts on this subject.

Thank you all in advance for helping out.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Hi Bimmer, welcome to RF.

Responded to your post on the Dharmic Religions forum but it apparently has been removed as you were correct in the first instance, this is the proper forum for it.

Personally had not heard of the Master Path teaching and Gary Olsen so did a quick search. It certainly comes across as new age and 'cultish'.
MasterPath: Light and Sound is the Cutting Edge of Spirituality

It is interesting to see how these things spread, Paul Twitchell came out of Scientology to found Eckankar and now apparentlly Gary Olsen has come from Eckankar to found Master Path. MasterPath: Leader calls it a path to God

Last edited:

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend ben,

Each one has a different *WAY* to explain the unexplainable.
This seems to be another - MasterPath: Light and Sound is the Cutting Edge of Spirituality.
Best Wishes to Gary Olsen.

Love & rgds

Bimmer

Friend ben,

Each one has a different *WAY* to explain the unexplainable.
This seems to be another - MasterPath: Light and Sound is the Cutting Edge of Spirituality.
Best Wishes to Gary Olsen.

Love & rgds

Well, I have been finding some very disturbing things about Master Path. It seems they charge for everything except an introductory lecture and a pamphlet. That does not seem right to me.

There is also info that past followers have had to be deprogrammed and this is just another cult.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Hi Bimmer, the material on which the teaching is based appears to mainly come from the Dharma traditions which is freely available. If this group are extracting considerable money for it then yes, it is not about religion but a business and it would be wise to reconsider your options.

The goal of Self-realization requires a life devoted to the practice, be it yoga, meditation, etc.. Ultimately, IMO, the only person worthy of being called a guru is one that advises that the real guru is found within you (and doesn't charge you for the sharing). :D

Troublemane

Hi Bimmer, welcome to RF.

Responded to your post on the Dharmic Religions forum but it apparently has been removed as you were correct in the first instance, this is the proper forum for it.

Personally had not heard of the Master Path teaching and Gary Olsen so did a quick search. It certainly comes across as new age and 'cultish'.
MasterPath: Light and Sound is the Cutting Edge of Spirituality

It is interesting to see how these things spread, Paul Twitchell came out of Scientology to found Eckankar and now apparentlly Gary Olsen has come from Eckankar to found Master Path. MasterPath: Leader calls it a path to God

I just clicked on that link, and had a good laugh. Guy claims he is the 'current living master' of, what is essentially, a system of yoga he stole from an old book. And here I thought with this internet thing, people would be liberated from self-proclaimed gurus, who go around asking for money to dispense information anyone can get, for free. But I suppose some people just like to give their money away.:D

this 'method' has been around a long time, u dont need some 'sri' in front of your name to comprehend it. Its basically just a fancy name for mantrayoga.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MasterPath

Last edited:

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend troublemane,

I just clicked on that link, and had a good laugh. Guy claims he is the 'current living master' of, what is essentially, a system of yoga he stole from an old book. And here I thought with this internet thing, people would be liberated from self-proclaimed gurus, who go around asking for money to dispense information anyone can get, for free. But I suppose some people just like to give their money away.

this 'method' has been around a long time, u dont need some 'sri' in front of your name to comprehend it. Its basically just a fancy name for mantrayoga.

Firstly agree with you about Gary Olsen that he is not suited for everyone. Anyway there are plenty who markets their talents in different ways, its each to his own karma, and each person is there because he is meant to be there by existence and some finds guidance to that indirectly through people like him. Remember that Gautama himself was under the influence of such people for many years before he found that peace eluding him still and finally discovered the truth which dawned on him. That beautiful awakening required the background of such entities for it to flower.
Also, there is nothing NEW invented by anyone. Its all a self discovery and the same would have been discovered by many before who might not have a label [name] but they were all there and rest are all extensions or evolution of those methods. Buddhism and Jainism have evolved from Sanatan Dharma [which again never limits itself and is open to buddhism, jainism, sikhism etc] and then Zen evolved from buddhism and Taoism. The journey continues and is always in the middle without beginning or end.
Love & rgds

All known religions or paths or ways are nothing that is originally invented by anyone.

Fandango

Don't fall for this scam...Gary Olsen is a liar and a plagiarist. MasterPath is simply his little money making venture. He's a self-proclaimed 'living Master' with zero credibility and lifts his rambling material from Eckankar and the time he spent there back in the day, before starting his MasterPath spinoff.

The only 'enlightenment' will be out of your pocketbook...I wonder, did Buddha charge a monthly fee? Does the Dalai Lama?

Check out the CityData Religion/Philosopy forum...there is some juicy content there about Olsen from ex-members, and a lot of rambling non-sensical stuff from blind devotees.

Enjoy, and best wishes.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend YmirGF,

Frankly, I wouldn't touch the so-called "Masterpath" with a wet barge pole.

Kindly explain, why not? and as to why others should be of the same view?

Love & rgds

Fandango

ZenZero, pay particular attention to the posts by 'remembering you' and 'end of faith' on that CD thread. It's quite telling, and confirms to me that Olsen is a charlatan. Perhaps some of the content he bases his 'teachings' on has merit in the greater realm of Light and Sound concepts, but he throws in a lot of B.S. and is known to smoke dope, sell pictures of himself, and remains generally elusive and unavailable. And if one chooses to leave his path (or in his words, 'stray'), he becomes angry, oppressive, and does a lot of doomsaying.

There's also the little issue of being a tax cheat that is brought up...

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Fandango,
Welcome to RF!

Thank you for your response.
Personally have no intersets in any so called masters as it is clearly understood that when the time comes the master's guidance will come on its own accord. No effort is required.

The inquiry to friend YmirGF is just a maya / illusion / play between two friends and not to be taken seriously by others. We both understand each other.

Best Wishes.
Love & rgds

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Friend YmirGF,

Kindly explain, why not? and as to why others should be of the same view?

Love & rgds
It is more a "look and feel" reaction, Zenzero. It just rubs me the wrong way, I suppose. Given that I am a fairly shrewd judge of character, I tend to go with my feelings on issues. So, in all honestly, it is little more than a feeling. The Masterpath just doesn't feel right, to me and I can't be bothered to read much more about to it explain why. It just is.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Ymir,
Thanks for the response.
The query was put for the benefit of all the readers as personal response was just posted before yours.
Love & rgds

Bimmer

I have been to the CD thread too, and done some other digging.

MasterPath seems to only have defenders that are still in the fold.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Bimmer,

MasterPath seems to only have defenders that are still in the fold.

It has to be that way as the human mind is always YES or NO. Only the individuals centered will be either SURE or MAYBE, never NO simply because LIFE IS and so YES to life.

Time to be on with it i.e. LIFE , now.

Love & rgds