• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Masculinity

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
To be honest, I have some problems wrapping my head around what masculinity is. When people mention getting in touch with their femininity, I often picture them focusing on health, beauty, and being refined. But some people mention masculinity like it's a positive thing that takes work. But that doesn't really compute well in my mind, as I see masculinity as not overgrooming to the point you look feminine, and having such a closed mind you really can't open your mind to the possibility that you may have some feminine features and qualities. I don't know.

I swoon for stereotypical masculinity, even though I recognize its cultural arbitrariness in certain ways. It usually involves strength/muscularity/athleticism and confidence/assertiveness. I also think it's hot when men know how to fix things or have a mechanically-oriented mind.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
To be honest, I have some problems wrapping my head around what masculinity is. When people mention getting in touch with their femininity, I often picture them focusing on health, beauty, and being refined. But some people mention masculinity like it's a positive thing that takes work. But that doesn't really compute well in my mind, as I see masculinity as not overgrooming to the point you look feminine, and having such a closed mind you really can't open your mind to the possibility that you may have some feminine features and qualities. I don't know.
I can help here.
Masculine traits....
- Make jokes at each other's expense, & endure it with a smile.
- Hand tools....have lots'o hand tools.
- You have one kind of soap & one kind of shampoo.
- Drink from the glass...don't suck through a straw.
- Never ask questions which demand a particular answer, eg,
"Do these overall make me look fat?"
- Never use rising inflection (aka upspeak) unless asking a question.
- If you're ever near an explosion, you walk way without looking at it.

Some informational videos.....

A how to be manly video....

Last edited:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I like men in heels. Not stilettos, normal heels. Feminine men. Painted nails. Ends every 5th sentence with 'Gosh!'. You know the kind. You do.

Traditional masculinity is alright, but can turn a lot of men into unattractive kinds.

Last edited:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
F0bKO4.gif

(He was actually accidentally set afire when this happened and still calmly walked away for the take)

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Never use rising inflection (aka upspeak) unless asking a question.

I nodded along with all of your points apart from this one...
Some dirty furriners...err...fine upstanding people from parts of the world apart from my own...have been known to suggest Australians do this all the time.
Despite this, we would generally rate fairly high in masculinity (both in a positive and in a negative sense).

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I nodded along with all of your points apart from this one...
Some dirty furriners...err...fine upstanding people from parts of the world apart from my own...have been known to suggest Australians do this all the time.
Despite this, we would generally rate fairly high in masculinity (both in a positive and in a negative sense).
If you do indeed upspeak, then you sound girly.
Also, it's weak because a statement which uses the
questioning inflection sounds like one needs affirmation.
A real man just says things. No approval needed.