• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lower Back Tatoos on Females

BFD_Zayl

FeathersinHair said:
I had a guy friend who used to wear them on special occasions, but haven't seen others wearing them much.
i would imagine they are uncomfortable....but seeing as how a girls eyes are my faveorite part of the body i cant help but notice them

1nharmony

A Coco-Nut
Since the bearer of the tatoo does not normally have the pleaure of viewing it, then the purpose of having would be for the viewing pleasure of others. (Kind of like putting Christmas lights on your house when you mostly just sit inside watching TV.) This logic applies to both men and women. Women choose the lower back for the obvious reason that, generally speaking, they aren't allowed to run around shirtless in public, and so, choose an area that is both easily and fashionable exposed.

:pen:

Ðanisty

1nharmony said:
Since the bearer of the tatoo does not normally have the pleaure of viewing it, then the purpose of having would be for the viewing pleasure of others. (Kind of like putting Christmas lights on your house when you mostly just sit inside watching TV.) This logic applies to both men and women. Women choose the lower back for the obvious reason that, generally speaking, they aren't allowed to run around shirtless in public, and so, choose an area that is both easily and fashionable exposed.

:pen:
That's one possible purpose. That's assuming that anyone needs to see the tattoo at all. One purpose for getting a tattoo could be the commitment and permanence of a certain expression of yourself.

This may not apply to the current thinking of the thread, but i had to say this.

I slept with a girl the other day that had a cross tattooed right there with hebrew that said something deep, i can't remember what, and i felt really really really dirty. I'm not a christian, but I respect Christ enough to feel disgusted I just had to tell her leave.

FatMan

I find it a great juxtiposition between sexy and trashy.

I don't know if that's a good thing, though:)

A

angellous_evangellous

ALifetimeToWaitFor.... said:
This may not apply to the current thinking of the thread, but i had to say this.

I slept with a girl the other day that had a cross tattooed right there with hebrew that said something deep, i can't remember what, and i felt really really really dirty. I'm not a christian, but I respect Christ enough to feel disgusted I just had to tell her leave.

How exactly are you respecting anyone by feeling disgusted and asking a woman to leave after doing something like this?

Pardus

Proud to be a Sinner.

Sounds like someone is stuck up in the religious guilt deal.

Callous

Sounds like an excuse.
You know when any old excuse will work type of thing.
If you felt dirty it was because it was your feelings were not being alined with the person to whom you were making love to.

You know the more I think about this the more disgusted I became. Then I realized that you are very young and your hormones are controlling your body and mind.
Assuming the girl was as old as you and not a lady of profession the damage that may have been done to her psyche is far more serious than the un-cleanliness you may have felt and yet you show no compassion towards her feelings at all.

nutshell

Was that before or after you ejaculated?

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
nutshell said:
I often wonder about girls/women who get tatoos on their lower backs. From an evolutionary standpoint where nature wants the species to continue, do these tatoos perhaps represent fertility and call a male's attention to the hips and a$$ of the woman, luring him to mate with her?

What do you think?

While I don't have anything "against" tattoos (wherever they be applied), I know that I've yet to see any tattoo that actually serves to enhance a woman's appearance (beyond her own natural self), or otherwise heighten my primal mating urges.

[I will add this....I've seen plenty of gal's tattoos that I deem unappealing (or just pointless and stupid), which only serve to lessen my opinion about both their appearance and better judgment/discretion. But then again, I'm kinda old, and my tastes in women are unlikely to change much...]

A

angellous_evangellous

s2a said:
While I don't have anything "against" tattoos (wherever they be applied), I know that I've yet to see any tattoo that actually serves to enhance a woman's appearance (beyond her own natural self), or otherwise heighten my primal mating urges.

[I will add this....I've seen plenty of gal's tattoos that I deem unappealing (or just pointless and stupid), which only serve to lessen my opinion about both their appearance and better judgment/discretion. But then again, I'm kinda old, and my tastes in women are unlikely to change much...]

That explains it perfectly.:yes:

nutshell

angellous_evangellous said:
That explains it perfectly.:yes:

Does that explain it perfectly because he may be beyond mating rules or because his generation's culture is different from that of the girls getting tattoos?

CDRaider

I am a female and I want a tatoo but I want one that is somewhere that I can see it and I don't care if anyone else sees it because it is just as much of an expression of myself as peircing my ears is or as dieting to be a certian body type or wearing heels to be taller. I am enchancing something about myself (in the case of the tattoo, my skin in that area) for the pleasure of myself and my self expression.

I think there are too many reasons that people get tattoos to be able to say it is either trashy/beautiful.

CDRaider

well I can't find a picture of the tatoo i want to get because I'm bad at searching for things online