• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Littering

Dezzie

How many of you HATE when people litter? Every time I see trash on the ground it makes me SO MAD! I always pick it up... I could never just step over it.

I actually SAW this one girl attempt to throw a garbage bag outside the passenger side window. It actually blew BACK into the car because of the wind... This chick actually reached in the back seat to grab it and threw it back out! ugh! :no:

emptybe

Om Mani Padme Hum
How many of you HATE when people litter? Every time I see trash on the ground it makes me SO MAD! I always pick it up... I could never just step over it.

I actually SAW this one girl attempt to throw a garbage bag outside the passenger side window. It actually blew BACK into the car because of the wind... This chick actually reached in the back seat to grab it and threw it back out! ugh! :no:

People flicking ciggarette butts **** me off.:facepalm:

Nerthus

Wanderlust
Urgh I hate it :(

I always keep my rubbish in my bag until I find a bin, I can't bring myself to litter.

And cigarette butts - yes! I went shopping the other day and all along the road must have been thousands of butts from the workers who go out side to smoke, it was disgusting. What is wrong with people?!

TJ73

My kids know how much I detest it, but I make exception for a well placed piece of organic garbage, like a banana peel or bread crust, may be under a bush. But my daughter called me out on it like I stole a car! I was just glad she recognizes littering is bad.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
If I got angry over every annoying thing that people do, I'd spend my whole life angry.

Relax, have another cigarette, and toss that bottle out the window.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My kids know how much I detest it, but I make exception for a well placed piece of organic garbage, like a banana peel or bread crust, may be under a bush. But my daughter called me out on it like I stole a car! I was just glad she recognizes littering is bad.
Good for you. I've dedicated my life to ensuring that every turnpike
median east of the Mississippi is fertilized with banana peels. It's
good for the planet.

ninerbuff

godless wonder
People that litter are usually slobs at home too. I pick up at the gym everyday and many can't seem to just put their weights away.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I live in a rural area, Ok, Ok... I live in a hinterland area and we don't get much litter here. People who live in more rustic settings just seem to "get it".

If I got angry over every annoying thing that people do, I'd spend my whole life angry.

Relax, have another cigarette, and toss that bottle out the window.
Pretty much my sentiments. What drives me a bit crazy is the eco-moonbats here that are trying to reduce the carbon footprint of people on our tiny island. Like, seriously. They want to do all kinds of ridiculous things to lower what is already an extremely low profile. Things that make you go, "Oy vey!"

ninerbuff

godless wonder
Pretty much my sentiments. What drives me a bit crazy is the eco-moonbats here that are trying to reduce the carbon footprint of people on our tiny island. Like, seriously. They want to do all kinds of ridiculous things to lower what is already an extremely low profile. Things that make you go, "Oy vey!"
Don't get me started on carbon footprints!!!
Leonardo DiCaprio is on a list of Hollywood environmentalist's that gourd me. He has a Prius, because he wants to reduce his carbon footprint. If he really cared he'd quit Hollywood altogether! You know how much energy and carbon is put out into the atmosphere for a production of a movie? Trucks moving in and out, electricity usage, catering then throwing out of food that isn't eaten, and if it's an action movie pyrotechnics and even just guns shooting. This jack *** doesn't care, it's just a feel good thing for him.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Don't get me started on carbon footprints!!!
Leonardo DiCaprio is on a list of Hollywood environmentalist's that gourd me. He has a Prius, because he wants to reduce his carbon footprint. If he really cared he'd quit Hollywood altogether! You know how much energy and carbon is put out into the atmosphere for a production of a movie? Trucks moving in and out, electricity usage, catering then throwing out of food that isn't eaten, and if it's an action movie pyrotechnics and even just guns shooting. This jack *** doesn't care, it's just a feel good thing for him.
Whether DiCaprio is hypocritical or not, I don't know. But he can't control
the movie industry, which ain't going away. One does what one can.

ninerbuff

godless wonder
Whether DiCaprio is hypocritical or not, I don't know. But he can't control
the movie industry, which ain't going away. One does what one can.
While he doesn't control the industry, if his point is about saving the planet, then why be involved with it? Of course the millions he makes on a movie will justify his Prius ownership.:rolleyes:

Dezzie

I definitely don't see anything wrong with food... I wouldn't exactly call it "litter" either. Well... unless it's a big, fat juicy cheeseburger from McDonalds. :p I wouldn't want those poor animals dying from the large amount of fat content contained in that amazingness!! :yes: Half the birds in the World would have clogged arteries if that was the case!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
While he doesn't control the industry, if his point is about saving the planet, then why be involved with it? Of course the millions he makes on a movie will justify his Prius ownership.:rolleyes:
One can care about doing the right thing, even if one's efforts aren't perfect in the eyes of every detractor.
Besides, the Prius is a pretty nice car...just not the most economical when price is considered.
Certainly there are hypocrites regarding environmental correctness, but you just haven't made a case with this guy.

Dang, you're even more judgmental than I am! (And I'm pretty bad.)

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I see tons of cigarette butts no matter where I go. I don't understand why people don't throw them away after putting them out. What it really sad is when there is a huge pile of trash not 10 feet from a garbage can. I put my trash in my purse until I can throw it away.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I see tons of cigarette butts no matter where I go. I don't understand why people don't throw them away after putting them out. What it really sad is when there is a huge pile of trash not 10 feet from a garbage can. I put my trash in my purse until I can throw it away.
I'm responsible. I'd put trash in your purse too.