• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let There Be Light and There Was Light

Ben Masada

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Rev 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
Rev 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
Rev 21:11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
Rev 21:12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
Rev 21:13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
Rev 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
Rev 21:15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.
Rev 21:16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
Rev 21:17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
Rev 21:18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
Rev 21:19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;
Rev 21:20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.
Rev 21:21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Rev 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

PEACE -I'M OUT!

That's practically another lost post.

Ben Masada

continued....
Luk 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
Luk 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

Rev 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Dan 11:44 But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.
Dan 11:45 And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Dan 8:23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.
Dan 8:24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.
Dan 8:25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

Isa 10:23 For the Lord GOD of hosts shall make a consumption, even determined, in the midst of all the land.
Isa 10:24 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD of hosts, O my people that dwellest in Zion, be not afraid of the Assyrian: he shall smite thee with a rod, and shall lift up his staff against thee, after the manner of Egypt.
Isa 10:25 For yet a very little while, and the indignation shall cease, and mine anger in their destruction.

Isa 14:24 The LORD of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand:
Isa 14:25 That I will break the Assyrian in my land, and upon my mountains tread him under foot: then shall his yoke depart from off them, and his burden depart from off their shoulders.
Isa 14:26 This is the purpose that is purposed upon the whole earth: and this is the hand that is stretched out upon all the nations.

Rev 16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
Rev 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
Rev 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
Rev 17:13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

I don't think you are allowed to do that. We also have the Bible. We can read it directly from the Bible.

Ben Masada

If the end of the seventy years brought in everlasting righteousness and forgiveness of sins, why for the next 500 years or more did the high priest still offer the sacrifice of blood on yum kippur for the sins of the nation and watch to see if the scarlet cord turned red to see if God accepted the sacrifice and forgave the sins of the nation.
Why did God stop accepting the yum kippur sacrifice starting with the very year Jesus was crucified?
If Israel had obtained everlasting forgiveness and righteousness why would God allow Israels enemies to conqueror the nation, murder the people and defile and destoy the temple and finally let the whole nation be sent into exile.
And why would God speak thru Malachi several hundred years after the return
"ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even the whole nation." Doesnt sound like everlasting forgiveness and righteousness

Allright, you are totally all wrong. Where did you get the idea that Malachi was written hundred of years after the return of the Jews fom exile? Malachi wrote his book sometime in the quarter century following 450 BCE, since it mirrors conditions existing at the time of Nehemiah's second arrival in Jerusalem in 432 BCE.

Then, God's blessings are conditional to the Jewish mission to reveal God's glory in the sight of the nations, according to Ezekiel 20:41. When we monopolize the Word of God which was given to Israel only and to no other people on earth, according to Psalm 147:19,20, exiles are provided so that we take the knowledge of God to the Gentiles abroad.

Last edited:

allright

Please answer the questions

if the end of the seventy years brought in everlasting righteousness and forgiveness of sins, why for the next 500 years or more did the high priest still offer the sacrifice of blood on yum kippur for the sins of the nation and watch to see if the scarlet cord turned red to see if God accepted the sacrifice and forgave the sins of the nation.

]

Last edited:

Ben Masada

Please answer the questions

if the end of the seventy years brought in everlasting righteousness and forgiveness of sins, why for the next 500 years or more did the high priest still offer the sacrifice of blood on yum kippur for the sins of the nation and watch to see if the scarlet cord turned red to see if God accepted the sacrifice and forgave the sins of the nation.

]

That tradition or Jewish midrash to check if the scarlet cord had turned red or not as indication that God had accepted the sacrifice offered in the Temple, had been over since the time of the return of the Jews from Babylon.

All the sacrifices offered in the Temple since its very origin had been done with the aim to symbolize the death of Messiah ben Joseph to redeem Messiah ben David who had been doomed to be removed from existence for having rejected "the Waters of Shiloah" or God's protection, according to God's Covenant. (Isa. 8:6)

However, God had promised in a specil Covenant with David that He would allow his Tribe, the Tribe of Judah to remain as a Lamp in Jerusalem forever. (I kings 11:36)Therefore, the doom or Divine judgment which was to come upon Judah alighted upon Israel, the Ten Tribes or Messiah ben Joseph, who got the death sentence instead of Judah. (Isa. 9:8)

That's why Isaiah in 53:8.9 says that Israel was cut off out of the land of the living for the transgression of my people. Who was Isaiah's people? Judah. That's what the daily sacrifices would point to. To the supreme sacrifice of Messiah ben Joseph for Messiah ben David.

I won't wonder if with the rebuilding of the Temple, the sacrifices will return because the bulk of our people does not understand that with the removal of MBJ from existence that ceremonial process is over.

Now, we have only one Messiah, MBD, the Triumphant Servant who must live forever as a People before the Lord, and he must remain alive for the sake of the rest of Mankind, so that the glory of God be revealed, according to Ezekiel 20:41.

allright

That tradition or Jewish midrash to check if the scarlet cord had turned red or not as indication that God had accepted the sacrifice offered in the Temple, had been over since the time of the return of the Jews from Babylon.

All the sacrifices offered in the Temple since its very origin had been done with the aim to symbolize the death of Messiah ben Joseph to redeem Messiah ben David who had been doomed to be removed from existence for having rejected "the Waters of Shiloah" or God's protection, according to God's Covenant. (Isa. 8:6)

However, God had promised in a specil Covenant with David that He would allow his Tribe, the Tribe of Judah to remain as a Lamp in Jerusalem forever. (I kings 11:36)Therefore, the doom or Divine judgment which was to come upon Judah alighted upon Israel, the Ten Tribes or Messiah ben Joseph, who got the death sentence instead of Judah. (Isa. 9:8)

That's why Isaiah in 53:8.9 says that Israel was cut off out of the land of the living for the transgression of my people. Who was Isaiah's people? Judah. That's what the daily sacrifices would point to. To the supreme sacrifice of Messiah ben Joseph for Messiah ben David.

I won't wonder if with the rebuilding of the Temple, the sacrifices will return because the bulk of our people does not understand that with the removal of MBJ from existence that ceremonial process is over.

Now, we have only one Messiah, MBD, the Triumphant Servant who must live forever as a People before the Lord, and he must remain alive for the sake of the rest of Mankind, so that the glory of God be revealed, according to Ezekiel 20:41.

'Behold the end has come'
What your claiming is utter nonsense (if you actually believe this stuff)
Its your choice and your eternity, I will move on

Last edited:

rvalin

Let There Be Light and There Was Light - Today, 07:48 PM

It has been an a "tohu vavohu" among many questioners, especially Christians, even many Jews, to come up with an explanation for that kind of light in Genesis 1:3 wen the sun, which gives light by day was created only on the 4th day of creation. The embarrassment is that at both, Atheists laugh. And not because they know any better in terms of an adequate answer, but for two other reasons: First, because they look for answer only in Science; and of course it is not there but in Theology. And in Theology, they laugh at us for they think
that we are all speaking about an anthropomorphic god, which, as I don't blame them: It indeed never existed.

But what light is indeed the Torah writer referring to when he reports of God as declaring, "Let there be light?"

Since before the creation of the universe it was already in the designs of God to provide for salvation of Mankind, a People whom salvation would come from, in the words of Jesus himself in John 4:22.

When for good, the Assyrians removed Israel from existence by replacing the Northern population of the Galilee with Gentiles, and after the Jews or Southern pupulation was taken for an temporary exile of 70 years in Babylon, and the time had arrived for their return to the Land of Israel, Prophet Isaiah said that the people who walked in darkness, he meant the Gentiles in Galilee, had seen a great light as the Jewish People was returning to the Land of Israel. (Isa. 9:2)

Then, later, he confirms that light of Genesis 1:3 when he explained that Israel had been assigned as light to the nations. (Isa. 42:6) But the light was to remain divided from the darkness, so that both should exist in the same world; although, in the language of the Essenes, there would always be a conflict between the children of Light and the children of darkness. Between Jews and Gentiles.

Jesus was aware of this Light as he delivered his famous Sermon of the Mount to a crowd of Jews, when he said to them: "You are the Light of the world." (Mat. 5:14) The reason why he said "you are" and not "you have" is that what one has, it can be taken away, but what one is he is no matter what. Individually, we have the light the world needs to know God. But as a People, we are the light of Genesis 1:3, which the world needs for salvation.

Ben

When it is said in the Torah "Let there be light" my understanding is that light=consciousness. I understand the entire Tanakh (what Christians call the Old Testament)as being a map for the journey from limited ego encapsulated consciousness to the pure light of infinite God (Messiah) consciousness. I believe that this document can be understood as a manual for developmental spirituality. So for me it is a challenge to undertake this journey and a guide to infinite, eternal consciousness. However I have trouble with what I see as your tribal orientation. I believe all the worlds scriptures are different maps to the same destination.

outhouse

Atheistically
When it is said in the Torah "Let there be light" my understanding is that light=consciousness. I understand the entire Tanakh (what Christians call the Old Testament)as being a map for the journey from limited ego encapsulated consciousness to the pure light of infinite God (Messiah) consciousness. I believe that this document can be understood as a manual for developmental spirituality. So for me it is a challenge to undertake this journey and a guide to infinite, eternal consciousness. However I have trouble with what I see as your tribal orientation. I believe all the worlds scriptures are different maps to the same destination.

dont get to worked up over it I believe its all fiction most of it stolen from sumerians. in my opinion

Hawkins

hmm...so this is your belief! Aparantly your faith differs from those Christians'. And those Christians believe that the Bible is the witnessing (instead of personal opinions) from the Jews.

"Let there be ligth" is a a very carefully selected skillful description about how fundamental elements composing of this universe were "made/created". Such as how light is made. It didn't use the word "create" or "made", instead "God's words" (or logo) is used to say that God "talks" matters into existence. It is because "made" and "create" is a process involving "time" while "time" itself is one of these fundamental elements composing of this universe.

So to "talk" things into existence is an attempt to remove the time concept such that even time itself is talked to existence.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
hmm...so this is your belief! Aparantly your faith differs from those Christians'. And those Christians believe that the Bible is the witnessing (instead of personal opinions) from the Jews.

"Let there be ligth" is a a very carefully selected skillful description about how fundamental elements composing of this universe were "made/created". Such as how light is made. It didn't use the word "create" or "made", instead "God's words" (or logo) is used to say that God "talks" matters into existence. It is because "made" and "create" is a process involving "time" while "time" itself is one of these fundamental elements composing of this universe.

So to "talk" things into existence is an attempt to remove the time concept such that even time itself is talked to existence.

And time does not exist...even now.

You might tweak your view...just a bit.

Ben Masada

You say you have trouble with what you see as "my tribal orientation" whatever you mean by that, I quoted the Biblical evidences of how I made my research. How about sharing your opinion on what you think the quotes point to? Perhaps I'll find out I am indeed wrong. You claim to understand the entire Tanakh. I am sure I'll be able to undersand something from your knowledge, as long as you paint God with the colors of anthropomorphy.

Ben Masada

'Behold the end has come'
What your claiming is utter nonsense (if you actually believe this stuff)
Its your choice and your eternity, I will move on

And as I can see, you don't believe in the Scriptures. What do you mean by "it is your eternity?" There is no eternity for man. Eternity is an attribute which was not granted to man. Eternity belongs to God only. The Torah has made it very clear in Genesis 3:22, where we read that Adam and Eve were cast out of the Garden of Eden to prevent them from eating from the tree of life and live forever.

Civil Shephard

Let There Be Light and There Was Light - Today, 07:48 PM

It has been an a "tohu vavohu" among many questioners, especially Christians, even many Jews, to come up with an explanation for that kind of light in Genesis 1:3 wen the sun, which gives light by day was created only on the 4th day of creation. The embarrassment is that at both, Atheists laugh. And not because they know any better in terms of an adequate answer, but for two other reasons: First, because they look for answer only in Science; and of course it is not there but in Theology. And in Theology, they laugh at us for they think
that we are all speaking about an anthropomorphic god, which, as I don't blame them: It indeed never existed.

But what light is indeed the Torah writer referring to when he reports of God as declaring, "Let there be light?"

Since before the creation of the universe it was already in the designs of God to provide for salvation of Mankind, a People whom salvation would come from, in the words of Jesus himself in John 4:22.

When for good, the Assyrians removed Israel from existence by replacing the Northern population of the Galilee with Gentiles, and after the Jews or Southern pupulation was taken for an temporary exile of 70 years in Babylon, and the time had arrived for their return to the Land of Israel, Prophet Isaiah said that the people who walked in darkness, he meant the Gentiles in Galilee, had seen a great light as the Jewish People was returning to the Land of Israel. (Isa. 9:2)

Then, later, he confirms that light of Genesis 1:3 when he explained that Israel had been assigned as light to the nations. (Isa. 42:6) But the light was to remain divided from the darkness, so that both should exist in the same world; although, in the language of the Essenes, there would always be a conflict between the children of Light and the children of darkness. Between Jews and Gentiles.

Jesus was aware of this Light as he delivered his famous Sermon of the Mount to a crowd of Jews, when he said to them: "You are the Light of the world." (Mat. 5:14) The reason why he said "you are" and not "you have" is that what one has, it can be taken away, but what one is he is no matter what. Individually, we have the light the world needs to know God. But as a People, we are the light of Genesis 1:3, which the world needs for salvation.

Ben

Ok I don't get it now. I mean I like it and it's sounds true to me... but are you saying that Jesus is the light of the world or that you are? Jesus also warns that many are called but few are chosen. Salvation is from the Jews but what about worshippers in Spirit and Truth whose time Jesus says now is? To me what you have written seems to say you're a believer in Christ. Are you?

Ben Masada

Ok I don't get it now. I mean I like it and it's sounds true to me... but are you saying that Jesus is the light of the world or that you are? Jesus also warns that many are called but few are chosen. Salvation is from the Jews but what about worshippers in Spirit and Truth whose time Jesus says now is? To me what you have written seems to say you're a believer in Christ. Are you?

Would you please open your NT in Matthew about the Sermon of the Mountain. It takes three chapters 5, 6, and 7. Jesus was delivering that sermon to a multitude of Jews, according to Matthew 5:1 and 7:28. In Matthew 5:14 he said YOU are the light of the world. As an individual, we have the light, but as a people we ARE the light of the world. Because, according to Jeremiah 31:35-37, Israel is to remain forever as a People before the Lord, so that by means of Israel, God reveals His glory in the sight of the nations, according to Ezekiel 20:41.

Regarding who worships right and the true God, Jesus spoke for all times. He said, WE, the Jews know Whom WE worship, and you don't know whom you worship. That was a dialogue between two peoples: The Jews, represented by Jesus and the Gentiles, represented by the Samaritan woman.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Would you please open your NT in Matthew about the Sermon of the Mountain. It takes three chapters 5, 6, and 7. Jesus was delivering that sermon to a multitude of Jews, according to Matthew 5:1 and 7:28. In Matthew 5:14 he said YOU are the light of the world. As an individual, we have the light, but as a people we ARE the light of the world. Because, according to Jeremiah 31:35-37, Israel is to remain forever as a People before the Lord, so that by means of Israel, God reveals His glory in the sight of the nations, according to Ezekiel 20:41.

Regarding who worships right and the true God, Jesus spoke for all times. He said, WE, the Jews know Whom WE worship, and you don't know whom you worship. That was a dialogue between two peoples: The Jews, represented by Jesus and the Gentiles, represented by the Samaritan woman.

As if being Jewish is 'special'?

Now that the Carpenter has laid out His teachings.....
No one is special.

Light of the world?....anyone teaching parables...yes.
Anyone teaching favored race or culture?...no.

esmith

Veteran Member
As I have posted in various other discussion threads about the "let there be light" statement I think that Professor Gary A. Rendsburg's explanation of the creation stories makes the most sense to me. His explanation is that there were many "creation" stories available to the ancient Jewish readers/listeners and (Enuma Elish -Babylonian for example). These myths/legends had to reflect the Jewish belief of worshiping one God, so the author or authors of these two stories put them right with the Jewish beliefs. If you notice the term darkness(symbolizing evil) was present. When He said "Let there be light" He saw that light was good. Therefor it follows that light(good) is the antithesis of darkness(evil). It follows that the author/authors did not want God to be held responsible for evil, so by showing that evil was present God can not be blamed for evil since evil was pre-existent. Fairly simple explanation.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
As I have posted in various other discussion threads about the "let there be light" statement I think that Professor Gary A. Rendsburg's explanation of the creation stories makes the most sense to me. His explanation is that there were many "creation" stories available to the ancient Jewish readers/listeners and (Enuma Elish -Babylonian for example). These myths/legends had to reflect the Jewish belief of worshiping one God, so the author or authors of these two stories put them right with the Jewish beliefs. If you notice the term darkness(symbolizing evil) was present. When He said "Let there be light" He saw that light was good. Therefor it follows that light(good) is the antithesis of darkness(evil). It follows that the author/authors did not want God to be held responsible for evil, so by showing that evil was present God can not be blamed for evil since evil was pre-existent. Fairly simple explanation.

Are you attempting to discount God as Creator?

Civil Shephard

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

In my opinion the assumption that darkness is pre-existent and evil because there was no light is a trick of the eye. Darkness when there was no light was meaningless as darkness since God did not need light to hover over the waters of the empty earth. Darkness became darkness only after light was formed. The use of darkness as an inherent evil I believe to be in error and a judgment of appearance rather than substance. Light was good because God planned to create man and animals and plants that would need that light to see and live by. Too much light is a bad thing and should that mean light is evil? The light and darkness describe the plan of being for a place where humans and our creator can fellowship and enjoy spontaneous being. The light of day was good for conversation with the mouth and the ears and the dark of night was great for resting from the days labors and dreaming in our minds and hearts of the next day.

I mean lets face it... dark as evil and light as good has been the source of much human to human suffering and oppression in the forms of racism, militaristic religiosity and elitist intellectualism.

Yes the light of the Lord is good. But the light of the Lord is found in the humble hearts and gentle tongues of those who learn what pleases our Creator. The light of the Lord is his word to us.

esmith

Veteran Member
In my opinion the assumption that darkness is pre-existent and evil because there was no light is a trick of the eye. Darkness when there was no light was meaningless as darkness since God did not need light to hover over the waters of the empty earth. Darkness became darkness only after light was formed. The use of darkness as an inherent evil I believe to be in error and a judgment of appearance rather than substance. Light was good because God planned to create man and animals and plants that would need that light to see and live by. Too much light is a bad thing and should that mean light is evil? The light and darkness describe the plan of being for a place where humans and our creator can fellowship and enjoy spontaneous being. The light of day was good for conversation with the mouth and the ears and the dark of night was great for resting from the days labors and dreaming in our minds and hearts of the next day.

I mean lets face it... dark as evil and light as good has been the source of much human to human suffering and oppression in the forms of racism, militaristic religiosity and elitist intellectualism.

Yes the light of the Lord is good. But the light of the Lord is found in the humble hearts and gentle tongues of those who learn what pleases our Creator. The light of the Lord is his word to us.

The light referenced in versus 3-1 is not the light of the sun, the moon or the stars. The light of those bodies are versus 14-19.

in reference to your previous question: "Are you attempting to discount God as Creator?"
Not exactly. To many religions have taken that the earth was created "ex nihilo" - out of nothing. Whereas the earth existed with pre-existing matter. Where did this matter come from? The bible doesn't say; this would leave it up to the audience. At the present time scientific explanation of the creation of the Universe is the "Big Bang Theory". Therefore one could say that God was responsible for the "Big Bang" or any other theory that science might postulate. This would not put religious and scientific beliefs at odds with each other.
Remember, the bible was not written for modern man, the bible was written for ancient Israelites. What or how they understand what is written/said may be completely foreign to our way of thinking today. To read and understand the bible, as the authors intended, one would have to put themselves into that era. Which is impossible for us today, all we can do is hope that our interpretations are somewhat close to what was actually meant or implied.