• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let’s talk about the Bible

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If God's Kingdom is by us with God, then it is we by our wisdom and obedience who will do it.

That is WORLDS away from you!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The difference between a promise of God and an agreement of God.
The first one is sure. It will happen.
The second one will happen IF the other parties hold to the agreement.
They are not holding to it. You may quote me.

Oeste

The Jehovah's Witnesses believe that God's holy spirit opens up the minds of the governing body to know what scriptures mean.

I am familiar with the Watchtower's claim that only they could "channel" truth from God.

l am also sure somebody opened up their minds to tell people 1914 would be the time of the end, the generation that would not disappear, that the ancient worthies would be resurrected in 1925, that Armageddon would appear in just a few months in 1941...I just don't think it was the Holy Spirit, and this the Governing Board has made abundantly clear.

their excuse for mistakes and for the very long time it is taking which is over a hundred years is that God can do it only at the proper time. The "key" is God's proper time.

This idea of a "key" is foreign to the text. There is no mention of a "key" in Daniel. Since there is no mention of a key, there is no need to add one.

As a matter of fact, the bible specifically prohibits anything to be added or taken away from scripture, and I see a "key" being added and a "scroll" being taken away.

As for the "proper time" to understand the bible:

It was revealed to them that they were ministering, not to themselves, but to you, regarding what has now been announced to you by those who declared the good news to you with holy spirit sent from heaven. Into these very things, angels are desiring to peer. (1 Peter 1:12)

For he says, "At the acceptable time I have listened to you, and helped you on the day of salvation." Behold, now is the acceptable time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Corinthians 6:2)

Each "now" was written over 2 thousand years ago.

And, there is no scroll. The scroll mentioned in Daniel is the [altered] Bible.

This is getting bizarre.

You claim there is no scroll. Then you say the scroll mentioned in Daniel is the bible. If the scroll is the bible and there is no scroll, then there is no bible either.

Secondly, Daniel is told not only to seal the scroll ( a written document which apparently doesn't exist but is the bible), but to "shut the words" until the end of days. This means no written canon until the "end of days", thus negating each and every book written by any prophet after Daniel.

Can you, hockeycowboy, Vee, or KJW explain:

How did Daniel seal a scroll that did not exist?

How can Daniel's scroll that is not a scroll be the bible?

How could the prophets of old have written anything if the words were shut at the time of Daniel?

Or does the Governing Board deny there was anything shut in the same manner they claim there is no scroll?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am familiar with the Watchtower's claim that only they could "channel" truth from God.

l am also sure somebody opened up their minds to tell people 1914 would be the time of the end, the generation that would not disappear, that the ancient worthies would be resurrected in 1925, that Armageddon would appear in just a few months in 1941...I just don't think it was the Holy Spirit, and this the Governing Board has made abundantly clear.

This idea of a "key" is foreign to the text. There is no mention of a "key" in Daniel. Since there is no mention of a key, there is no need to add one.

As a matter of fact, the bible specifically prohibits anything to be added or taken away from scripture, and I see a "key" being added and a "scroll" being taken away.

It was revealed to them that they were ministering, not to themselves, but to you, regarding what has now been announced to you by those who declared the good news to you with holy spirit sent from heaven. Into these very things, angels are desiring to peer. (1 Peter 1:12)

For he says, "At the acceptable time I have listened to you, and helped you on the day of salvation." Behold, now is the acceptable time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Corinthians 6:2)

Each "now" was written over 2 thousand years ago.

This is getting bizarre.

You claim there is no scroll. Then you say the scroll mentioned in Daniel is the bible. If the scroll is the bible and there is no scroll, then there is no bible either.

Secondly, Daniel is told not only to seal the scroll ( a written document which apparently doesn't exist but is the bible), but to "shut the words" until the end of days. This means no written canon until the "end of days", thus negating each and every book written by any prophet after Daniel.

How could the prophets of old have written anything if the words were shut at the time of Daniel?

Or does the Governing Board deny there was anything shut in the same manner they claim there is no scroll?
OMG! When I state what I think is going on, it isn't my perspective!
I would have to do some research on it. I do not know if I want to.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I agree.

What I have to say about that is not allowed on the forum so I evoke my free will and not say anything about that.

This is getting bizarre.
No kidding!

Very wonderful. Have you got nothing better to do? So far, and I don't care, the words just mean that God's words to Daniel were for later.

I think that is playing with logic. Maybe, sometime, we can do that together?

Please get me out of their class!

He didn't talk about it.

Scroll might be a metaphor.

They could write, but what they wrote was not easily understood, which is true. Is it not?

Good question, I think. I do not understand it.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Your witness mindset is showing again sw! Does your statement really make sense to you?

"When I say what I think, it's not my perspective"
Ya, but, it isn't what I THINK. It is what I SEE.
When I say what I see, it is not my perspective.
It isn't how I understand the issue. It is how I believe THEY see the issue.