1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Let’s talk about the Bible

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by Vee, Nov 1, 2017.

1. kjw47

kjw47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Religion:
    Jehovah' witness

Anyone who knows God, knows that is the way it works.

2. kjw47

kjw47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Religion:
    Jehovah' witness

Not a bible change--a change in your thinking is needed.

There is no other book. The correlation is between the book of Daniel and the book of Revelation--kind of like a key to unlock certain symbolisms.

3. kjw47

kjw47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Religion:
    Jehovah' witness

White horse= righteous war. Rev 6 occurs long before Har-mageddon--the war in heaven. One rider of a white horse mentioned--obviously the main rider--Rev 6=Michael--yet he gets the crown--Can you add 2+2 that's how difficult it is without twisting it all into oblivion.

4. savagewind

savagewind Veteran Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,619
    Religion:
    An X-Jehovah's Witness
    I understand that Jehovah's Witnesses are not allowed to know God. They are allowed to know only through the governing body.

upload_2017-11-8_15-19-7.png

5. savagewind

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,619
    Religion:
    An X-Jehovah's Witness
    Meaning of the color WHITE in the Bible
    WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT HORSES 59 Bible verses about Horses

28Their arrows are sharp, all their bows are strung; their horses' hooves seem like flint, their chariot wheels like a whirlwind.........And if one looks at the land, there is only darkness and distress; even the sun will be darkened by clouds.

Does that sound like what Jesus will do? Darkness?

John 8:12
    Verse Concepts

Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life."

John 9:5
    Verse Concepts

"While I am in the world, I am the Light of the world."

Isaiah 42:6
    Verse Concepts

"I am the LORD, I have called You in righteousness, I will also hold You by the hand and watch over You, And I will appoint You as a covenant to the people, As a light to the nations

John 12:46
    Verse Concepts

"I have come as Light into the

world, so that everyone who believes in Me will not remain in darkness.

Luke 1:78
    Verse Concepts

Because of the tender mercy of our God, With which the Sunrise from on high will visit us

6. savagewind

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,619
    Religion:
    An X-Jehovah's Witness
    May I be forgiven, please.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Oeste

Oeste Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +424
    Religion:
    Christian
    Daniel 12:4 says nothing about a key. It says a book. Is there some reason why "book" came out of His mouth rather than "key"? Literally God would be telling Daniel to shut up the words and close the key.

Did God stutter when talking with Daniel, or are you making this up as you go along?

8. savagewind

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,619
    Religion:
    An X-Jehovah's Witness
    are you making this up as you go along?[/QUOTE]I think you should know that it is not him. The governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses are making it up as they go along. It might be the biggest and baddest scam in the history of the World.

9. kjw47

kjw47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Religion:
    Jehovah' witness

Like this( Luke 10:16) exactly= Gods will

10. kjw47

kjw47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Religion:
    Jehovah' witness

I guess you have no real understanding of the bible then. Few do. Only those taught by the real teachers of Jesus. There are keys( truths) in Daniel that unlock certain symbolisms spoken of in revelation.
    The whole world has been watching rev 13 occur for years now. Yet few can see it--can you? We are beyond that point.

11. savagewind

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,619
    Religion:
    An X-Jehovah's Witness
    :DHow do you know that Luke 10:16 isn't about the actual writers of the Bible? I think you know that Jehovah's Witnesses did not write the Bible.

Why is Luke 10:16 about the Jehovah's Witnesses and nobody else?

#291 savagewind, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  12. savagewind

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,619
    Religion:
    An X-Jehovah's Witness
    If the Bible really isn't to be understood the Jehovah's Witness way, but a little one putting faith in Jesus is persuaded that it is the right way and he or she is taken off the right course for the wrong course this applies.

Matthew 18:6

The governing body is compelling its people to live dangerously and might I say unwisely.

1 Corinthians 8:12
    By sinning against your brothers in this way and wounding their weak conscience, you sin against Christ.

13. whirlingmerc

whirlingmerc Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +886
    Religion:
    Christian

The Bible continues but many who own it should probably know it better and read it more

• Like Like x 1
  14. kjw47

kjw47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Religion:
    Jehovah' witness
    No they didn't write the bible. They corrected it though and as well this occurred through them-Daniel 12:4)

15. Oeste

Oeste Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +424
    Religion:
    Christian
    It's no wonder you believe the way you do...you're the only one who believes it!

I looked at your NWT and NOWHERE do I see the word "key" at Daniel 12:4. Obviously you are making up stories as you go along...and very bad ones at that.

4 “As for you, Daniel, keep the words secret, and seal up the book until the time of the end.+ Many will rove about,* and the true knowledge will become abundant. (Daniel 12, New World Translation)​

Neither can I find the fantastic and ludicrous interpretation you are giving here on the Watchtower website, nor in any of its publications.

It's pointless for you to claim you have "real" teachers when you yourself are not a "real" student of Watchtower doctrine.

Either God stuttered when he said "book" or you have gone rogue from the Watchtower.

BTW, you may want to look up the Hebrew word for "book". It does not mean "key". Quite simply it means a written document, missive, or decree.

But since you cannot tell us when and where they found the book that wasn't a book because it was a key, perhaps you could tell us when and where they found the key, who first found it, how it was sealed or encrypted, who unsealed it, what the key looked like, and how they used the key to unlock Revelation.

Lastly, since you claim to speak for the Watchtower, can you point us to the Watchtower article that confirms your analysis.

16. kjw47

kjw47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Religion:
    Jehovah' witness

I never said Dan 12:4 mentioned the keys. I said the book of Daniel holds certain keys to the symbolism that makes up revelation.

Like a horn = a kingdom--Thus one can decipher the 7 headed beast with 10 horns( 10 kingdoms) and the two horned beast=2 kingdoms working together. Then one can look and see they watched( rev 13) it occur for years now.

17. Jayhawker Soule

Jayhawker Soule <yawn> ignore </yawn>
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +15,014
    Religion:
    Judaism
    Evidence? You prance around a lot, pretending to know what you simply believe. It does little for your credibility.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Oeste

Oeste Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +424
    Religion:
    Christian
    So where in the book of Daniel does it claim to hold "certain keys to the symbolism that makes up Revelation?"

Or is this something you just decided to make up also?

AFTER you've answered this, I'd also like to get back to the question I've asked you about 5 or 6 times already.

You stated the following:

Since Daniel 12:4 specifically tells Daniel to "shut up the words and seal the scroll", can you tell us how when and where your Organization found the scroll, who unsealed it, who translated it, what shut up words they found, what errors they found needed correcting, and where the scroll is now?

Or are you going to take everyone on your merry-go-round and tell us once again there is no scroll, but "kind of like a key", the way you did here?:

I will await your reasoned response.

19. Silverscale derg

Silverscale derg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34
    The bible is unlike the ones of the other gods. It sure does have hateful teachings like some ill guided gods, yahweh (the one of the bible) being one of them. He killed everyone to start a new in his book yet he's called good but when we dragons kill one sheep...one. That number one up from zero we're seen as monsters. The "god" of the bible is selfish and wants all to worship him yet he's lesser. The pagan killings were wrong, so were the witch hunts. The first commandment is not to kill but humans seem to do it all the time, so did "god"

20. savagewind

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,619
    Religion:
    An X-Jehovah's Witness
    The Jehovah's Witnesses believe that God's holy spirit opens up the minds of the governing body to know what scriptures mean. Their excuse for mistakes and for the very long time it is taking which is over a hundred years is that God can do it only at the proper time. The "key" is God's proper time. @kjw47 @Oeste

And, there is no scroll. The scroll mentioned in Daniel is the [altered] Bible.

#300 savagewind, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017