• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let’s talk about the Bible

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I suspect that Daniel 2:44 did not say "it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, but it shall stand for ever"

But that it said, "it shall be broken and consumed by all these kingdoms, but it shall stand forever".

Why do I think so? Because I can see that it has been broken and consumed. Tell me, where is God's Kingdom that I can find it?
It stands forever in only the people who believe it.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is another reason why I think Daniel wrote "it (God's Kingdom [of the Earth]) will be broken and consumed. It seems to me that God has never had God's way about much since the beginning.
Then all of a sudden, God will have God's way? That is what you all believe. And, I'm nuts?

DavidFirth

There is another reason why I think Daniel wrote "it (God's Kingdom [of the Earth]) will be broken and consumed. It seems to me that God has never had God's way about much since the beginning.
Then all of a sudden, God will have God's way? That is what you all believe. And, I'm nuts?

God always has His way, He is absolutely omnipotent. It is God's will that the prince of the power of the air (the devil) rule this world. Because we chose him instead of God when we chose our own will over God's will. But God will judge the devil and all those who do evil in His sight. In the end God will destroy the heavens and the Earth, then He will create a new heaven and a new Earth, just as it is written.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God always has His way,

I can't believe that.

upload_2017-11-10_8-23-30.jpeg

JJ50

God always has His way, He is absolutely omnipotent. It is God's will that the prince of the power of the air (the devil) rule this world. Because we chose him instead of God when we chose our own will over God's will. But God will judge the devil and all those who do evil in His sight. In the end God will destroy the heavens and the Earth, then He will create a new heaven and a new Earth, just as it is written.

Really? And what evidence is there for those assertions, the Bible is NOT evidence.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Noted. But if it is true you haven't affected the truth at all, you have only affected yourself by disbelieving it.
Please listen to yourself. Not.....the way you are listening. Meditate on what you just said. What does it even mean?

If, like you say," God always has his way"* then God killed Abel. Not only that, but then goes on to say that WE should not murder.

*It is my opinion that God is not pleased to be referred to as "he".

DavidFirth

Please listen to yourself. Not.....the way you are listening. Meditate on what you just said. What does it even mean?

If, like you say," God always has his way"* then God killed Abel. Not only that, but then goes on to say that WE should not murder.

*It is my opinion that God is not pleased to be referred to as "he".

No, but God allowed Cain to kill Abel. God allows free will.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, God won't do it. Where does it say that God is going to give you and your kind a new Earth?

JJ50

Really? And what evidence is there for those assertions, the Bible is NOT evidence.

Surely if a god did exist it wouldn't have all the worst human characteristics the character in the Bible displays. The mythical Satan could be no worse.