• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lesbianism is a moral way of life.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Gentiles rarely "get" Jewish attitudes toward Christianity. Christians tend to think of themselves and their religion in a postive light. For historic reasons, when a Jew hears, "the Christians are coming," we tend to think, "Hide!" For centuries, a group of Christians coming to visit was very likely to mean murder and arson. For this reason, we're a bit sensitive about Christianity itself, and ten to be negatively disposed toward it. As for Jesus, there is a natural temptation to see Him as nothing but an excuse to slaughter us, so we're not all that crazy about Him either. For that reason, He's not the first person we tend to quote or appreciate hearing quoted.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Gentiles rarely "get" Jewish attitudes toward Christianity. Christians tend to think of themselves and their religion in a postive light. For historic reasons, when a Jew hears, "the Christians are coming," we tend to think, "Hide!" For centuries, a group of Christians coming to visit was very likely to mean murder and arson. For this reason, we're a bit sensitive about Christianity itself, and ten to be negatively disposed toward it. As for Jesus, there is a natural temptation to see Him as nothing but an excuse to slaughter us, so we're not all that crazy about Him either. For that reason, He's not the first person we tend to quote or appreciate hearing quoted.
OK, now I'm confused. Cladan's a Jew (unless I'm very much mistaken), I'm the Gentile.

Jeremiah

Interesting, but still not a definition of morals that can be universally applied. I stand by my statement that the term is subjective and has no definitive definition. It is based on religious, cultural and regional variables that change over time. A persons morals in the United States are different from a persons in India. Also, a persons morals in 2009 are different from a persons in 1809 even though they are in the same location. You could say the definition is fluid and everchanging and not be wrong.

Come on now. You lessen yourself with this troglodytic regurgitation. Who is the master alchemist to cultivate the cultivation? Is not the very cultivation itself a constant in the multiples? Are we nothing but a chalkboard, in which to be erased and rewritten whimsically? Is feral determinism the cherry on top or is there some room for compatibilism? Does the comp lead way to structural standards? Would you say that moral relativism is a universal truth?

Last edited:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Well, I was getting ready for a long explanation of my approach to morality, but apparently no one has any quarrel with the premise of the thread, so I'll save it.

Oddly, I have a feeling this isn't the last time I'll be called immoral in this forum, despite living what apparently all agree is a very moral life.

JamBar85

Master Designer
In English scriptures, since we're speaking English here:
Leviticus 18:22: A man may not lie with a man as with a woman.
That explicitly forbids homosexual relations, and goes on to speak of beastiality.
The Talmud speaks of lesbian relations as "licentious".
Rambam forbids it as a practice of Egypt.

That's enough for me to condemn it as forbidden among anyone born Jewish.

For the goyim, I really don't care what they do...
But for you calling yourself Jewish, I cite:
1 Kings 18:20, where Elijah demands Israel to choose: Idolatry or Jewish identity.

OK. My knowledge on religion isn't the best. I come on this site because it's interesting and i'm interested in peoples views and opinions on it.

This to me doesn't come across as an opinion. Autodidact has asked why you find being a lesbien immoral. So instead of copying and pasting stuff from website x, why not tell us what YOU think?

Zorro1227

This thread is for yosi, who asked to discuss the morality of my lesbian way of life. I assert that my way of life is moral; he denies it. yosi:
Why do you think my way of life is immoral?

I do not see what could be immoral about your way of life. You love who you love and you desire who you desire. I personally believe that lesbian, gay, bi, and hetro love is all beautiful. Who has the right to put a limit on something as powerful as love?

OmarKhayyam

I see no one has defended the hospital here. Where is
His_Master%27s_Voice.jpg

when you need him?:confused:

RomCat

Your way of life is contrary to the moral and natural laws.
It is never justifiable. It is contrary to God's Holy Will for
you.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Your way of life is contrary to the moral and natural laws.
It is never justifiable. It is contrary to God's Holy Will for
you.

The sad thing is that you will never understand the untold evil and suffering that has resulted from this type of dangerous ignorance. You're sick and will never get better because you aren't even capable of seeing that you're diseased.

MSizer

MSizer
See, I take no issue with someone's urges, but I DO take issue on how those who claim Judaism(in any way, shape, or form) act on their urges, since each Jew is responsible for ALL Jews. One person's evil actions can cost thousands, if not millions of lives.

Yeah if you're talking about pushing missle detination buttons maybe, not not by choosing one lover rather than an another. Besides, given the number of homosexuals who have already indulged and died over thousands of previous human generations, aren't we already doomed anyway if god's gonna cut us down over it?