• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LDS letter on same-sex marriage

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I actually read those entries and there is a surprising lack of citation. :rolleyes:

do you believe everything you read on the internet?
This is stupid... Did you check the friggin' book? It's only the leading source on gender rolls in First Nations culture... :slap:

wa:do

ps. my knowledge of this subject isn't from the internet... my wife is transgender. We have both done a lot of research on the subject of gender rolls and First Nations culture.

Last edited:
painted wolf said:
ps. my knowledge of this subject isn't from the internet... my wife is transgender. We have both done a lot of research on the subject of gender rolls and First Nations culture.
How is it that I've known you for years and I never knew you had a wife? :p

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Again, you are comparing apples to oranges. Behavioral patters are not the same as religious movements. :rolleyes:

I understand you don't like the analogy because it makes it too hard to argue against, but just declaring it apples and oranges doesn't make it so. It's actually a perfect analogy. You have a set of beliefs. You can't just force yourself to change them. Giving you the right to be Catholic just like everyone else is exactly the same thing as giving homosexuals the right to heterosexual marriage just like everyone else.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
can you provide some reference for this? :sarcastic

Well, I think this pretty much seals it. Madhatter, it would be nice if you'd at least attempt an honest discussion. Now you're not even trying to hide your ignorance, arrogance, and attempts to distract from the fact that you have no real argument. We're trying to have an adult debate. If you'd like to join that, that would be great. If not, it would be better to stop posting rather than make yourself look even worse like this.

ouch, I 'm sorry for you :(
:facepalm: Do you really not get that she and her wife are happy together? Or are you being deliberately obnoxious?

Imagine if a white guy said his wife was mixed race, and someone responded "Ouch, I'm sorry for you :( "

I think apologizing to PW for making such an ignorant and insulting comment -- unintentionally, I hope -- would be the decent thing to do.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
ouch, I 'm sorry for you :(
Yeah, having to worry about her safety around ignorant bigots is the worst part of my life. Transpeople are frequent victims of brutality. :sad:

Transgendered people face a lot of violence and discrimination. Thankfully we live in a an area that is very respectful of individual freedom. :cool:

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Yeah, having to worry about her safety around ignorant bigots is the worst part of my life. Transpeople are frequent victims of brutality. :sad:

Small minded people will resort to the means of our ancient ancestors (apes) as they have not evolved to a point where tolerance and acceptance are part of their lives.

I ********** hate (excuse my French) hearing first hand examples of violence for such petty reasons. Makes my blood boil. If it were up to me offenders would be publicly executed for their intolerance.

Transgendered people face a lot of violence and discrimination. Thankfully we live in a an area that is very respectful of individual freedom. :cool:

Sad thing is you should be able to live where you want and not have to deal with bigots and religious fanatics.

Shame on them for their insecurities though.

madhatter85

Transhumanist

Just for curiosity's sake. so you are a woman married to a woman who used to be a man?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Just for curiosity's sake. so you are a woman married to a woman who used to be a man?
Yes, I'm a woman married to a woman who was born with the wrong sex chromosome.

Now.... about my original point.

Many First Nations religions were perfectly accepting of same sex marriage (not just with transgendered individuals) for thousands of years. Why does your religion get to deny mine it's freedom when it comes to GBLT marriage?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I cannot frubal painted wolf today, but I must recognize her amazing patience, courtesy and tolerance in the face of rude offensiveness. How do you do it, painted wolf? Whatever your religion is, you have held it up as a positive force for the rest of us. Meanwhile that other person has convinced us that his religion has a negative effect on character and kindness toward others.

TJ73

Wow, that is just mind blowing :thud:
What is ever more mind blowing is that right now with all the history we have behind us as a species, plus the personal history we each have where not one of us can say we have never been hurt by the insensitivity of someone else, YET people STILL show such blatant cruel insensitivity and intolerance.
How, in the name of anything good, can you or anyone else for that matter, justify saying something so flippant and rude.
You know it will hurt the one you direct it to...
You know the situation has no bearing on your own life...
YOU KNOW what it feels like to be dismissed and hurt...
Why don't you think about it, dig deep and try to figure out why you want to hurt other people and then come back and apologize? :yes: