• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Know One Knows Your Heart

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I see nothing there that says the wicked are not resurrected. On the other hand I see these amongst other passages.
Rev 20:12 I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God’s throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to what they had done, as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up its dead, and death and the grave gave up their dead. And all were judged according to their deeds.
Acts 24:14........I believe everything that is laid down by the Law and written in the Prophets, 15and I have the same hope in God that they themselves cherish, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked.
Isn't it true that New Jerusalem comes down out of heaven and that the Lamb and God will be there (Rev 21) and that the OT tells us that God has chosen Jerusalem as the place to make His home forever(Psalm 132:13,14) and that the OT saints live there and all those of faith. ( Heb 11:10-12....as numerous as the stars. Does this mean there are 2 New Jerusalems?)
Hebrews 11:16 Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.
Rev 3:12The one who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will never again leave it. Upon him I will write the name of My God, and the name ofthe city of My God (the new Jerusalem that comes down out of heaven from My God), and My new name.

I find a connection between Psalms 132:13-14 with Hebrews 12:22 speaking about a Heavenly Jerusalem with myriads of angels.
If Heavenly Jerusalem were to literally come to Earth where would Earth put those myriads of angels __________

Please note the dead of Revelation 20:12-13 are in biblical hell ( the grave ) these are the ones who are ' delivered up' ( meaning resurrected ).
I appreciate your posting of Acts of the Apostles 24:15 but I do wonder where you get the word 'wicked' in that verse when it reads as either: the righteous and unrighteous, or the just and unjust ( does Not say 'wicked' there ) The wicked are ' destroyed forever ' - Psalms 92:7

Old fleshly national Jerusalem is of Earth whereas celestial New Jerusalem is located 'above ' (Galatians 4:26 )
New Jerusalem's 'pearly gates' (Re. 21:21) adorn spiritual qualities or blessing benefits here on Earth due to God's heavenly blessings on Earth from Heaven.
So, Not a literal coming down but as its direction and its attention is toward Earth.
Jesus remains in Heaven - John 14:19 - thus governs from Heaven.
As the New Heavens ( 2 Peter 3:13) is Not a literal New Heaven and the New Earth is Not a literal New Earth but a new earthly society.
God's ' tent ' ( dwelling ) is with mankind is Not meaning God moving his heavenly-home location to literally live on Earth.- Revelation 21:3-5
Please notice 1 Kings 8:27; 1 Kings 8:30; 1 Kings 8:39; 1 Kings 8:43; 1 Kings 8:49 .
Rather, the New Heavens is connected to God's kingdom come.... ( thy kingdom come....) God's royal or kingly government over Earth for 1,000 years.
This 'coming' down is linked with Christ and his symbolic bride (heavenly co-rulers) composing a royal kingship and priesthood with Christ for a thousand years.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
What witnesses? Oh right those mentioned in the bible (compiled in the late 4th century) that verify the story in the bible.
The 4th century ' church ' merely testified as recognizing and regarding the ancient manuscripts as the authoritative 'word ' of God - 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
It is the ancient manuscripts that support Bible canon. Bible canon was established early on so the ' church' was noting to what was already accepted by God.
And, apocryphal books simply exclude themselves because of being out of harmony with the harmonious '66' Bible books.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The 4th century ' church ' merely testified as recognizing and regarding the ancient manuscripts as the authoritative 'word ' of God - 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
It is the ancient manuscripts that support Bible canon. Bible canon was established early on so the ' church' was noting to what was already accepted by God.
And, apocryphal books simply exclude themselves because of being out of harmony with the harmonious '66' Bible books.

Ahh so the bible is confirmation that the bible is accurate, ok, i understand

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Ahh so the bible is confirmation that the bible is accurate, ok, i understand
If the Bible was from men then how could about 40 men who did Not even live in the same time frame be in such harmony with one another.
Those men (Bible writers) just proved to be God's secretaries, God's pen men.
That internal harmony is what made it possible for Jesus to often preface his statements with the words, " it is written..."
Meaning it was already written down in the old Hebrew Scriptures, and Jesus would take it from there to explain or expound verses to us.

ChristineM

Premium Member
If the Bible was from men then how could about 40 men who did Not even live in the same time frame be in such harmony with one another.
Those men (Bible writers) just proved to be God's secretaries, God's pen men.
That internal harmony is what made it possible for Jesus to often preface his statements with the words, " it is written..."
Meaning it was already written down in the old Hebrew Scriptures, and Jesus would take it from there to explain or expound verses to us.

If that's what you believe...

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If that's what you believe...
Believe, or read what is already recorded in Scripture.
The Bible was Not written or completed in the same life time of all of the writers, but over many centuries.
The ancient manuscripts are centuries apart from the Christian Scriptures, yet Jesus' teachings shows they are harmonious.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Believe, or read what is already recorded in Scripture.
The Bible was Not written or completed in the same life time of all of the writers, but over many centuries.
The ancient manuscripts are centuries apart from the Christian Scriptures, yet Jesus' teachings shows they are harmonious.

The nt was compiler about 350 years after jesus death. There are very few of the claimed original writings in existence, and there is no original of that first bible.

So why assume its accurate if you do not know?

ppp

The nt was compiler about 350 years after jesus death. There are very few of the claimed original writings in existence, and there is no original of that first bible.
Are there any of the originals of the books of the NT? I thought that we didn't have anything from before the mid second century. Or is that just the Gospels?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Are there any of the originals of the books of the NT? I thought that we didn't have anything from before the mid second century. Or is that just the Gospels?

Papyrus P52 althought later than JC us said to be original

Thief

Rogue Theologian
so....back to topic.....

as we surrender the flesh.....and stand in spirit
so I believe

heaven can see how you think and feel
heaven can see your heart

heaven might ask (even as the answer is known)
what do you desire?

answer that question

if you dare

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The nt was compiler about 350 years after jesus death. There are very few of the claimed original writings in existence, and there is no original of that first bible. So why assume its accurate if you do not know?

Revelation and John's gospel account were finished by the very end of the 1st century. ( No more Bible writings after the 1st century)
So, even in Constantine's time the Scriptures were in existence, so all the ' church ' had to do was to testify to the 1st-century writings as Bible canon.
To me, the Bible's internal harmony shows the accuracy to the point that Jesus could base his teachings on the old Hebrew Scriptures, and be presented to us in a logical reasoning manner, and as I mentioned, the apocryphal books simply exclude themselves being out of harmony with the harmonious '66' books of Bible canon.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Revelation and John's gospel account were finished by the very end of the 1st century. ( No more Bible writings after the 1st century)
So, even in Constantine's time the Scriptures were in existence, so all the ' church ' had to do was to testify to the 1st-century writings as Bible canon.
To me, the Bible's internal harmony shows the accuracy to the point that Jesus could base his teachings on the old Hebrew Scriptures, and be presented to us in a logical reasoning manner, and as I mentioned, the apocryphal books simply exclude themselves being out of harmony with the harmonious '66' books of Bible canon.

Evidence exists i presume.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
so....back to topic.....as we surrender the flesh.....and stand in spirit so I believe
heaven can see how you think and feel
heaven can see your heart
heaven might ask (even as the answer is known) what do you desire? answer that question if you dare
I find as long as our 'desires' are in harmony with Philippians 4:8,7,9 then as Psalms 145:16-20 says God opens His hand to satisfy one's desires.
Not the desires of the wicked (Psalms 11:5) but God hears the desires of the humble - Psalms 10:17
Thus, righteous desires will be fulfilled during Christ's thousand year reign over Earth.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I find as long as our 'desires' are in harmony with Philippians 4:8,7,9 then as Psalms 145:16-20 says God opens His hand to satisfy one's desires.
Not the desires of the wicked (Psalms 11:5) but God hears the desires of the humble - Psalms 10:17
Thus, righteous desires will be fulfilled during Christ's thousand year reign over Earth.
open a thread for that thousand year idea
see you there

Thief

Rogue Theologian
in the mean time.....

7billion copies of a learning device
each one forming a fresh mind and heart

anyone care to guess percentages?......how many lack a proper heart

Brian2

Veteran Member
Or maybe rejected as history because there is no evidence to verify the main points as accurate. As any good story, it does use some facts to give it credence, background characters who are know to have lived and places that are also known to have existed

Bible historians have worked to verify the history in the Bible and have done a good job. When it comes to verifying supernatural events it seems odd to demand that be by someone who does not believe.
"So Mr X you have said that you actually saw Jesus rise from the dead and raise others from the dead and walk on water, is that correct?"
"Ah yes sir"
"If that is the case Mr X, why is it that you are not a Christian?"

I am not sure you have a grasp on what constitutes evidence, no rumours involved. And what is bias to do with it if someone documented what they saw.

We are talking about Pantera being the biological father of Jesus aren't we? So that is a rumor started by Jews in maybe the late 1st or in the 2nd century and what evidence do you have to confirm the rumor other than a Roman soldier by that name who could have been in the country at the time.(a common name it seems).

Can yoy say for sure that at least some of whe data used to compile the NT was not edited, changed or even created at the time it eas compiled? There is after all very little original evidence.

For sure? No, but the work of scholars has shown we have what is close to the original. The New Testament is better attested than most historical writings which we accept.

Brian2

Veteran Member
I find a connection between Psalms 132:13-14 with Hebrews 12:22 speaking about a Heavenly Jerusalem with myriads of angels.
If Heavenly Jerusalem were to literally come to Earth where would Earth put those myriads of angels

If taken literally the New Jerusalem is going to be big and is going to be 3 dimensional.
Anyway, angels can probably squeeze together. One theological debate when the Catholic church thought it knew everything was about how many angels could fit on the head of a pin.

Please note the dead of Revelation 20:12-13 are in biblical hell ( the grave ) these are the ones who are ' delivered up' ( meaning resurrected ).
I appreciate your posting of Acts of the Apostles 24:15 but I do wonder where you get the word 'wicked' in that verse when it reads as either: the righteous and unrighteous, or the just and unjust ( does Not say 'wicked' there ) The wicked are ' destroyed forever ' - Psalms 92:7

In Rev 20 it does appear that everyone who has lived will be then resurrected.
In Acts 24:15 some translations have "wicked", but that means the same as "unrighteous" or "unjust" anyway.
And yes the wicked will be destroyed but at death their spirit part goes to hades and is resurrected to be judged and possibly destroyed forever then.
We can't use one part of scripture to deny another part. It is all true.

Old fleshly national Jerusalem is of Earth whereas celestial New Jerusalem is located 'above ' (Galatians 4:26 )

It is in heaven now but it is coming down to earth and the OT saints and people of faith will be in it with God and the Lamb. (Heb 11:8-16, Rev 21)
Rev 3:12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God;

New Jerusalem's 'pearly gates' (Re. 21:21) adorn spiritual qualities or blessing benefits here on Earth due to God's heavenly blessings on Earth from Heaven.
So, Not a literal coming down but as its direction and its attention is toward Earth.

The Bible says it is coming down to earth. Who am I to disagree?

Jesus remains in Heaven - John 14:19 - thus governs from Heaven.

In John 14:19 Jesus was speaking about going back to heaven after completing His work here but when He returns He will be seen by everyone according to the scriptures.

As the New Heavens ( 2 Peter 3:13) is Not a literal New Heaven and the New Earth is Not a literal New Earth but a new earthly society.
God's ' tent ' ( dwelling ) is with mankind is Not meaning God moving his heavenly-home location to literally live on Earth.- Revelation 21:3-5

We know God said He will dwell in Jerusalem/Zion forever. Why would He not do this.
Why would God not move to earth to be with His people, just as it says He will?

Please notice 1 Kings 8:27; 1 Kings 8:30; 1 Kings 8:39; 1 Kings 8:43; 1 Kings 8:49 .

1Kings 8:27 “But will God really dwell on earth? The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built!
It appears that even heaven is not big enough for God. God is everywhere yet His presence can somehow be more in one place than another it seems and He has told us it will be in Jerusalem, the new one which comes down to earth.
1Kings 8:39 then hear from heaven, your dwelling place. Forgive and act; deal with everyone according to all they do, since you know their hearts (for you alone know every human heart),
This was concerning the old Temple, but in the New Jerusalem there will be no temple because God and the Lamb will be it's temple. (Rev 21:22)
I don't see any reason in 1Kings for God not to fulfil what He said in Revelations that He will do. It is the end of days and so why would things remain as they have always done. God will do what He has said He will do surely. He certainly is not going to refuse to fulfil what He has told us He will do because the Watchtower has interpreted doesn't think so. The Watchtower does have a reputation for being wrong when it comes to what God will do.

Rather, the New Heavens is connected to God's kingdom come.... ( thy kingdom come....) God's royal or kingly government over Earth for 1,000 years.
This 'coming' down is linked with Christ and his symbolic bride (heavenly co-rulers) composing a royal kingship and priesthood with Christ for a thousand years.

Well yes the New Jerusalem is connected with God's Kingdom coming here, and then staying here.