• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Know One Knows Your Heart

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The story says He came to earth so that He could die for us and that He told His disciples what would happen and went to Jerusalem to complete the job He came to do, die.
2000 years, 1000 years, 500 years, 100 years, last week. That does not matter. It's who Jesus is and what He did that is important. We all die but Jesus showed that does not have to be the end.

That is your belief based on a unverified atory

It is my belief having studied 1st century Rome is that jesus was an anarchist, terrorist member of the 4th philosophy zionist group and was executed for his crimes against Rome. Many of the stories attributed to JC are from the works of John the Baptiser who was unfortunately not as infamous as JC when the bible was compiled a few hundred years after his death.

Aint beliefs wonderful?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Jesus the great healer. Jesus the one who rose from the dead. Jesus the one who fulfilled the OT prophecies of the Messiah. That is not guesswork but I suppose you want to call it superstition, so by my guest.

So the bible says, my story based on knowledge of Rome is different

Story, without credible evidence, i have another story wirh precisely as much evidence.

No, he did not file the messianic prophecies, actually a long way from it

Thief

Rogue Theologian
even deeper....if your hand does anything at all
it's because you thought you should
or because you felt like it

as your emotional drive your heart can get you into a lot of trouble

an unbridled heart is fickle

Treasure Hunter

The one who was willing to die for us shows us we are precious to Him. What is worthy about rejecting that and dying without hope?
Hope can persist beyond the preservation of our preciousness. Hope is forward looking. Since preciousness is associated with memories of meaning from childhood, it is backward looking, and part of longing for the past.

There are ways to interpret the Christ story beyond the framework of childhood longing. Some of those other interpretations will afford more meaning.

Last edited:

Brian2

Veteran Member
did anyone notice the typo in the title

I just hate typos

Interestingly I did not notice till you pointed it out, but I walk around only half conscious most of the time anyway if my wife is to be believed. She has me believing it.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Hope can persist beyond the preservation of our preciousness. Hope is forward looking. Since preciousness is associated with memories of meaning from childhood, it is backward looking, and part of longing for the past.

There are ways to interpret the Christ story beyond the framework of childhood longing. Some of those other interpretations will afford more meaning.

More meaning is probably a subjective thing, but there is no use in more meaning or looking forward if there is nothing to look forward to.

Brian2

Veteran Member
That is your belief based on a unverified atory

It is my belief having studied 1st century Rome is that jesus was an anarchist, terrorist member of the 4th philosophy zionist group and was executed for his crimes against Rome. Many of the stories attributed to JC are from the works of John the Baptiser who was unfortunately not as infamous as JC when the bible was compiled a few hundred years after his death.

Aint beliefs wonderful?

Beliefs are indeed wonderful and interesting things.
The New Testament "official" compilation has nothing to do with the use of the writings in the early Church and the date of writing and authorship. If anything the latter enlightened the former.
I have heard many reasons that people have for not believing the authenticity of the New Testament. Yours in interesting. It still rejects the only source of who Jesus was and what He did and said for other sources from which, I doubt you could get the information you believe about Jesus.
So don't talk to me about unverified.:p

Brian2

Veteran Member
So the bible says, my story based on knowledge of Rome is different

Story, without credible evidence, i have another story wirh precisely as much evidence.

No, he did not file the messianic prophecies, actually a long way from it

No He did not fulfil all the Messianic prophecies and the Jews don't even see many of the prophecies about Him and what He would do as Messianic. If they did and if they believed the gospel story about Jesus then it would be clear to them that He is the Messiah and why the rest of the prophecies have to wait to be fulfilled.
And I doubt whether you have another story with precisely as much evidence. But interestingly you say you do believe that one. Maybe it is all be based on a naturalistic preconception of what is possible.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Beliefs are indeed wonderful and interesting things.
The New Testament "official" compilation has nothing to do with the use of the writings in the early Church and the date of writing and authorship. If anything the latter enlightened the former.
I have heard many reasons that people have for not believing the authenticity of the New Testament. Yours in interesting. It still rejects the only source of who Jesus was and what He did and said for other sources from which, I doubt you could get the information you believe about Jesus.
So don't talk to me about unverified.:p

I never said my sources were verified but just as valid as yours. And Roman history is very well documented.

In some cases written in stone.

ChristineM

Premium Member
No He did not fulfil all the Messianic prophecies

Correct

If they did

They don't

if they believed the gospel story about Jesus

They don't, i though we had already agreed on that

And I doubt whether you have another story with precisely as much evidence.

Oh i do, try the Talmud. Which is precisely as much evidence as the bible. Also as per the a Talmud, i have seen jesus dads grave stone. Not a god but a roman soldier.

Maybe it is all be based on a naturalistic preconception of what is possible.

As stated, my view is based on research into 1st century Rome. Actually thats not quite true, its research into 100 years either side of the ending of republic and beginning of empire.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
only you .....know you I believe that will change right after your last breath
In Scripture, Jesus could read hearts.
With us, our humanly imperfect hearts are treacherous according to Jeremiah 17:9.
Treacherous like we have a traitor inside of us.
The imperfect heart urges us to do something, and after we do it our figurative heart gives us all the reasons why we should Not have done what we did.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
In Scripture, Jesus could read hearts.
With us, our humanly imperfect hearts are treacherous according to Jeremiah 17:9.
Treacherous like we have a traitor inside of us.
The imperfect heart urges us to do something, and after we do it our figurative heart gives us all the reasons why we should Not have done what we did.
perhaps this......

your heart might rationalize for you
finding reasons to condone the misdeed

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
perhaps this......your heart might rationalize for you finding reasons to condone the misdeed

That is why God gave us the Scriptures and gave us His Son Jesus to expound and explain Scripture for us so we would Not condone the misdeed.
For example: religious customs or religious traditions outside of Scripture would be wrong - Mark 7:7; Matthew 15:9 ; Isaiah 29:13