• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Know One Knows Your Heart

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
It's strange to think that an omniscient being could exist, and that they'd be able to know my experiences in a way as intimately as I experienced them myself. Nothing like that exists that I'm aware of... Not exactly sure I'd know what that would look like. I can only guess.

Treasure Hunter

There is no glory in death that is absent of life. Reassurance, when connected to an imagined preciousness about ourselves, is not worthy. Reject what is not worthy for a chance to find what is.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
My heart is a muscle for pumping blood all thought, emotion, conscience etc goes on in my brain.

Brian2

Veteran Member
There is no glory in death that is absent of life. Reassurance, when connected to an imagined preciousness about ourselves, is not worthy. Reject what is not worthy for a chance to find what is.

The one who was willing to die for us shows us we are precious to Him. What is worthy about rejecting that and dying without hope?

Brian2

Veteran Member
My heart is a muscle for pumping blood all thought, emotion, conscience etc goes on in my brain.

The heart is symbolic of what gives our brain life and enables us to be conscious. A machine can only be conscious in the imaginations of those why have a naturalistic world view.

ChristineM

Premium Member
The heart is symbolic of what gives our brain life and enables us to be conscious. A machine can only be conscious in the imaginations of those why have a naturalistic world view.

Yes i know what some people belive, that makes no difference to reality.

ChristineM

Premium Member
The one who was willing to die for us shows us we are precious to Him. What is worthy about rejecting that and dying without hope?

Willing to die? Surely he had no choice in the matter, the story says he was executed.

What is the point of hope in a 2000 year old story, death happens to us all.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
OIP.Ab68vPGEPrkxHer66WOkRAHaLc

ChristineM

Premium Member
Your reality is what you believe. My reality is what I believe. No doubt we can't both be right nevertheless of course.

My belief is based on medical science. I am sure you are content with your belief in guesswork and superstition

Brian2

Veteran Member
Willing to die? Surely he had no choice in the matter, the story says he was executed.

What is the point of hope in a 2000 year old story, death happens to us all.

The story says He came to earth so that He could die for us and that He told His disciples what would happen and went to Jerusalem to complete the job He came to do, die.
2000 years, 1000 years, 500 years, 100 years, last week. That does not matter. It's who Jesus is and what He did that is important. We all die but Jesus showed that does not have to be the end.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I believe we end up alongside others that think and feel as we do
how else to be happy?
how else to be fair?

I have posted that .....sooooooooooo many times

for this thread....let's say that happens
and guess what....

you enter the next life unable to hide what you think and feel

you entered this life naked....and into the arms of someone who cared

you leave this life....naked

Brian2

Veteran Member
My belief is based on medical science. I am sure you are content with your belief in guesswork and superstition

Jesus the great healer. Jesus the one who rose from the dead. Jesus the one who fulfilled the OT prophecies of the Messiah. That is not guesswork but I suppose you want to call it superstition, so by my guest.

Brian2

Veteran Member
I believe we end up alongside others that think and feel as we do
how else to be happy?
how else to be fair?

I have posted that .....sooooooooooo many times

for this thread....let's say that happens
and guess what....

you enter the next life unable to hide what you think and feel

you entered this life naked....and into the arms of someone who cared

you leave this life....naked

Sounds fair. (shudder)