• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Know One Knows Your Heart

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I make no dogmatic approach to heaven

I think heaven would not be fooled by any gesture

and it is written.....
there are no works of the hand that justify before God

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
and more....we dream.....as if seeking our hearts desire if that's true?????
You might find of interest Psalms 145:16 because it speaks of our heart's desire.
So, instead of just material things Jesus informs us Not to just live by the material - Matthew 4:4
Everlasting life is put in our hearts - Ecclesiastes 3:11 - for we can count both forwards and backwards forever and ever without end.
What David wrote in Psalms 37 should be of encouragement for all who love righteousness.
So, whatever righteous desires we have Jesus can fulfill for us during his coming thousand-year reign over Earth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I make no dogmatic approach to heaven I think heaven would not be fooled by any gesture and it is written.....
there are no works of the hand that justify before God

What about the approach to: everlasting life on Earth.
Eternal life on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.
Adam was never offered Earth as just a stepping stone to another place.
Jesus promised Earth to righteous people - Matthew 5:5 and Matthew 25:37 as also mentioned in Psalms 37.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
What about the approach to: everlasting life on Earth.
Eternal life on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.
Adam was never offered Earth as just a stepping stone to another place.
Jesus promised Earth to righteous people - Matthew 5:5 and Matthew 25:37 as also mentioned in Psalms 37.
God is Spirit
the sons of God are spirit

the kingdom is not of this world

there are two resurrections

one unto life
the other ...unto death

Brian2

Veteran Member
I never said my sources were verified but just as valid as yours. And Roman history is very well documented.

In some cases written in stone.

""It is my belief having studied 1st century Rome is that jesus was an anarchist, terrorist member of the 4th philosophy zionist group and was executed for his crimes against Rome. Many of the stories attributed to JC are from the works of John the Baptiser who was unfortunately not as infamous as JC when the bible was compiled a few hundred years after his death.""
Really, are these stories as valid as the story of Jesus in the gospels? How do you work that out?

Brian2

Veteran Member
Oh i do, try the Talmud. Which is precisely as much evidence as the bible. Also as per the a Talmud, i have seen jesus dads grave stone. Not a god but a roman soldier.

You have seen a grave stone of a Roman soldier with the same name that somebody with no connection to Jesus made up as probably a derogatory reference to Jesus and the virgin birth.
Not really as good as 1st century stories from witnesses.
[/QUOTE]

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
""It is my belief having studied 1st century Rome is that jesus was an anarchist, terrorist member of the 4th philosophy zionist group and was executed for his crimes against Rome. Many of the stories attributed to JC are from the works of John the Baptiser who was unfortunately not as infamous as JC when the bible was compiled a few hundred years after his death.""
Really, are these stories as valid as the story of Jesus in the gospels? How do you work that out?

Yes and some even have indipendant evidence to back them up, unlike the bible.

ChristineM

Premium Member
You have seen a grave stone of a Roman soldier with the same name that somebody with no connection to Jesus made up as probably a derogatory reference to Jesus and the virgin birth.
Not really as good as 1st century stories from witnesses.

Not what the witnesses who wrote the talmud say but hey, that's a whole difference belief than yours.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
God is Spirit
the sons of God are spirit
the kingdom is not of this world
there are two resurrections
one unto life
the other ...unto death

The wicked are Not resurrected but they are destroyed - Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35; Isaiah 11:3-4; Matthew 12:32
The first or earlier resurrection mentioned at Revelation 20:6 are for people like those of Luke 22:28-30; Daniel 7:18; Revelation 2:10 to Heaven.
No one who died before Jesus died (John 3:13; Acts 2:34) is resurrected to Heaven but will be resurrected back to physical life on Earth.
This is why the people of Hebrews chapter 11 have Not yet seen the fulfillment of that earthly promise - Hebrews 11:13; Hebrews 11:39.

Right, the kingdom is Not of this world, Please notice Now it's Jerusalem *above* as the seat of government - Galatians 4:26.
In other words, God's heavenly kingdom will govern over Earth from Heaven. Just as heavenly Jesus is Now head of the Christian congregation.
Yes, God is a spirit person and so are His angels or His angelic sons who were created before human Adam.- Job 38:7
Adam was never a spirit person, and Adam was never offered Heaven but only everlasting life on Earth.
Those of us Not called to Heaven are offered the opportunity to live forever on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The wicked are Not resurrected but they are destroyed - Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35; Isaiah 11:3-4; Matthew 12:32
The first or earlier resurrection mentioned at Revelation 20:6 are for people like those of Luke 22:28-30; Daniel 7:18; Revelation 2:10 to Heaven.
No one who died before Jesus died (John 3:13; Acts 2:34) is resurrected to Heaven but will be resurrected back to physical life on Earth.
This is why the people of Hebrews chapter 11 have Not yet seen the fulfillment of that earthly promise - Hebrews 11:13; Hebrews 11:39.

Right, the kingdom is Not of this world, Please notice Now it's Jerusalem *above* as the seat of government - Galatians 4:26.
In other words, God's heavenly kingdom will govern over Earth from Heaven. Just as heavenly Jesus is Now head of the Christian congregation.
Yes, God is a spirit person and so are His angels or His angelic sons who were created before human Adam.- Job 38:7
Adam was never a spirit person, and Adam was never offered Heaven but only everlasting life on Earth.
Those of us Not called to Heaven are offered the opportunity to live forever on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.
I see...that you are reciting what you have read

Brian2

Veteran Member
Not what the witnesses who wrote the talmud say but hey, that's a whole difference belief than yours.

How does a probably 2nd century talmudic remark which reflects the opinion of Jews of the day, have anything to do with "witnesses"?

Brian2

Veteran Member

I see nothing there that says the wicked are not resurrected. On the other hand I see these amongst other passages.
Rev 20:12 I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God’s throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to what they had done, as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up its dead, and death and the grave gave up their dead. And all were judged according to their deeds.
Acts 24:14........I believe everything that is laid down by the Law and written in the Prophets, 15and I have the same hope in God that they themselves cherish, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked.

Isn't it true that New Jerusalem comes down out of heaven and that the Lamb and God will be there (Rev 21) and that the OT tells us that God has chosen Jerusalem as the place to make His home forever(Psalm 132:13,14) and that the OT saints live there and all those of faith. ( Heb 11:10-12....as numerous as the stars. Does this mean there are 2 New Jerusalems?)
Hebrews 11:16 Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.
Rev 3:12The one who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will never again leave it. Upon him I will write the name of My God, and the name ofthe city of My God (the new Jerusalem that comes down out of heaven from My God), and My new name.

ChristineM

Premium Member
How does a probably 2nd century talmudic remark which reflects the opinion of Jews of the day, have anything to do with "witnesses"?

What witnesses? Oh right those mentioned in the bible (compiled in the late 4th century) that verify the story in the bible.

MonkeyFire

I think we are and become part of nature and our nutrients are supped up into the groin and we become people again.

Brian2

Veteran Member
What witnesses? Oh right those mentioned in the bible (compiled in the late 4th century) that verify the story in the bible.

I was talking about your comment about the "witnesses who wrote the talmud".
But "compiled in the 4th century " does not mean "written in the 4th century".
The NT is a collection of writings seen as authentic and from the 1st century and used in churches then etc and as a "collection" of documents written by different people at different times they can be used to verify other documents in the NT.
Maybe they are rejected as history because they are seen as biased because the writers also were believers.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Third party from independent sources,

So someone who repeats a rumour is considered a 3rd party from an independent source even if they were biased against the Christians, and maybe even believed the rumours as the Christians who wrote the NT believed the rumours they heard about Jesus. The difference being that the writers of the NT were witnesses to what they wrote or heard the stories from witnesses.

ChristineM

Premium Member
The NT is a collection of writings seen as authentic and from the 1st century and used in churches then etc and as a "collection" of documents written by different people at different times they can be used to verify other documents in the NT.

Seen as authentic by those who want to see it as authentic without external evidence to confirm. I.e
Confirmation bias.

Maybe they are rejected as history because they are seen as biased because the writers also were believers.

Or maybe rejected as history because there is no evidence to verify the main points as accurate. As any good story, it does use some facts to give it credence, background characters who are know to have lived and places that are also known to have existed

So someone who repeats a rumour is considered a 3rd party from an independent source even if they were biased against the Christians, and maybe even believed the rumours as the Christians who wrote the NT believed the rumours they heard about Jesus. The difference being that the writers of the NT were witnesses to what they wrote or heard the stories from witnesses.

I am not sure you have a grasp on what constitutes evidence, no rumours involved. And what is bias to do with it if someone documented what they saw.

Can yoy say for sure that at least some of whe data used to compile the NT was not edited, changed or even created at the time it eas compiled? There is after all very little original evidence.