• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kai a Mod?

kai

ragamuffin
Kai on the mod squad. happy days. :yes:
Great having you on board mate, and sorry it took me so much time to get to this thread. :eek:

With the UK being a bastion for literature and music...
-Who are your favorite English writers and which classic English stories are your favorite? (im pretty sure no one asked that?)
-what were you doing when the Punk scene was born? and did you identify with any of the other scenes? :D
-What do you think of London?
-which parts of your nation's history are most relevant and interesting to you?
-Were you deployed outside the British isles as a member of the Parachute Regiment? if I recall, you were also in the middle east.

cheers caladan.

you know i may sound a little strange but i dont really read stories ,i love history , anything on history and i will read it.

Punk was a breathe of fresh air at the time although i wasn't really into it i loved the re-emergence of Mods and ska music though.

London? you know the old saying "its great but i wouldn't want to live there"

My countries history is rich and varied i love all of it from Stonehenge to the present, military history is a favourite though. The military History of Britain is fascinating. right now i am reading a small book called Hougoumont "the key to Victory at Waterloo" by Julian Paget and Derek Saunders.

I have served all over including N.ireland ,the Balkans, Iraq and Afghanistan my son is in Afghanistan right now as is my nephew.I have also travelled as a tourist and visited Israel I loved it always wanted to go back but never did. I was so jealous of your Egypt pictures thats always been a dream that never materialised for me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hougoumont

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
London? you know the old saying "its great but i wouldn't want to live there"
LOL, got ya. I did rent a place and work for a few months in London, while neglecting the rest of England.

My countries history is rich and varied i love all of it from Stonehenge to the present, military history is a favourite though. The military History of Britain is fascinating. right now i am reading a small book called Hougoumont "the key to Victory at Waterloo" by Julian Paget and Derek Saunders.
*nods*. when I was excavating at Arsuf during the last summer, apart from having Britons digging with us, we also know of Brits who want to relive the battle of Arsuf that took place in the area, which was fought between the forces of Richard and Saladin, and which resulted in an absolute decisive win for Richard's forces.

I have served all over including N.ireland ,the Balkans, Iraq and Afghanistan my son is in Afghanistan right now as is my nephew.I have also travelled as a tourist and visited Israel I loved it always wanted to go back but never did. I was so jealous of your Egypt pictures thats always been a dream that never materialised for me.
That's an impressive resume, how long did you serve in the forces?
and what year were you in Israel? ;)
I like posting my photos on the forum, just for the interest of other people, who are interested in history, religious aspects, and culture in general, especially since its easier for me to travel to places like Egypt and Jordan, and I can provide a window for people.
I wish all the best for your son and nephew. I hope their tours will be successful, and for them to return to the UK in the same way and just as they arrived in Afghanistan.

kai

ragamuffin
LOL, got ya. I did rent a place and work for a few months in London, while neglecting the rest of England.
Britain is a beautiful you should take a look around sometime if you get the chance
*nods*. when I was excavating at Arsuf during the last summer, apart from having Britons digging with us, we also know of Brits who want to relive the battle of Arsuf that took place in the area, which was fought between the forces of Richard and Saladin, and which resulted in an absolute decisive win for Richard's forces.
Another fascinating subject

That's an impressive resume, how long did you serve in the forces? 15 years and some reserve, i joined up quite late in life after a rather aimless meandering i kind of settled.
and what year were you in Israel? ;) I was in Israel around 1986
I like posting my photos on the forum, just for the interest of other people, who are interested in history, religious aspects, and culture in general, especially since its easier for me to travel to places like Egypt and Jordan, and I can provide a window for people. keep on posting ,fantastic photos
I wish all the best for your son and nephew. I hope their tours will be successful, and for them to return to the UK in the same way and just as they arrived in Afghanistan.
Thank you.

challupa

Kai as a mod!! that's great. I always enjoy your posts, I usually get to learn something new... Congrats
five.gif

Reactions: kai

.lava

Veteran Member
hi again :)

do you remember your childhood? did you have a dream as child? you know, some kids want to be fireman or doctor..etc. how about you?

ps: 10.000.000...at last :D

kai

ragamuffin
hi again :)

do you remember your childhood? did you have a dream as child? you know, some kids want to be fireman or doctor..etc. how about you?

ps: 10.000.000...at last :D

I always wanted to be an Archaeologist but that was far far out of my reach. there are lots more opportunities for my children than their ever were for my generation .

I had very little formal education but i got interested in the Territorial Army ( part time) Then i joined the regulars The Army kind of saved me from a life of crime i think, most of the people i grew up with on my estate ended up on the wrong side of the tracks .

.lava

Veteran Member
I always wanted to be an Archaeologist but that was far far out of my reach. there are lots more opportunities for my children than their ever were for my generation .

I had very little formal education but i got interested in the Territorial Army ( part time) Then i joined the regulars The Army kind of saved me from a life of crime i think, most of the people i grew up with on my estate ended up on the wrong side of the tracks .

i am glad you've made right choices :) how old were you when you joined Territorial Army?

kai

ragamuffin
i am glad you've made right choices :) how old were you when you joined Territorial Army?

well that a good question because i kind of flirted around in and out for years I first got involved around the age of 19. I was always interested but it was peer pressure that kept me out. No political reasons just because it was considered like going to Borstal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borstal

.lava

Veteran Member
well that a good question because i kind of flirted around in and out for years I first got involved around the age of 19. I was always interested but it was peer pressure that kept me out. No political reasons just because it was considered like going to Borstal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borstal

Borstal..so, it had a tough training? that's what i'd expect from military training. sort of cruel but makes you stronger

kai

ragamuffin
i like kai when he agrees with my posts :D

What does your name mean?kai

you know theres people here that hardly ever agree with but respect their views and beleifs and hey i like them anyway! ha ha

Kai is a popular given name normally spelt Cai, from Arthurian legend

"nine nights and nine days his breath lasted under water, nine nights and nine days would he be without sleep. A wound from Cai's sword no physician might heal. When it pleased him, he would be as tall as the tallest tree in the forest. When the rain was heaviest, whatever he held in his hand would be dry for a handbreadth before and behind, because of the greatness of his heat, and, when his companions were coldest, he would be as fuel for them to light a fire".

http://www.kingarthursknights.com/knights/kay.asp

Renji

Kai is a popular given name normally spelt Cai, from Arthurian legend

"nine nights and nine days his breath lasted under water, nine nights and nine days would he be without sleep. A wound from Cai's sword no physician might heal. When it pleased him, he would be as tall as the tallest tree in the forest. When the rain was heaviest, whatever he held in his hand would be dry for a handbreadth before and behind, because of the greatness of his heat, and, when his companions were coldest, he would be as fuel for them to light a fire".

Small world! I have a professor before who's nickname is Kai. We call him sir Kai.:D

I humbly ask, how's your RF experience so far?

kai

ragamuffin
Small world! I have a professor before who's nickname is Kai. We call him sir Kai.:D

I humbly ask, how's your RF experience so far?

I love it , i came here to find things out i have spoken to all kinds of people with all kinds of faiths from all over the world its a fascinating place, full of fascinating people.

Renji

I love it , i came here to find things out i have spoken to all kinds of people with all kinds of faiths from all over the world its a fascinating place, full of fascinating people.

Just curious, how's being a Mod so far?

kai

ragamuffin
Just curious, how's being a Mod so far?

I like it! i like contributing to the forum, i like adding my penny's worth to the decisions that are made. the only downside is i have less time to spend on the forums.

fatima_bintu_islam

Thats a picture of one of all time favourite movies "one flew over a cuckoos nest " Its Jack Nickolson as Randle Patrick McMurphy

I know that movie lol, my dad told me that when he was in the military school ( in the first years, he didnt complete it) they used to give them movies like this one to watch, he said they wanted to drive them crazy lol

Reactions: kai