• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just Accidental?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Maybe you should submit a design for your own brand of living duck, that would be something!!

Actually you missed my point but I could design a living duck just like humans designed varieties of Dogs, Cats, Horse's as their needs desired.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
As you may have noticed, ducks and apes are not, in fact, the same thing.

Beauty is needed for procreation as you said.

58545d1245324649-chimp-attack-screaming-chimp.jpg

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
You are aware that different species have different mating rituals aren't you?

If not, it should be easy enough to find a few documentaries on Youtube or Animal Planet to help you reach an elementary level of understanding.

As usual a foolish comment from a human animal.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
They just designed themselves to be too irresistible to their women? Really? :confused: How did they do that? Did they imagine a design long enough for the outfit to materialize out of thin air?
The world's top designers would win awards for color co-ordination and fashion accessories like these.

Awesome statement.
When younger I PAID bucks to hunt the little wood duck.
One needed a State hunting license, Federal Permit and State Permit to harvest ONE duck.
Often I didn't even get the one.
The money went to waterfowl habitat.
Hunters are responsible for the conservation of the species.
Over the years I saw an increase in the population from seeing a flock of a few to flocks of hundreds.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
images
images
images
images
images
images
images

These are a few different species of ducks....one can only marvel at their artistic designs and color schemes.

Who could possibly think that these just evolved and turned out like this through the process of gene mutations and adaptation? What survival advantage is there in being this beautiful?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. How awesome would these color schemes be to someone that's completely color blind, or just blind for that matter. Try explaining what you see to that person.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You do have to be pretty gullible to buy into non Theistic evolution!!
Why? There are so many biological functions and anatomy arrangements that make sense without guided evolution but makes a designer look incompetent. Numerous fatal flaws, such as uterine lining in the fallopian tube which makes ectopic pregnancy possible, or a larynx used for both respiration and swallowing, making choking an unnecessary hazard, or lacking an enzyme which even other primates have to manufacture our own vitamin c, making scurvy a real threat, veins that have inefficient layouts, eyes which are backwards and allows for blindspots, if a god wanted to design to reflect hid power and wisdom, and that design is biology, then it's no wonder why biologists are the least religious of any scientific field.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Who could possibly think that these just evolved and turned out like this through the process of gene mutations and adaptation?
Pretty much anyone who researched the matter. Except for the specific mechanics, that goes back to at least the 19th century.

What survival advantage is there in being this beautiful?
Mate selection, for one.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
They just designed themselves to be too irresistible to their women? Really? :confused: How did they do that? Did they imagine a design long enough for the outfit to materialize out of thin air?
No, it was not intentional at all, unless you count the female birds choice of mates. It comes from random change and natural selection.

The world's top designers would win awards for color co-ordination and fashion accessories like these.
The world's top designers can't be at every bird conception to try random combinations and wait until the females choose their mates.

Nor can they do that for thousands of generations.

You do have to be pretty gullible to buy into non Theistic evolution!!

Hardly. All it takes is some measure of awareness of the known facts, of the general lines of the research and of statistics.

Status
Not open for further replies.