• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jung Test

Alceste

Vagabond
slightly expressed introvert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed thinking personality
moderately expressed perceiving personality

Architect. Keirsey Temperament Website - Portrait of the Rational Architect (INTP)

This made me chuckle: " It is difficult for an Architect to listen to nonsense, even in a casual conversation, without pointing out the speaker's error. And in any serious discussion or debate Architects are devastating, their skill in framing arguments giving them an enormous advantage. Architects regard all discussions as a search for understanding, and believe their function is to eliminate inconsistencies, which can make communication with them an uncomfortable experience for many."

Sorry about that. ;)

Levite

Higher and Higher
INFP

The Idealist

As an INFP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit into your personal value system. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in primarily via your intuition.

INFPs generally have the following traits:

• [*] Strong value systems
    [*] Warmly interested in people
    [*] Service-oriented, usually putting the needs of others above their own
    [*] Loyal and devoted to people and causes
    [*] Future-oriented
    [*] Growth-oriented; always want to be growing in a positive direction
    [*] Creative and inspirational
    [*] Flexible and laid-back, unless a ruling principle is violated
    [*] Sensitive and complex
    [*] Dislike dealing with details and routine work
    [*] Original and individualistic - "out of the mainstream"
    [*] Excellent written communication skills
    [*] Prefer to work alone, and may have problems working on teams
    [*] Value deep and authentic relationships
    [*] Want to be seen and appreciated for who they are
Possible Career Paths for the INFP:

• [*] Writers
    [*] Counselors / Social Workers
    [*] Teachers / Professors
    [*] Psychologists
    [*] Psychiatrists
    [*] Musicians
    [*] Clergy / Religious Workers

--

Wow, that is pretty good, especially since I'm a rabbi and teacher who writes and sings in his off-time.... They pretty much got all that right on....

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
Where are my fellow ENFPs? Holla at me!

I just said "holla". Can one lose frubals?

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
From another board: I've taken this a number of time and it's funny to see it's fluctuations.

INFP
89 50 12 33
INFJ
44 38 12 1
INFJ
89 50 50 11
And Today's:

ISFP
78 1 56 17

A less solid I
A pretty surprising drop in Perceiving and this is the first S I've ever scored.
Consistent F
The pendulum swings on the J-P :D
It's interesting to think of where and when I took this, what was going on for me.

• Today I'm in the same city for 7 months, haven't had a particularly good time of it. Haven't been working, went through spells of being really down, and have recently been feeling better about things.

• This time,I was in a new city finding my place.

• The last time I took this I had been settled for a time in the city I lived, enjoying my experience there.

• And the time before that I had just moved to that city and had a low opinion ,at the time, of it.[/quote]

Myers-Briggs description

According to Myers-Briggs, ISFPs are peaceful, easygoing people who adopt a "live and let live" approach to life. They enjoy taking things at their own pace and tend to live in the moment. Although quiet, they are pleasant, considerate, caring, and devoted to the people in their lives. Though not inclined to debate or necessarily even air their views, their values are important to them.

Keirsey description

According to Keirsey, Composer Artisans are grounded in the here and now. They are extremely sensitive to their environment, attuned to the perceptions of their five senses even more than other sensing types are. They notice small variations in their physical world or in the people around them. They are very sensitive to balance and understand well what does or does not fit, whether in a work of art or any other aspect of their lives. ISFPs are highly conscious of their companions, but they prefer to allow others to direct their own lives. ISFPs tend to be emotionally well rounded and empathetic toward others.

It doesn't set as strongly with me as some others have, but feel there are parts of this that are MORE accurate than previous assessments as well.

INFP

INFJ

Last edited:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I am an ENFJ:

"Even more than the other Idealists,Teachers have a natural talent for leading students or trainees toward learning, or as Idealists like to think of it, they are capable of calling forth each learner's potentials. Teachers (around two percent of the population) are able - effortlessly, it seems, and almost endlessly-to dream up fascinating learning activities for their students to engage in. In some Teachers, this ability to fire the imagination can amount to a kind of genius which other types find hard to emulate. But perhaps their greatest strength lies in their belief in their students. Teachers look for the best in their students, and communicate clearly that each one has untold potential, and this confidence can inspire their students to grow and develop more than they ever thought possible.

In whatever field they choose, Teachers consider people their highest priority, and they instinctively communicate personal concern and a willingness to become involved. Warmly outgoing, and perhaps the most expressive of all the types, Teachers are remarkably good with language, especially when communicating in speech, face to face. And they do not hesitate to speak out and let their feelings be known. Bubbling with enthusiasm, Teachers will voice their passions with dramatic flourish, and can, with practice, become charismatic public speakers. This verbal ability gives Teachers a good deal of influence in groups, and they are often asked to take a leadership role.

Teachers like things settled and organized, and will schedule their work hours and social engagements well ahead of time -- and they are absolutely trustworthy in honoring these commitments. Valuing as they do interpersonal cooperation and harmonious relations, Teachers are extraordinarily tolerant of others, are easy to get along with, and are usually popular wherever they are.

Teachers are highly sensitive to others, which is to say their intuition tends to be well developed. Certainly their insight into themselves and others is unparalleled. Without a doubt, they know what is going on inside themselves, and they can read other people with uncanny accuracy. Teachers also identify with others quite easily, and will actually find themselves picking up the characteristics, emotions, and beliefs of those around them. Because they slip almost unconsciously into other people's skin in this way, Teachers feel closely connected with those around them, and thus show a sincere interest in the joys and problems of their employees, colleagues, students, clients, and loved ones."

This makes perfect sense. Prior to being a bank manager, I was a sales manager and prior to that, a corporate trainer, and prior to that, I was an HR consultant who helped small to midsize companies develop good HR policies and procedures, and I helped train the management team to implement these new procedures.

Looking back on my career, I see that the constant is TEACHING and guiding. I really, really love setting goals with a team and then leading them toward achieving those goals. I do this by really getting to know each member of the team, and by figuring out what motivates each of them - then putting together the right mix in order to help each of them reach their own personal goals while also helping the team reach team goals.

Everybody wins, and everybody feels great about it. I LOVE THAT!

Dezzie

[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+2]INFJ[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Introverted: 78%
Intuitive:
50%
Feeling:
62%
Judging:
22%

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
When you consider that I usually have scored Mastermind, well this is an amusing addition... :rolleyes:
I have to go stick my head in a snowbank now.
Back to INTJ, the Mastermind. Muahahahahahaha.

Introverted: 6%
Intuitive:
75%
Feeling: 12
%
Judging:
33%

Obviously, when I am not marshaling my forces, I am forever plotting...

"What are we going to do tonight?"

Last edited: