• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus was Black

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Ha! My brother looks like he could have been the model for the Shroud of Turin. Same Irish facial features and Hippy length hair and beard.
my hair is quite short nowadays
but in my thirties I was a dead ringer for the Warner Sallman painting

Kelly of the Phoenix

Way back during Jesus' earthwalk, the Israelites, like the Egyptians, were black. That's why Mary and Joseph, his parents, were directed to take him to Egypt when Herod the king was on a rampage to kill all the Hebrew boys, and they stayed in Egypt until Herod died.
Why is it when anyone posits Egyptians were black always post a picture or two of a time when Nubians were in charge of the country, but always fail to post the pictures of much lighter-skinned brown people (Middle Easterners) that take up all the rest of their history?

You cannot expect a White baby to be hidden where the people were black.
Greeks and Romans should've had a pretty decent presence in Egypt too, given the time period. Heck, Cleopatra had already happened and she was Macedonian, not even full-blooded Egyptian. Egypt may have had the Library of Alexandria but it weren't blacks who named it that.

They took baby Jesus there to hide him because the Israelites and Egyptians looked the same.
They took him there because Herod has already had experience with ticking off the Romans who had already slept with its queen on multiple occasions and nothing quite says "overkill" like what the Romans would do if you showed up on their turf. The Herods were knee-deep in all that Julius to Augustus crap.

There are many paintings and artifacts made before 3rd century AD, and you can see that the Egyptians are a black (dark African) people.
Again, you know nothing of Egyptian history outside of some stupid racist blog I've seen linked to on other forums. The black people come from a time when Nubians (Ethiopians) ran the country in between real Egyptian dynasties. Jesus ...

As I mentioned, Joseph and Moses were mistaken as Egyptians.
How do you even GET that? Joseph was clearly Canaanite and Moses' ENTIRE origin story is about him being adopted and how he ultimately felt different from everyone else, so he murdered some guy and then became a religious terrorist/insurrectionist.

It is thought that perhaps Joe and Moses harken to times when Semites (and then Nubians) conquered Egypt, but Egyptians have been and always shall be Middle Easterners.

Joseph looked so much like the Egyptians that even his own brothers could not distinguish him from them.
The last time they saw their brother was when they ditched him a well as a kid. He wasn't a beaten up boy but a powerful man. Some people can't even recognize their own family members if they just go get a haircut.

They were so angry at the beauty and royalty of Queen Nefertiti that they smashed her whole face....
huh?
And they said, An Egyptian delivered us out of the land of the shepherds...
He was, up until he fled, nationally an Egyptian. That's like saying Americans can't be different colors.

f Moses was already white-skinned, what would have been the miracle in turning the skin of his hand white?
*sigh*

In the Book of Acts, the Apostle Paul was also mistaken as an Egyptian. When the Apostle Paul was being led by a Roman Captain, Paul (speaking in the Greek language) asked for permission to speak with him. The chief captain was surprised that Paul could speak Greek and in verse 38, he asked Paul, Acts 21:38 "Art not thou that Egyptian, which before these days madest an uproar, and leddest out into the wilderness four thousand men that were murderers?" (39) But Paul said, I am a man which am a Jew of Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, a citizen of no mean city: and, I beseech thee, suffer me to speak unto the people.
Romans and Egyptians weren't getting along, IIRC. Paul was only too happy to claim Roman citizenship to avoid being summarily executed like other Jews, so does that mean he looked European? Or can we admit that empires have multiracial populations?
Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel? saith the Lord.
Aren't there Jewish Ethiopians?
Their visage is blacker than a coal; they are not known in the streets: their skin cleaveth to their bones; it is withered, it is become like a stick.
AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

TO WHAT IS LAMENTATIONS REFERRING? BODIES BY THE TRUCK FULL ARE BEING BURNED BECAUSE THE CITY WAS SACKED!

Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine.
Go through a famine and you won't look so great either.

I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.
Isn't this supposed to be the Queen of Sheba (who DOESN'T live in Israel) talking about the great sex she's getting with Solomon (who DOES live in Israel)?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't really have anything to add that hasn't already been said. Jesus definitely wouldn't have been white, and he probably wouldn't have been African black, but he probably looked like other Middle Easterners with the wheat-colored skin (to use Smart Guy's description).

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Why is it when anyone posits Egyptians were black always post a picture or two of a time when Nubians were in charge of the country, but always fail to post the pictures of much lighter-skinned brown people (Middle Easterners) that take up all the rest of their history?

^ This, exactly this. Glad someone mentioned the Nubians before I did. No doubt the existence of all the frescoes depicting Egyptians who aren't as black as, say, Kenyans, is part of the Great White Conspiracy or something daft.

Last edited:

PeteC-UK

Hi Folks...

Man I really hate this "colour" issue - especially when applied to the Divine of all things - as if THEY are a reflection of US - ludicrous.....

And look - honestly - here in life there is no such thing either as a black man OR a white man - as IN FACT we are ALL a shade of BROWN - every last one of us - there is NOBODY that has absolutely black skin nor perfectly white skin either - we have the whole range in between though and are all the same SPECIES of animal - lets not then inflict our mortal confusion as if it applies to the Divine...

Its quite laughable - ludicrous - we fail to realise - CHRIST in an ETERNAL DIVINE BEING- - it existed way way BEFORE any mortal form at all of any colour was ever created...He just HAPPENED to choose that time and place to incarnate - and therefore,among THOSE people He RESEMBLED HIS PARENTS - naturally - as we all do...lol....In fact then, He was NEITHER - as a mortal either black like an African nor was He while like an Englishman - LUDICROUS - He was born MORTALLY to ARAB parents,and so,HE MORTALLY resembles an ARAB - as said - neither black nor white but a BROWN skinned person (as we all are in truth)....

And the absurdity continued - the description of a MESSIAH in the bible with white woolly hair etc etc.....think about it Folks - it is NOT A MORTAL that John encounters there is it .?....No - it is a SPIRITUAL ENCOUNTER - at that point Christ as NO PHYSICAL BODY AT ALL - and i will tell you from such direct experiences that what you encoutner will be tailor made to fit that which is acceptable to you - Angels, the Divine - appear how YOU want them to look Folks - check out the ORIGINAL gospel of Jon that contains the ORIGINAL encounter,and you will say John says clearly,this spirit repeatedly CHANGED SHAPE AND FORM.....If we want truth then lets have it all please..

So trying to infer His "natural Divine condition" as being either a white or black and MORTAL man - is rather - naive on the one hand - more than a little nefarious of course - and on the other hand - is entirely - stupid,pointless..??.......(unless the attempt is made to promote either black or white supremacy - which to Christ,simply did not exist - didnt He speak always about UNITY and EQUALITY of SPIRIT..??)......Black Christ White Christ - just shows the ignorance of the masses Im afraid - led by the nose to believe whatever they decide to feed you next....

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I have no problem with Jesus being black, and its not a bad idea considering how fake the popular version of Jesus looks. He doesn't look like a carpenter at all or healthy either.

GoodbyeDave

The OPs post on Egypt is even worse that the original one on Jesus. We have any number of wall paintings and papyri where the Egyptians depict themselves. We also have their depictions of Nubians and Negroes, and they are quite clear about the differences in features and skin colour. One thing that can mislead is a convention which was carried over into Greek art: upper-class men and women are painted very differently. The women are shown very pale, presumably to emphasise that they weren't peasants who had to work in the sun, while the men are suntanned, presumably to imply that they followed "manly" open-air pursuits, like warfare or hunting. As well as their own art, we have the accounts Classical authors and the mummies of the Egyptians themselves. The ancient Egyptians would look just like modern ones.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Hi Folks...

Man I really hate this "colour" issue - especially when applied to the Divine of all things - as if THEY are a reflection of US - ludicrous.....

And look - honestly - here in life there is no such thing either as a black man OR a white man - as IN FACT we are ALL a shade of BROWN - every last one of us - there is NOBODY that has absolutely black skin nor perfectly white skin either - we have the whole range in between though and are all the same SPECIES of animal - lets not then inflict our mortal confusion as if it applies to the Divine...

Its quite laughable - ludicrous - we fail to realise - CHRIST in an ETERNAL DIVINE BEING- - it existed way way BEFORE any mortal form at all of any colour was ever created...He just HAPPENED to choose that time and place to incarnate - and therefore,among THOSE people He RESEMBLED HIS PARENTS - naturally - as we all do...lol....In fact then, He was NEITHER - as a mortal either black like an African nor was He while like an Englishman - LUDICROUS - He was born MORTALLY to ARAB parents,and so,HE MORTALLY resembles an ARAB - as said - neither black nor white but a BROWN skinned person (as we all are in truth)....

And the absurdity continued - the description of a MESSIAH in the bible with white woolly hair etc etc.....think about it Folks - it is NOT A MORTAL that John encounters there is it .?....No - it is a SPIRITUAL ENCOUNTER - at that point Christ as NO PHYSICAL BODY AT ALL - and i will tell you from such direct experiences that what you encoutner will be tailor made to fit that which is acceptable to you - Angels, the Divine - appear how YOU want them to look Folks - check out the ORIGINAL gospel of Jon that contains the ORIGINAL encounter,and you will say John says clearly,this spirit repeatedly CHANGED SHAPE AND FORM.....If we want truth then lets have it all please..

So trying to infer His "natural Divine condition" as being either a white or black and MORTAL man - is rather - naive on the one hand - more than a little nefarious of course - and on the other hand - is entirely - stupid,pointless..??.......(unless the attempt is made to promote either black or white supremacy - which to Christ,simply did not exist - didnt He speak always about UNITY and EQUALITY of SPIRIT..??)......Black Christ White Christ - just shows the ignorance of the masses Im afraid - led by the nose to believe whatever they decide to feed you next....

How could ETERNAL DIVINE BEINGS possibly die for our sins, or whatever else?

Ciao

- viole

PeteC-UK

Hi Folks..

Viole; Well to my mind that just illustrates the absurdity and confusion that the RELIGION promotes...Christ Himself explains "sin" AND His reasons for Being here among us but you wont find His truth in the bible canon...I could explain it all in great depth as He did and would be glad to if that is what you really want..?..But I tell you All here first - "sin" is not at all that which we have been duped into believing it is - and the reason why Christ interceded on our behalf, has nothing much to do with the things WE were doing ourselves - but a great deal to do with the things that were being done TO US by the (semi) divine Being(s) that caused our existance here directly..

He came - told us the one we thought was "god" was an imposter - then gave us a truth of who and What we ARE - really, essentially and ETERNALLY - and showed us a means to literally by pass the lower god,and to encounter this legitimate fully Divine presence that was accessed from WITHIN your own mind..The Divine spirit He said IS you, but its knowledge is prohibited to you - I will give you a truth then that shall set you free from this imposed domination and allow you to reach your full Divine potential...

Simply - dont trust the religion at all - it is fully OF that lesser god that Christ came to REPLACE...In a very real sense, the god Yahweh through its continuous dictates of ALL religions the world over (yes its ALL the same god and same angels HERE give us ALL the worlds spiritual "wisdom") - and these have pretty much convinced man,especially here in the West - that we are indeed, ONLY human, mortal, finite - and that indeed we are not even WORTHY of the Divine - a lost hopeless SINNER they say that NEEDS THEM to show us how to BECOME worthy - so follow OUR DICTATES they insist,or your unworthy state will lead to "eternal damnation" and you MUST bow down to this "god" and us its spokesman of course - OBEY US in all things if you want any hope of a better future....

This "sin" issue, is a major weapon of domiination in the hands of an ignorant religion..I could explain pretty much all of it - every twist and turn - but it would be hugely off topic here...lol...Suffice it to say - we ARE an eternal Divine Being - the religion teaches we are not worthy of that status, and this is wholly WRONG - as according to Christ, HE came to SHOW US DIRECTLY who and what we ARE, as first He took a mortal form same as ours - and once here among us taught us TRUTH of our existance - then proved it of course with feats we term "miracles", and eventually miracle of miracles - He ROSE UP HIS DEAD BODY and literally TRANSFIGURED HIMSELF into a purely ENERGETIC form that He had been teaching about - thus explaining and showing evidence of - proving mastery of the entire Creation right there for all to see - and told us plainly and adamantly all along - that YES, we ARE worthy ALREADY for such a Divine Presence ALREADY EXISTS WITHIN YOU He said - find it bring it forth - become ME He said....The religion cannot allow that of course - they would lose their power here if individuals stated waking up to their own INHERANT NATURE - and so lie upon lie to hide distort and alter that truth - make us believe fully - unworthy "sinner" who NEEDS them.....

Its all propaganda - as Christ advised - turn away from the organised religion that only seeks to mislead you He warned...Through THEIR teaching we are stuck believing we are MORTAL when actually we are always far FAR more than that - through THEIR teachings we are stuck believing we are a black man or a white man and in either case we are "unworthy" of the Divine.....

Christ said I DONT CARE WHO YOU ARE AS A MORTAL - leper, prostitute - rich or poor BLACK OR WHITE - you are ALL the living children of My Father He said - indeed, PROMISED - NONE SHALL BE LOST - despite what colour of skin we wear and inhabit we are ALL now and always a part of a Unified Spirit that Causes All Creation to come forth...Know THIS truth He said and it will free you totally....Black or White Christ - totally naive - totally ridiculous..For those with ears to hear...

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I'm going to have to see a trick. Walk on water, maybe turn some Poland Springs into a nice pinot noir, something like that.
darn....

I'm just a little too old for that fancy stuff
and that scar on the back of my right wrist won't fade

maybe you could just take it on faith?

(just kidding...I don't need thousands of people on my door)