• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus was Black

This is a very difficult topic to discuss, especially amongst Christians both Black and White. Some will argue that the appearance of the Messiah does not or should not matter, only his message and his sacrifice for our sins.

And I agree 100% that his color has nothing to do with our salvation... But, if his color does not matter, why do some people go out of their way to hide how he really looked? What are they trying to hide from us?

The truth is, the very bible that most of our people pretend to read every Sun-day has a description of how the Messiah really looked, and it isn't this...

upload_2016-7-18_3-13-44.png

The scriptures state that the Messiah had hair like woll and feet like unto burned brass. Revelations 1:14-16.... His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; (15) And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

So why the cover-up? Why are so many of our bibles filled with a White image of Jesus? Could it be because the description of him in the bible clearly depicts him as a man of color?

To be fair, there are several paintings of a dark-skinned Jesus and Mary found in other parts of the world. These paintings are never shown in our bibles or in our churches.

upload_2016-7-18_3-14-25.png

Interesting fact 101: Did you know that even the Pop prays to a Black Madonna and Child?

upload_2016-7-18_3-15-48.png

Note: I do not condone what the Pope is doing. It is a sin to bow down and worship idols. But, I find it interesting that he would pray to a Black Christ.

Interesting fact 102: Did you know that the Roman Catholic Church removed many of the books that were included in the original bible? These books are known as Aprocrypha. In one of these books called the 1st Book of Maccabees, it tells us that the heathen or gentiles or Romans (however you wish to describe them) wanted to paint the likenes of themselves in the bible. They wanted to paint depictions of themselves and place them in the bible, and that is exactly what they did. 1st Maccabees 3:48 And (they) laid open the book of the law, wherein the heathen had sought to paint the likeness of their images.

One needs to question why they would do this. Why paint all the Angels, Apostles, Prophets, Israelites and even Jesus White? Why isn't Jesus being depicted as a man of color? Why are they hiding his true identity? Could it be that if Black people knew the truth of how Jesus looked, then Black people would know how his people (the Israelites) looked, and then ultimately black people would know the truth of who they really are?

What is really sad is that oftentimes White people will put SOME truth right in our faces, but we are so blind that we cannot see it.

MOTIVATIONAL WHISTLE: MALCOLM X WHAT COLOR WAS JESUS

I am not a Muslim but truth is still truth.

So there you have it folks. What else can be said about how the Israelites looked or even now, the Messiah looked? If you still do not believe after reading your own bibles and doing further research, then maybe this truth is not for you. I can only plant the seed and let The Most High take care of the rest. It is every person's duty who is called, to help wake up not just Blacks, but Whites who are equally deeceived. That was the whole mission of Jesus and his disciples. It was to turn the children of God back to our Creator.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Black as in African? Nah!
White as in Caucasian? Nah!
Galilean peasants were more Middle eastern, yes?
He wasn't black or white. He was an ancient Semitic man. According to actual science, He would've looked something like this, based on forensic reconstruction of Jewish skulls from the area and time:

faces_bbc.jpg

Jesus' depictions correlate with the populations they come from. In Europe, He was depicted as having European features because that's what the models they used for art looked like. Same with black African Christians, East Asian Christians, Middle Eastern Christians, Latino Christians, etc.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
So there you have it folks. What else can be said about how the Israelites looked or even now, the Messiah looked?

Lol. Only Afrocentrists and black supremacists believe Jesus was Heart-of-Africa black. There's no reason to think Jesus was anything other than of Middle Eastern complexion as in the picture Frank put up.

I wonder what widely accepted truth you'll so convincingly shatter next. Will it be the Theory of Gravity? Will it be the fact that Britons drive on the 'wrong' side of the road? Will it be the fact that humans landed on the Moon in 1969?

Laika

Premium Member
After watching the boondocks for the first time and hearing "Jesus was black", it got me to stop and think. It should be obvious but it's hiding in plain sight. He couldn't possibly have been white even if he was depicted as such. Of course the significance of jesus's race does not change his message, but leaves open how we would receive the messenger. Would we feel more comfortable with a white Jesus or are we more uncomfortable with a black Jesus- it says more about us than Christ himself.

roger1440

I do stuff
I think the only people who believe this are Black Hebrew Israelites. I don't think anyone really takes them seriously though. I don't think there's any evidence that the real Israelites aren't the Jews of today.
Do you know anything thing about them? I know a guy who says he is one.

JesusBeliever

The scriptures state that the Messiah had hair like woll and feet like unto burned brass. Revelations 1:14-16.... His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; (15) And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

So why the cover-up? Why are so many of our bibles filled with a White image of Jesus? Could it be because the description of him in the bible clearly depicts him as a man of color?
Hi Sister Cyber, may I just draw your attention to your own words?
You said "His head and his hair were WHITE like wool, as WHITE as SNOW. AND his eyes were as a flame of fire."
Notice how it's the WHITE that both wool and snow have in common?
So I think if we were supposed to take this description literally (which I don't) then He would look more like an albino than a European or African.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Westerners, specially those concerned with Christian stuff in this subject, really puzzle me debating such a thing (among other things really). Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, had close to fair skin kinda like mine on my avatar (here we call it wheat color), as schools taught us here (the majority of people here are more brownish at fairest), yet Muslims and Arabs never typicaly bothered with the facade and took what matters; teachings.

Jesus was Jesus and his teachings are his teachings regardless, full stop and period!

He wasn't black or white. He was an ancient Semitic man. According to actual science, He would've looked something like this, based on forensic reconstruction of Jewish skulls from the area and time:

faces_bbc.jpg

Jesus' depictions correlate with the populations they come from. In Europe, He was depicted as having European features because that's what the models they used for art looked like. Same with black African Christians, East Asian Christians, Middle Eastern Christians, Latino Christians, etc.

So it's official, Jesus looked like Captain Haddock out of the Tintin movie.

captain_haddock_tintin_beijing.jpg

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
He certainly wasn't blonde haired and blue eyed white as snow; but I have the feeling Jesus wasn't sub-Saharan black, either.

He was darker skinned, but as others have pointed out, he would have looked semitic/midle eastern; because that's what he was.

Way back during Jesus' earthwalk, the Israelites, like the Egyptians, were black. That's why Mary and Joseph, his parents, were directed to take him to Egypt when Herod the king was on a rampage to kill all the Hebrew boys, and they stayed in Egypt until Herod died. They took baby Jesus there to hide him because the Israelites and Egyptians looked the same. You cannot expect a White baby to be hidden where the people were black. Same thing with Joseph and Moses. So here one must understand the physical appearance of the ancient Israelites.

Genesis Chapters 10 and 11 give us the details of Noah's three sons, Shem, Ham and Japeth, and how the whole world was populated through them. Ham is the father of Cush (Ethiopia), Mizraim (Egypt, Phut (Lybia) and Canaan. These four sons of Ham are who populated the continent of Africa. One of these sons, Egypt (or Mizraim - Genesis 49: 8-11) is the one nation of whom the Israelites have been physically compared to all throughout sthe scriptures. There are many paintings and artifacts made before 3rd century AD, and you can see that the Egyptians are a black (dark African) people. As I mentioned, Joseph and Moses were mistaken as Egyptians. Joseph is one of the sons of Jacob (Israel) and was made the 2nd in command in Egypt. Joseph looked so much like the Egyptians that even his own brothers could not distinguish him from them. Now, if you don't know the story of Joseph, here is a brief synopsis....

Joseph was the favorite son of all his other brothers. Joseph's brothers were jealous and caused him to be sold into slavery. While Joseph was a slave in Egypt, he gained favor with the Pharaoh by interpreting the Pharaoh's dream. Joseph then became Pharaoh's Second in Command and grew very wealthy. Later Joseph's brothers came to Egypt to buy food because of a famine in the land of Canaan. When they arrived, they didn't recognize Joseph because of his Egyptian clothing, but he recognized them. Genesis 42:7-8 And Joseph saw his brothers, and he knew them, but made himself strange unto them, and spake roughly unto them... And Joseph knew his brethren, but they knew not him. After reuniting with his father and brothers, Joseph and his family lived in Egypt for over 70 years. After Joseph died, a new Pharaoh ordered that all Hebrews (Israelites) be put into slavery, and all the male children be killed.

This is what the Egyptians looked like. It was the custom of Whites to smash the noses of the ancient Egyptian statues as an insult to Blacks because of the broad noses; later statues were "restored" to have narrow noses in an attempt to give the ancient Egyptian artifacts the look of Whites. They were so angry at the beauty and royalty of Queen Nefertiti that they smashed her whole face....

upload_2016-7-18_9-44-50.png

upload_2016-7-18_9-44-59.png

upload_2016-7-18_9-45-6.png

upload_2016-7-18_9-45-12.png

upload_2016-7-18_9-45-34.png

Now that we have an understanding of how the Egyptians looked, bear in mind that Joseph's own brothers thought that he was an Egyptian. Let's fast forward to the Prophet Moses...After the new Pharaoh issued for all the Hebrew boys to be killed, Moses' mother placed Moses in a basket and sent him down the Nile River. Pharaoh's daughter found Moses, took him in and raised him as an Egyptian. Moses lived in Pharaoh's house for 40 years. One day, Moses witnessed an Egyptian overseer beating a Hebrew slave, and Moses killed him. Fearing what Pharaoh would do to him, Moses left Egypt and went into the Land of Midian. While there, he helped the daughters of a Midian priest water their flock after chasing away some bully shepherds. When their father asked why they returned home so soon... Exodus 2:19 And they said, An Egyptian delivered us out of the land of the shepherds...

So what does this prove? Both Joseph and Moses were mistaken for Egyptians. The ancient Egyptians were a black-skinned people. But, if you're still not convinced, let's dig deeper. Moses was given a mission from The Most High Yah (the Creator's name in Hebrew) to go back to Egypt and declare to the Pharaoh to "let my people go." He gave Moses two powerful signs for the children of Israel to believe that it was Yah who sent him. One sign was for Moses to turn his staff (rod) into a serpent, but the 2nd sign was more powerful. Exodus 4:2-3 And Yah said unto him, What is that in thine hand? And he said, a rod. And he said, Cast it on the ground, and it became a serpent. Exodus 4:6 And Yah said furthermore unto him, Put now thine hand into thy bosom. And he put his hand into his bosom: and when he took it out, behold, his hand was leprous as snow.

upload_2016-7-18_9-46-21.png

Exodus 4:7 And he said, Put thine hand into thy bosom again. And he put his hand into his bosom again; and plucked it out of his bosom, and behold, it was turned again as his other flesh.

upload_2016-7-18_9-46-36.png

Exodus 4:8 And it shall come to pass if they will not believe thee, neither hearken to the voice of the first sign, that they will believe the voice of the latter sign. Did you understand that? Moses was told to put his hand into his bosom, and when he pulled it out, it was white as snow. He then put his hand back into his bosom and pulled it out and it became as his other flesh. If Moses was already white-skinned, what would have been the miracle in turning the skin of his hand white? But since Moses and the rest of the Hebrews were a black-skinned people, this would have been a very powerful sign. Moses' brother Aaron and sister Miriam spoke out against him because he married an Ethiopian woman (because she was from another Nation). Her behavior angered Yah. Verse 10 says, "He turned Miriam leprous, white as snow." Numbers 12:9 nd the anger of the Lord was kindled against them; and he departed. (10) And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous (white).

Numbers 12:11-12 And Aaron said unto Moses, Alas, my lord, I beseech thee, lay not the sin upon us, wherein we have done foolishly, and wherein we have sinned. Again, if Miriam was a white-skinned woman what would be the punishment in turning a white woman white?

It is an established fact that the bible always mentioned leprosy in the context of the skin turning white because of a disease or some specific wrongdoing. Read Leviticus 13:2-6. If the Israelites were a white-skinned people in ancient times, why does the bible only speak of them as turning white or becoming white with leprosy (in reference to their skin color). 2nd Kings 5:27 The leprosy therefore of Naaman shall cleave unto thee, and unto thy seed for ever. And he went out from his presence a leper as white as snow. Biblical leprosy can be compared to the rare skin disorder Vitiligo. This is the same disease that Michael Jackson had. This is what biblical leprosy may have looked like during ancient times (the skin turning white).

There are various other scriptures comparing the Israelites to the Egyptians and other sons of Ham. In the Book of Acts, the Apostle Paul was also mistaken as an Egyptian. When the Apostle Paul was being led by a Roman Captain, Paul (speaking in the Greek language) asked for permission to speak with him. The chief captain was surprised that Paul could speak Greek and in verse 38, he asked Paul, Acts 21:38 "Art not thou that Egyptian, which before these days madest an uproar, and leddest out into the wilderness four thousand men that were murderers?" (39) But Paul said, I am a man which am a Jew of Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, a citizen of no mean city: and, I beseech thee, suffer me to speak unto the people.

The Israelites were also compared to the Ethiopians. Amos 9:7 Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel? saith the Lord. There is absolutely no disputing the fact that ancient Egyptians were black.

The Israelites who are falsely called "Jews" are compared to the Egyptians in physical appearance. So, if the Egyptians were considered black, then you've guessed it, YES, the Israelites were black too. But there's still more proof. There are many other verses in the bible describing how the Israelites looked. Here are just a few...

Lamentations 4:8 Their visage is blacker than a coal; they are not known in the streets: their skin cleaveth to their bones; it is withered, it is become like a stick. The word "visage" means: the face, countenance, or appearance of a person. So that scripture literally reads as follows: GThe face or appearance is blacker than a coal; they are not known in the streets: their skin cleaveth to their bones; it is withered, it is become like a stick.

Lamentations 5:10 Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine.

Jobe 30:30 My skin is black upon me, and my bones are burned with heat.

Song of Solomon 1:5 I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.

How much more proof do you need? It is very important to note that this is not a racial message. I do not believe in nor do I support racial superiority. But, truth is still truth.

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. The truth is, the true Jews were, and still are, a black-skinned people.

There will be those who reject this truth, even black people and this is why they will continue to be destroyed because they have no knowledge of who they are. Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

So let's put the final nail in the coffin... Just because black people don't know who they are doesn't mean white people don't know as well. White people know who black people are. They have always known.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Garner Ted Armstrong read a description of Jesus on his tv show
supposedly penned by a Pharisee as Jesus came into the Holy City and the crowd was there to greet Him

that description was not of a black man