• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Not Rocket Surgery

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
This makes sense, right? Their professions are not indicative of inherit intellectual ability, just their training and formal education. Two things that anyone could theoretically participate in if they had the interest.

^^^ THIS ^^^

Suave

Simulated character
Elon Musk is soooo smart, he's a genius with an estimated IQ score of 155. He might become the world's first trillionaire. As a Tesla shareholder, I could not be any happier nor be a greater financial benefactor than beholden unto his intelligence. I am confident Tesla autos are well engineered, because Elon Musk helped designed them. I'm confident Elon Musk's space-ex rockets will lead the way for colonizing Mars. Like me, Elon Musk realizes we are likely living in a simulated universe. Anyways, do you find Elon Musk's intelligence to be as appealing as I find his intelligence to be?

main-qimg-b5433601054c0d2031e0c25b7dcd2061

time-magazine-named-richest-man-of-the-world-elon-musk-768x576.jpg

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This makes sense, right? Their professions are not indicative of inherit inherent intellectual ability, just their training and formal education. Two things that anyone could theoretically participate in if they had the interest.
Fixed.

Anyway, intellectual abilities do differ. But these abilities
are narrow....not necessarily indicative of superiority in
other areas.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Fixed.

Anyway, intellectual abilities do differ. But these abilities
are narrow....not necessarily indicative of superiority in
other areas.

I know a nuclear engineer, designs power stations, and teaches nuclear physics at *****, thick as 2 short planks on most other subjects, he literally cannot change a light bulb.

* Oops putting the name of the university can identify him so i stared it out

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
I know a nuclear engineer, designs power stations, and teaches nuclear physics at *****, thick as 2 short planks on most other subjects, he literally cannot change a light bulb.

* Oops putting the name of the university can identify him so i stared it out
Too late. I acquired ESP from reading another thread on the forum. I know everything. But I'll never tell.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Agreed that there are many important and different types of intelligence. That said, there are some skills that are strong predictors of success in life: two of which are the ability to stay focused and relatedly, the ability to exert one's will. Regardless of which types of intelligence a person excels in, these other two skills are essential.

Hmmm... I'm wondering if focus and willpower are skills that can be developed, or whether they're innate? I'd guess that they are largely innate, but that practices like meditation can help develop these skills.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Too late. I acquired ESP from reading another thread on the forum. I know everything. But I'll never tell.

I posted the name of the uni, reread my post and thought, hell no. I can't do that so i edited it. Anyone quick enough to see the original (about 2 minutes) will know it was *****

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
I posted the name of the uni, reread my post and thought, hell no. I can't do that so i edited it. Anyone quick enough to see the original (about 2 minutes) will know it was *****
Since so many people operate under the paradigm that believing is proof of what is believed, I have decided that I believe I have paranormal abilities. No one can hide any thought from me. But according to belief, that just makes me of average mind. Though, I am uncertain of that.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Since so many people operate under the paradigm that believing is proof of what is believed, I have decided that I believe I have paranormal abilities. No one can hide any thought from me. But according to belief, that just makes me of average mind. Though, I am uncertain of that.

If that's what you believe then who am i to argue?

Orbit

I'm a planet

Interesting observation. As an academic, I'm surrounded by people with PhDs, and it's true that a small minority of them are real tools (not that bright outside their areas of expertise). I agree that it's down to training and hard work to get an academic degree. I'm sure there are plenty of "ordinary" folk who could have achieved academic qualifications given the interest and opportunity. Talent just makes it easier. I think most things are a bell curve: most people in most professions are average, and then you have the tails (to the left are those that aren't that bright and to the right are those who are truly gifted).

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Elon Musk is soooo smart, he's a genius with an estimated IQ score of 155. He might become the world's first trillionaire. As a Tesla shareholder, I could not be any happier nor be a greater financial benefactor than beholden unto his intelligence. I am confident Tesla autos are well engineered, because Elon Musk helped designed them. I'm confident Elon Musk's space-ex rockets will lead the way for colonizing Mars. Like me, Elon Musk realizes we are likely living in a simulated universe. Anyways, do you find Elon Musk's intelligence to be as appealing as I find his intelligence to be?
Person of the year? So who was he up against? Putin, Lukashenko, Trump, Bolsonaro, Erdogan, Xi Jinping, and Prince Andrew?