• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Not Rocket Surgery

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
This makes sense, right? Their professions are not indicative of inherit intellectual ability, just their training and formal education. Two things that anyone could theoretically participate in if they had the interest.
I contend that "inherent intellectual ability" does not exist to begin with.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Elon Musk is soooo smart, he's a genius with an estimated IQ score of 155. He might become the world's first trillionaire.
And all it took was money from his father's emerald mine and a stint in one of the world's most prestigious and expensive third tier education programs!

Suave

Simulated character
And all it took was money from his father's emerald mine and a stint in one of the world's most prestigious and expensive third tier education programs!
Unlike mines around emeralds, but like emeralds, Tesla is a company with an impeccable green pedigree. Errol may have been an emerald prince, but Elon was undoubtedly a diamond in the rough. By the way, Elon's mother was a stunningly beautiful model. Even at age 73, she still is very beautiful! :)

89435ac0-33a3-11ea-b7d3-03c069909d0b_800_420.jpeg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I was told that a person with an IQ of at least 120 could go into whatever field they want.
I think interest and motivation drives a person's career choice more than anything else.
And less than that is needed to be a lawyer or judge.

Last edited:

Suave

Simulated character
I was told that a person with an IQ of at least 120 could go into whatever field they want.
I think interest and motivation drives a person's career choice more than anything else.

Darn it, I fell just 2 IQ points short of being a Doctor! ...:(

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I contend that "inherent intellectual ability" does not exist to begin with.
Tell that so someone with profound mental handicaps. Or someone like John Nash Jr., who had a grasp of mathematics that few will ever possess.
And empathy is another one. It comes inherently and naturally for humans. But those with autism may struggle with putting themselves in another's shoes.
Unlike mines around emeralds, but like emeralds, Tesla is a company with an impeccable green pedigree. Errol may have been an emerald prince, but Elon was undoubtedly a diamond in the rough. By the way, Elon's mother was a stunningly beautiful model. Even at age 73, she still is very beautiful! :)

89435ac0-33a3-11ea-b7d3-03c069909d0b_800_420.jpeg
They're getting sued by multiple entities because self driving thing is unreliable, the cars are anti-consumer, there are definitely some highly questionable aspects of their construction, and all those batteries and all those charges aren't good for the environment either (especially all those batteries). Amd EVs in general can face some very nasty electrical fires that can burn for days.
Teslas are garbage and Elon is an apex ********* who is anti-worker (seriously, he's sent emails in the middle of the night telling employees they're going to have to work harder and longer).

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Unlike mines around emeralds, but like emeralds, Tesla is a company with an impeccable green pedigree. Errol may have been an emerald prince, but Elon was undoubtedly a diamond in the rough. By the way, Elon's mother was a stunningly beautiful model. Even at age 73, she still is very beautiful!
Fun fact: Elon Musk bought out Tesla from its founders, and most of what Tesla produces has been funded with generous subsidies and tax breaks from the US government. As far as I can tell, the most significant element Musk meaningfully contributed to that operation was management failure by virtue of a willful disregard of standard safety protocols in multiple areas.

Suave

Simulated character
Tell that so someone with profound mental handicaps. Or someone like John Nash Jr., who had a grasp of mathematics that few will ever possess.
And empathy is another one. It comes inherently and naturally for humans. But those with autism may struggle with putting themselves in another's shoes.

They're getting sued by multiple entities because self driving thing is unreliable, the cars are anti-consumer, there are definitely some highly questionable aspects of their construction, and all those batteries and all those charges aren't good for the environment either (especially all those batteries). Amd EVs in general can face some very nasty electrical fires that can burn for days.
Teslas are garbage and Elon is an apex ********* who is anti-worker (seriously, he's sent emails in the middle of the night telling employees they're going to have to work harder and longer).
Even if you might not be a fan of Tesla's electric cars, you still have to admire Space-X rocketry leading the way for the colonization of Mars. ....:) ...Right?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Even if you might not be a fan of Tesla's electric cars, you still have to admire Space-X rocketry leading the way for the colonization of Mars. ....:) ...Right?
I think it's a tragedy we let some private company do it instead of continuing to let our nation continuing to lead the way. It benefits private firms rather than the People.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I would gladly support the colonization of Mars, provided Musk pledged to be the first to make his home there permanently.