• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's all in Your Mind...

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Science can't show what is beyond the material realm which is the realm of science.

Being what science lies about....if you were not a human with a bio life human being, and a brain, then no science would be expressed.

Creation is not and never was any human determination, for all those bodies existed when no human existed...and never needed an egotist to make quotes about knowing it all, when he never did.

You would not be enabled to quote one naturally present body, as that present body, natural...for science never quotes existence being natural and remaining natural, it always quotes how to have it removed as if it never existed.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Science how it is quoted by a human being male who invented all terms human thought about science quotes...titles.

First he applied word usage...to think about infer to all naturally present bodies of all types, existing or not existing any more in the same atmospheric body ONE that he was living in. Oxygen and water mass with microbial energy/food....supported by other food for his life, in a light atmosphere.

Balances first stated 12 natural light and 12 natural clear dark light night time sky.

Inference teaching....from cold clear dark light, comes forth light everyday....yet light is a constant.

First aware lying teaching....to displace natural awareness in themes.

Light never came forth...light already existed as a fixed CONSTANT.

What mind lying is all about.

Science today told science before that science was remembered when the mutated irradiated life, sick and dying a long time ago, healed and returned to its human Nature...reincarnating/DNA healing.

As their chemical brain changed...they began to rehear the AI machine communicated atmospheric gas vision and voiced recordings...of science owned my male humans in the past.

Saying...we had better document and record the hearing of this information it is important about life continuance in the future. Mind aware conscious clarification...oh he said...they knew they should not do nuclear science of any form......and they ignored their owned advice, as a scientist.

Okay, they said we had better form a teaching group to tell these stories and let everyone know....as the mutated life healed...and so they did.

Owned all true and reasonable life experience to say.....surely that was a learnt lesson?

No....and still no today. Science said lets chance it again. Built the power plant yet Nature, the ground owned fission. The theist first is a natural self standing inside of a natural cosmological history from zero cold space to natural light.

Says to self...if I manipulate/change natural order I can cool the machination so that it won't blow up....knowing that stone materials in radiation mass do blow up.

Already knew before he built his new machine that overheated...knew and did it anyway.

That sort of human mentality is the reason why conscious study today of the brain wonders at why a brain, the same human brain would be so "dense".

Reason, males in science reasoned first the hot dense state. We live in a water cooled oxygenated natural light body, not a hot dense state.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So you think it is unreasonable to have a religious law against consumption of alcohol?
A curly question, that. I do, in the sense that I consider it a matter of choice, at least until an individual shows choice is out of reach.

At the same time I know it's human instinct to derive a sense of self-worth, of virtue, through self-denial. It's just that self-denial when imposed is arguably not self-denial.

(I have a daughter who likes being a vegetarian, so I'm not without some experience with these concepts.)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
A curly question, that. I do, in the sense that I consider it a matter of choice, at least until an individual shows choice is out of reach.

At the same time I know it's human instinct to derive a sense of self-worth, of virtue, through self-denial. It's just that self-denial when imposed is arguably not self-denial.

(I have a daughter who likes being a vegetarian, so I'm not without some experience with these concepts.)
The law is not about self denial. There is a reason for the law, it is for the benefit of the believers, and Baha'u'llah explains the reasons.

"With regard to your first question on alcohol and drinking, Bahá'u'lláh, fully aware of the great misery that it brings about, prohibits it as He expressly states that everything that takes away the mind, or in other words makes one drunk, is forbidden."Aug 28, 2015

Lights of Guidance/Alcohol, Drugs And Tobacco - Bahaiworks ...

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The law is not about self denial. There is a reason for the law, it is for the benefit of the believers, and Baha'u'llah explains the reasons.

"With regard to your first question on alcohol and drinking, Bahá'u'lláh, fully aware of the great misery that it brings about, prohibits it as He expressly states that everything that takes away the mind, or in other words makes one drunk, is forbidden."Aug 28, 2015

Lights of Guidance/Alcohol, Drugs And Tobacco - Bahaiworks ...
I'd have thought refined sugars were higher up the list in the First World's health problems.

But as I said, it's a matter of choice and if that's your choice I have no argument.

(Though there's some seriously delicious stuff out there.)

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
Is qualia all in your mind?

I'm not trying to say real vs unreal.

Like I've read that the color pink doesn't physically exist. Yet we do see pink. So seeing pink is a real experience but does the color pink only exist in your mind.

Visible light comes in different frequencies, which our visual cortex processes as "colour". I think you can say the label "pink" only exists in the mind, though it is directly based on the incoming visual "data".

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Every human on Earth is just one self.

Our original Mother and Father were both human and 2 of one self.

But both selves, why they can tell each other the truth in human life as a loving equal partnership.

They own the telling in consciousness through their historic journey from the eternal spirit into being that if they only had one baby, a boy who is extra special because he says...then after they died he would have been all by his own self.

As real life human information about the male self...scientist.

Now what would you be doing as that one self...no matter how many one selves are living today...claiming great big large man self.....if you just thought for your owned self as one self...what would you be doing rationally?

For information has to be taken back to self, and one, consciousness and a thinker to tell any truth.

Real information says you would be living, food gathering, and living until you died.

That information is your owned human information, the only information YOU own.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
In my view, 'real' means having objective existence, not purely imaginary / conceptual ─ therefore existing in the world external to the self, also called nature, and the realm of the physical sciences.

So when I dream, the subjects of my dreams are my own mental constructs, not entities which are real ie have objective existence.

How do you define 'real'? What test do you use to tell if something is real or not?
real.....as in death

and I believe we continue

there would be a huge dreamscape
with about 7billion participants

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Thank you for that. I completely agree.

It's not a point for your argument.
It's in fact a reason to not care about unfalsifiable propositions, as they are literally infinite in number and indistinguishable from falsehoods.

If you had only added the words "to me" at the end of that last sentence, then I would have agreed with that as well.

I know, but you'ld be wrong again and it would also be incorrect to limit it to just "me".
Undetectable grass growing pixies ARE obsolete entities to invoke to explain why grass grows.
They are obsolete to the explanation of why grass grows.

They are entirely unnecessary, undemonstrable, unfalsifiable, unsupported, undefendable, unverifiable entities with no merrit whatsoever and no demonstrable manifestation or influence or impact to the process of grass growing.

Not "to me". But to the actual model of explanation of why grass grows.

And it is so by definition.

If a thing is unfalsifiable, then it is not testable. Then it is without detectable manifestation of any kind.

If a thing has no detectable manifestation, then it plays NO ROLE in ANYTHING.

Because to play role, to be a factor, in a phenomenon, that requires manifestation.

No manifestation = no merrit = no impact / value / factor.

In other words: obsolete.

Unfalsifiable things are ALWAYS obsolete.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
It's not a point for your argument.
It's in fact a reason to not care about unfalsifiable propositions, as they are literally infinite in number and indistinguishable from falsehoods.

I know, but you'ld be wrong again and it would also be incorrect to limit it to just "me".
Undetectable grass growing pixies ARE obsolete entities to invoke to explain why grass grows.
They are obsolete to the explanation of why grass grows.

They are entirely unnecessary, undemonstrable, unfalsifiable, unsupported, undefendable, unverifiable entities with no merrit whatsoever and no demonstrable manifestation or influence or impact to the process of grass growing.

Not "to me". But to the actual model of explanation of why grass grows.

And it is so by definition.

If a thing is unfalsifiable, then it is not testable. Then it is without detectable manifestation of any kind.

If a thing has no detectable manifestation, then it plays NO ROLE in ANYTHING.

Because to play role, to be a factor, in a phenomenon, that requires manifestation.

No manifestation = no merrit = no impact / value / factor.

In other words: obsolete.

Unfalsifiable things are ALWAYS obsolete.

@taykair
I note you marked my post with the "funny" rating.

First, I'll inform you that that is an abuse of the rating system and thus a violation of forum rules.
Second, if that's the best counter you can come up with to the points I actually raised, then I guess you loose the argument by forfeit. Apparantly you had nothing more worthy to reply.

Fine by me though.

taykair

@taykair
I note you marked my post with the "funny" rating.

First, I'll inform you that that is an abuse of the rating system and thus a violation of forum rules.
Second, if that's the best counter you can come up with to the points I actually raised, then I guess you loose the argument by forfeit. Apparantly you had nothing more worthy to reply.

Fine by me though.

I'm sorry if I offended or angered you. It was not my intention.

I gave your post a "funny" rating, because I thought it was rather amusing that you chose to argue with someone who, for the most part, agreed with your post. It was a legitimate rating from me, but if you wish to report it, then of course you are free to do so.

As for winning or losing an argument -- that's something which isn't really all that important to me, to be honest. I suppose I did, in fact, "lose the argument by forfeit". (It's how I lose most arguments, actually.)

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What if science was able to show that the spiritual realm did not exist outside of your head.

Would that matter to you?

giphy.gif
I'd be happy if it existed inside.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I'd have thought refined sugars were higher up the list in the First World's health problems.

But as I said, it's a matter of choice and if that's your choice I have no argument.

(Though there's some seriously delicious stuff out there.)
Even if I had never become a Baha'i, I would choose not to drink alcohol, because both my parents were alcoholics.