• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Italy: Far-Right Prime Minister's Attack on LGBT Rights

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Can't beat being selective eh?

For instance the Italian State establishes that transsexual people are not meant to be biological parents.
They can't obtain the legal gender change unless they undergo surgery that sterilizes them.

We avoid confusions and ambiguity by being that inflexible.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
For instance the Italian State establishes that transsexuals people are not meant to be biological parents.
They can't obtain the legal gender change unless they undergo surgery that sterilizes them.

Or you cause confusion and anger by limiting a whole class of people. Surely all are equal unless bigotry is used to impose Christianity

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
And secularly, the law necessarily means to discourage homosexuals and transsexuals from being parents.
For countless reasons, which involve a secular mindset and not a religious one.
But there exist no rational, real world justification for doing so, only garbage superstitious/religious ones that have no place in a society that values rights, freedom, equality, and justice.

The self-loathing you hold in your heart makes me feel truly sorry for you. Please get well soon.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
My beautiful grand daughters would not exist in your cruel world
I respect everyone...but as a jurist I think the law rightfully discourages homosexuals and transsexuals from becoming parents naturally.
But I am for adoptions for these two categories of people, so there is always a solution.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
For instance the Italian State establishes that transsexuals people are not meant to be biological parents.

Yet the Italian State establishes that heterosexuals who are, for whatever reason, sterile may well be "meant to be biological parents," and frames laws to enable that through adoption, for example. This is logically untenable.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I respect everyone...but as a jurist I think the law rightfully discourages homosexuals and transsexuals from becoming parents naturally.
But I am for adoptions for these two categories of people, so there is always a solution.
You say you are "for adoption for these two categories," but that is precisely what this thread is about -- the law that says one (at least) of the partners cannot be considered a "parent," adoption or no.

Altfish

Veteran Member
What has you being a jurist got to do with it?
You have a cruel mind that says that my grandchildren shouldn't exist.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You say you are "for adoption for these two categories," but that is precisely what this thread is about -- the law that says one (at least) of the partners cannot be considered a "parent," adoption or no.
This law involves surrogate pregnancy, mainly.
That is, many Italian LGBTs go abroad, pay a woman so she carries out a surrogate pregnancy and then they come back with the product, that is, the baby they purchased.
The Italian Government will deny these babies the anagraphical registration.
That in order to discourage such a practice.

Last edited:

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
"Italy's right-wing government instructed Milan's city council to stop registering the children of same-sex parents, reigniting a debate around Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni's conservative agenda.
Families, activists and political opponents are to protest against the ban in Milan on Saturday.
Ms Meloni, who leads the far-right Brothers of Italy party, made anti-LGBT rhetoric a cornerstone of her electoral campaign, promising to protect traditional values."

- Italy leaves children of same-sex parents in limbo

Who needs equality? Catholics and Conservatives Unite!

It's easy to forget how many conservatives in the world would reverse so much of the progress that's been made on LGBTQ rights if they had the power.