• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ISSUE OF HOMOSEXUALITY

Kolibri

I liked the "dealing with" as if the *wrong* sexual orientation is some chronic disease like fibromyalgia or lupus.

Whether or not the sexual orientation is *wrong* or not, it is not a choice for virtually anyone that has faced this issue. If one was to look at imperfection of the human race the same way it was discussed in the Bible book of Romans, "sin" inherited from Adam and the "natural" death we experience because of it, is very much like an infection, because it 'spreads'.

"That is why, just through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, as so death spread to all men because they had all sinned--." - Roman 5:12.

Kolibri

Homosexuality can be cured spiritualy. Loving the Creator with strong affection will destroy all wicked feelings.

Wrong. The loving Creator does not take away all "weakness" now. It is only "wickedness" if one treats the "weakness" lightly.

"So let the one who thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall. No temptation has come upon you except what is common to men. But God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear, but along with the temptation he will also make the way out so that you may be able to endure it." - 1 Corinthians 10:12,13

Marisa

Whether or not the sexual orientation is *wrong* or not, it is not a choice for virtually anyone that has faced this issue. If one was to look at imperfection of the human race the same way it was discussed in the Bible book of Romans, "sin" inherited from Adam and the "natural" death we experience because of it, is very much like an infection, because it 'spreads'.

"That is why, just through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, as so death spread to all men because they had all sinned--." - Roman 5:12.
Well I don't judge right or wrong by Bronze Age myths, so . . .

If your deity has a problem with me thinking all people deserve fairness and social equality, then that being is unworthy of respect, let alone moral reverence or worship. Being gay is only something to be struggled with because people use mythology to dehumanize homosexuality.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
What about homosexuals that have zero contact with Christianity or it's Bible?
Are they too sinners when in their culture homosexuality is quite the norm?
I think if anyone believe to be homosexual is a sin, then you need to question your religion, and your god, just like many Christian once used blacks as slaves and treated them bad, the same is now happening with homosexuals, people always have to look down on others, especially the religious, they are so self righteous and its sickening.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Laws of a nation (at least in the USA) can't be dictated by religious principles, as not everyone is religious. Just because the Christians don't like it, doesn't mean that it has to be made illegal. With regard to homosexuality, people can't help who they fall in love with. Are they to be considered subhuman and not worthy of the same rights as everyone else? That is discrimination, whether you like it or not.

Do I agree with homosexuality? No I do not. I see it as immoral and unnatural. I certainly don't want to have to explain to my young children why two men are kissing in public. However, what other people do is none of my business, just like when I tell my kids that those people are wrong, disgusting and confused is none of their business. It may be made legal, but that does not mean I have to like or approve of it.

My thoughts from both sides of the coin.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Laws of a nation (at least in the USA) can't be dictated by religious principles, as not everyone is religious. Just because the Christians don't like it, doesn't mean that it has to be made illegal. With regard to homosexuality, people can't help who they fall in love with. Are they to be considered subhuman and not worthy of the same rights as everyone else? That is discrimination, whether you like it or not.

Do I agree with homosexuality? No I do not. I see it as immoral and unnatural. I certainly don't want to have to explain to my young children why two men are kissing in public. However, what other people do is none of my business, just like when I tell my kids that those people are wrong, disgusting and confused is none of their business. It may be made legal, but that does not mean I have to like or approve of it.

My thoughts from both sides of the coin.
What if one of your children become homosexual ?.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Then that is their choice.

All I can do is my best in raising them. I may not approve of their choices, but I will always love my children. Just like I love my wife, but can't stand her grizzly bear snoring...
Yes and all these homosexuals you don't like have parents who I hope loves them also, try not to hate things you don't understand.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Yes and all these homosexuals you don't like have parents who I hope loves them also, try not to hate things you don't understand.

I never used the word hate. I don't hate anyone. I just don't agree with the choices some people make, as is my right to do so. Love the person, disapprove of their actions.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I never used the word hate. I don't hate anyone. I just don't agree with the choices some people make, as is my right to do so. Love the person, disapprove of their actions.
How do you know they choose to be gay, many already have the traits of being gay very early in their life, just like your trait was to be strait, you yourself could have been born gay, I'm sorry but its ignorant to say they choose that way.

Kolibri

Reminds me of Jude 23b

"But continue showing mercy to others, doing so with fear, while you hate even the garment that has been stained by the flesh." - Jude 23b (what garment? Ga 5:19-21)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I personally do not see any issues with homosexuality.
I do, on the other hand, see a very major issue with those who discriminate against homosexuals and want to deny rights to homosexuals just because they believe their god said so (let's not forget, your Bible was penned by the hands of MAN, not God - men who are dishonest, men who want to make themselves look better, men who want to control and dominate). The issue isn't men loving each other or women loving each other, the issues arise when a group, based on nothing more than what their book of ancient superstitions say, promote a "therapy" that has been found to be highly destructive to someone's psychological health. And, of course, discrimination is also an issue.

On the other hand, religious people should be allowed to tell everyone, what their God says about stuff like homosexual acts.
Just as long as you give us the same respect for us to tell you what we think of your religion. If you want to be able to tell others what you think your god says about homosexual acts, then, to be fair, you must also be willing to hear things that may make you uncomfortable as well.
I don't give a flying fig what the thoughts of those who do not share my reality are. Produce god, and I will joyfully educate him on his bigotry. ;)
If the god of the Bible is real, I think I could probably spend the rest of my life pointing out each and every issue I have with him. If all that incest, slavery, genocide, infanticide, war, and senseless acts of violence aren't really god's ways, then surely an omnipotent being could have made sure his own Book got a good editor But, given the nature of the poor translations alone, God doesn't seem to be all that concerned that we get accurate information - even from his own book.
Homosexuality can be cured spiritualy. Loving the Creator with strong affection will destroy all wicked feelings.
It used to be commonly believed that being left-handed was a sign of wickedness, and something that must be cured. Today we just know better. Tomorrow we will just know better when it comes to homosexuality.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
How do you know they choose to be gay, many already have the traits of being gay very early in their life, just like your trait was to be strait, you yourself could have been born gay, I'm sorry but its ignorant to say they choose that way.

I do not concern myself with their biology, genetics, personal choices or anything else. I could care less how their "gayness" came to be. I work with gays within my unit. They keep it to themselves and are very professional. I have no problems with that as personal crap does not belong in the workplace to begin with, regardless of sexual orientation. I don't talk about how freaky my wife got the night before, as it would be wrong to do so.

I have already stated that I support gay rights in that they should be treated equal according to the law (marriage, health care, etc.). No human should be considered a subclass and treated any differently by law. No religious institute should dictate what the law can or can't say/do. What more do you want from a Southern, Bible-belt heterosexual male with a wife and two kids, that was brought up in a conservative Baptist church?

I will say this one more time and I hope it will sink in...I personally, as is my right and choice, do not approve of homosexual activity. I see it as both immoral and unnatural. Immoral because, according to my opinion and beliefs which I am entitled to, it is wrong. It is my right to think that way. Unnatural because two men can't procreate. Two women can't procreate. It takes a man and woman to procreate naturally. Plain and simple.

I am entitled to my opinion, as is my right, just like I support human rights to equal treatment by law. I, on a personal level, do not have to like it, approve of it, or accept it. Just because it may be made legal (which I support) does not mean I am forced to look the other way and act like nothing is happening. It does not mean that I am no longer entitled to my opinion, or that I have to teach my children that being gay is ok. My rights, as a US citizen, are also protected under the Constitution, especially where the 1st Amendment is concerned.

In summary, I support gay rights and they should be treated equally, by law.
I personally do not approve of homosexuality and I am entitled to my opinion about it.