• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam is the most misunderstood religion in contemporary society

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
My point is fanatics will take any doctrine and use it to their advantage. The same can be said of those who are in opposition to said religion. To many Muhammad was a warlord. I doubt it. He did what many in that time had to do. Remember Jesus was in Roman occupation so Jesus never had a chance to build any army if he had to.

Muslims were persecuted by the polytheists and I think we forget that. The Arabs went against the grain and paid for it with their lives. I ask do we hold Jesus in contempt for the sins of his followers who perverted his message? No. We look at Jesus as who he was.

Muhammad was a man who brought a message.
Muhammad gave no teachings to kill anybody for converting to his religion. Muhammad had to fight defensively for coexistence when he and his followers were attacked by the Meccans when he and his followers had migrated to Medina.
Regards

Faithofchristian

Well let's see, You say that Islam is the most misunderstood religion in comtemporary society"

How can anyone misunderstood Islam, When Islam takes innocent people and cuts their heads off and crying out death to anyone that does not go alone with Islam

So by all means, explain exactly how that can be misunderstood ?

On September 25, 2002, a group of armed Islamists in Karachi, Pakistan entered the office of a Christian charity, tied seven workers to chairs and then brutally murdered them. According to Muslim witnesses, the Muslims "showed no haste. They took a good 15 minutes in segregating the Christians and making sure that each one of their targets received the most horrific death."

The killing of non-Muslim humanitarian workers by devout followers of Islam occurs quite often. While there is rarely any celebration on the part of other Muslims, neither is there much outrage expressed by a community renowned for its peevishness.

The first sura of the Quran is a short prayer that is repeated by devout Muslims each day and ends with these words:

Keep us on the right path. The path of those upon whom Thou hast bestowed favors. Not (the path) of those upon whom Thy wrath is brought down, nor of those who go astray. (1:6-7)
Muhammad was once asked if this pertained to Jews and Christians. His response was, "Whom else?" (Bukhari 56:662).

Seeing Islam does this to Christians, What do you suppose Islam would do to Atheists and Homosexualls ?

So how exactly is Islam the most misunderstood religion ?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Post th entire damn thing don’t post one thing... The damn Banu Qurayza violates the pact between Muhammad and them by allying themselves with the Quraysh.

“The next morning, the Banu Qurayza surrendered and the Muslims seized their stronghold and their stores.[40][52] The men - Ibn Ishaq numbers between 400 and 900[26][48] - were bound and placed under the custody of one Muhammad ibn Maslamah, who had killed Ka'b ibn al-Ashraf, while the women and children - numbering about 1,000[26] - were placed under Abdullah ibn Sallam, a former rabbi who had converted to Islam.” [53][54]

The founder of Christianity was Paul not Jesus.....But let us forget the fact you worship deities besides God.
I actually don't worship other deities.

I pray to the spirits in Heaven...There is a difference.

I don't worship the souls in Heaven. I ask for their intercession.

Also, you are wrong. Paul didn't start Christianity. Christianity is named after Christ, because Christ established the first Christian Church (That Paul later joined).

Matthew 16:18
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Warning: depiction of Muhammad, but it speaks the easily verifiable truth about him.
bbbb.jpg

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Also, you are wrong. Paul didn't start Christianity. Christianity is named after Christ, because Christ established the first Christian Church (That Paul later joined).

And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.
Where was the first Church that Jesus built located? Did Jesus ever went inside it? Please
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
On September 25, 2002, a group of armed Islamists in Karachi, Pakistan entered the office of a Christian charity, tied seven workers to chairs and then brutally murdered them. According to Muslim witnesses, the Muslims "showed no haste. They took a good 15 minutes in segregating the Christians and making sure that each one of their targets received the most horrific death."

The killing of non-Muslim humanitarian workers by devout followers of Islam occurs quite often. While there is rarely any celebration on the part of other Muslims, neither is there much outrage expressed by a community renowned for its peevishness.
That was done by some fanatics in disregard of the teachings of Islam/Quran/Muhammad, so Islam is not responsible for their doings.
Regards

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Where was the first Church that Jesus built located? Did Jesus ever went inside it? Please
Regards
The Church was an underground spiritual movement. The first mass was celebrated at the last supper.

The Eucharist (/ˈjuːkərɪst/; also called Holy Communion or the Lord's Supper, among other names) is a Christian rite that is considered a sacrament in most churches and an ordinance in others. According to the New Testament, the rite was instituted by Jesus Christ during his Last Supper; giving his disciples bread and wine during the Passover meal, Jesus commanded his followers to "do this in memory of me" while referring to the bread as "my body" and the wine as "my blood".[1][2] Through the Eucharistic celebration Christians remember both Christ's sacrifice of himself on the cross and his commission of the apostles at the Last Supper.[3]
Eucharist - Wikipedia

lll.jpg

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher

Jesus was Jewish and he never established a religion outside Judaism so you’re historically inaccurate. Paul is attributed historically to establishing Christianity.

Now as far as your belief, asking other deities for intercession other than God is a form of worship. God is the one that controls this entire universe, and so knowing that why am I going to seek the help of other deities or spirits?

I rather not deal with the middle man but the man in charge. I’ve lately started getting in the habit of praying (sometimes) and I do not seek the intercession of saints, angels, ancestors, Michael Jackson, etc....

God is the only one that can help you....

Regards
The word for church in Greek means assembly/ congregation. Church isn’t and never was a building you attend or an organization you are a part of; The church is the members of Christ; the assembly of believers. So the first church and the only church Jesus built was and is still on this earth and heaven: and yes Jesus went inside them through the Holy Spirit, and that’s how they turned the world upside down.

Jesus was Jewish and he never established a religion outside Judaism so you’re historically inaccurate. Paul is attributed historically to establishing Christianity.

Well your kind of right, kind of wrong. Jesus was Jewish, but He never established any religion; He came to establish the Kingdom of God in this earth by His church, which Paul would become a part of and be used mightily to establish God’s kingdom on this earth. It’s only man that creates and separates “religions”, but Jesus came to give life and be the saviour of the world, as prophesied by the Old Testament. Following religion can not save you, but following Jesus will.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Muhammad gave no teachings to kill anybody for converting to his religion. Muhammad had to fight defensively for coexistence when he and his followers were attacked by the Meccans when he and his followers had migrated to Medina.
Regards

It is nearly impossible to find an aggressor who admits that he is an aggressor and could choose not to be one. From that simple observation and a lot of hints from the Qur'an and the history of Islaam it becomes very difficult to take your claim at face value.

Muhammad's ministry consisted of 23 years. Out of that he lived for the first 13 years in Mecca , he or his followers did not kill a single soul in these long years.
Regards

And they were far too few to make a serious attempt at that, anyway. Besides, it was only after arriving at Yatreb (now Medina) that Muhammad became beligerent.

That was done by some fanatics in disregard of the teachings of Islam/Quran/Muhammad, so Islam is not responsible for their doings.
Regards

That is a very wishful way of interpreting facts, @paarsurrey . What do you think they are fanatic about? Do you truly think their motivation is not that of being good Muslims as they understand that to be?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Well your kind of right, kind of wrong. Jesus was Jewish, but He never established any religion; He came to establish the Kingdom of God in this earth by His church, which Paul would become a part of and be used mightily to establish God’s kingdom on this earth. It’s only man that creates and separates “religions”, but Jesus came to give life and be the saviour of the world, as prophesied by the Old Testament. Following religion can not save you, but following Jesus will.

Well I can argue that the "life" Jesus came to bring was that of the existence of the God of Abraham, who is not distant and who forgives. Perhaps the mysticism from within Judaism, Jesus probably taught was something new at the time and in that region. Remember, Jesus taught the Sh'ma which is the greatest commandment of any believer of the God of Abraham. The same message that Muhammad taught to the Muslims some hundreds of years later.

Well I can argue that the "life" Jesus came to bring was that of the existence of the God of Abraham, who is not distant and who forgives. Perhaps the mysticism from within Judaism, Jesus probably taught was something new at the time and in that region. Remember, Jesus taught the Sh'ma which is the greatest commandment of any believer of the God of Abraham. The same message that Muhammad taught to the Muslims some hundreds of years later.
Well the Jews already knew the God of Abraham existed through Moses, so that's not what he brought to His people. What He brought to His people was salvation. As you said, He is a God that is not distant and forgives, but according to the bible, without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins. That's why Jesus had to be a perfect sacrifice on the cross for the sins of the world. And the Lord is one; Father, Word, and Holy Spirit, something Muhammad contradicts.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Islam is the most misunderstood religion in contemporary society

Post #309 from paarsurrey on another thread is much relevant here:

ChristineM said:↑
Atheism is not communism.

Fyi, during the purges in russia, as a percentage, more atheists were killed than Christians.

Paarsurrey wrote:

Haven't the fanatic the "so called Islamists" killed more Muslims than the non-Muslims?
So, Quran/Islam/Muhammad should not be blamed for the violence the fanatics do, there is no teachings in Quran/Islam/Muhammad to kill innocent humans for nothing. It should be easy to understand. Right, please?
Regards
Mao Tse-Tung and Pol Pot killed in the name of atheism

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
Unfortunately, throughout the years (actually centuries) Islam has been presented by the west as a blood thirsty religion bent on Holy War, or Jihad to commence the campaign of Dar al-Islam. The western viewpoint of Jihad is the misunderstanding (whether intentional or unintentional) of Quranic interpretation of a holy struggle of the self. Jihad is the constant battle from within and in fact according to Islam, the constant battle from within is the greatest form of Jihad. Jihad appears in the Qur'an only 44 times and in 10 of those does it refer to warfare. Jihad is a struggle. Ms. Armstrong cites some examples regarding what it means to struggle such as for instance it being a struggle to give someone something to eat because they are hungry when you yourself are hungry. Do you give in to your own senses and biological desires or do you transcend beyond that and do the selfless act and give to the starving person.

"Islam is not bad, it's just misunderstood."

Okay then, I want you to do a scripture hunt.

Quran (2:244)
Quran (2:216)
Quran (3:56)
Quran (3:151)
Quran (4:74)
Quran (4:76)
Quran (4:89)
Quran (4:95)
Quran (4:101)
Quran (4:104)
Quran (5:33)
Quran (8:12)
Quran (8:15)
Quran (8:39)
Quran (8:57)
Quran (8:67)
Quran (8:59-60)
Quran (8:65)
Quran (9:5)
Quran (9:14)
Quran (9:20)
Quran (9:29)
Quran (9:30)
Quran (9:38-39)
Quran (9:41)
Quran (9:73)
Quran (9:88)
Quran (9:111)
Quran (9:123)
Quran (17:16)
Quran (18:65-81)
Quran (21:44)
Quran (25:52)
Quran (33:60-62)
Quran (47:3-4)
Quran (47:35)
Quran (48:17)
Quran (48:29)
Quran (61:4)
Quran (61:10-12)
Quran (66:9)
Quran (2:191-193)

I did not include the Hadiths nor any sources other than their own words. I will let anyone here type those in, and decide what this says. As for me, I looked those up and they were every bit as nasty as advertised.

Last edited:

atanu

Premium Member
Much harm has been done in the name of religion, so I don’t see how it constrains harm at all. You don’t need a control group to determine if people are doing harm in the name of their religion. You can look at how they are applying the texts from their religion. When someone kills someone because they drew a cartoon of their prophet, for instance......it is obvious the religion incited the violence.
In Christianity, Bible texts were used to support slavery. Why would you need a control to see that?

NO. it is we who wrongly invoke texts to suit our deeds of hatred. There is text in Quran itself regarding this.