• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam fights free speech

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Some percentage of Muslims - from all over the world - choose to be violent when Islam is criticized.
How much that percentage compared to majority ?
but you were unjustice to don't tell that majority condemned them,why did you ignore that we did this in this forum in each accident ?

muhammad_isa

How much that percentage compared to majority ?
but you were unjustice to don't tell that majority condemned them,why did you ignore that we did this in this forum in each accident ?
Yes .. they take free-speech to the point where it insults other people, or worse still blasphemes God. Western society is becoming bankrupt, but they don't realise what's happening as they are so familiar with insulting each other

To be fair though, Muslims are a part of this western society, and many of them behave no different. Is this the meaning of life? Point-scoring to see if immorality can "win" or Islam can "win" ..

You can count me out .. I don't want anything to do with it .. ignorance is prevailing.

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
stupidity exists everywhere, for example in some countries denying the holocaust is punishable
by law whereas you can deny religion as you wish.

Islam today is the most attacked religion and many are starving to bash it, but they can't and won't.
As God said, they think they're winning but indeed they're the real losers.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
This article lists many recent instances of Western publishers and authors being threatened for criticizing Islam:

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/8907/islam-publishers-censorship

If Muslims want respect from non-Muslims, they have to stand openly and clearly against these sorts of attacks against modernity. I know, how about a new denomination of Islam that openly and clearly defines itself as a supporter of modern human rights and liberties?
So if Muslims want respect from non-Muslims, they have to be modern as well, in a Western sense. Or be something other than Muslims that are non-modern.

The way to break down barriers is not to erect more.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
So if Muslims want respect from non-Muslims, they have to be modern as well, in a Western sense. Or be something other than Muslims that are non-modern.

A rather significant part of the problem, Willamena is that a huge amount of non-Muslims know next to nothing about Islam and when they see the likes of Osama bin Laden, Anjem Choudhry or the Islamic State utter some uplifting thoughts they will think, "Ah, this is Islam" without understanding the distortions involved. In a very real sense, no Muslim speaks for Islam as the only things they really agree on is that Allah is the One true God which has no 2nd and that Muhammad was a wonderful guy who brought the Qur'an to mankind. Aside from those two points things go to hell in a hand-basket rather rapidly and wildly divergent ideas abound.

Flankerl

Another Jewish scholar view on Islam, please google " introduction to Islam for Jews" by Rabbi Firestone.

Why?

are Western publishers criticizing other religions as Judiasm

1. J u d a i s m, not Judiasm
2. What is there to criticise?

or VIVA ARABS in Israel

They will obviously be murdered by the vile Zionist pigs!

for example in some countries denying the holocaust is punishable
by law whereas you can deny religion as you wish.

Religion = Personal opinion of someone that may be shared by others
Holocaust = Factual historic event

See the difference, even though you won't.

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
The fact that no person speaks for Islam is where the misunderstanding originates. It's not our fault that Islam is vague on many things that are wide open to interpretation.

If we accept that to be the case, we cannot then say that 'Islam' fights free speech (I am not suggesting that you say this, you may or you may not, I don't yet know!).

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member

Are you really saying that defending free speech is putting up a barrier?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Are you really saying that defending free speech is putting up a barrier?

Are you really saying that people should shut up unless they agree with you?

How's that fit in with "defending free speech"?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Actually this is a part of Islam. Muhammad had poets killed for criticising him and speaking satire of him. Islam does not tolerate critique because Muhammad did not tolerate critique. Simple.

So, silencing critics?

Smile, it's sunnah!
More actually, it is not part of true Islam.
Think, people were speaking bad about One-God, why Holy Prophet (pbuh) did not ask followers to keep killing them.
By your standard, did he consider himself bigger than Allah?...Obviously not.

Just two examples
1-Female poet matter
Classical and post-classical hadith scholars have unanimously rejected the story, declaring it as fabrication (mawdu’), pointing out in their arguments against the factuality of the incident that the chains of transmission (isnads) by which the story was transmitted are all weak (daʻif) of the lowest degree (mawḍūʻ).[4][5][6][8]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/'Asma'_bint_Marwan#Hadith_Scholar_views_on_authenticity_of_the_story

2-Tribal leader
https://discover-the-truth.com/2015...-killing-deception-was-the-prophet-p-annoyed/

==============

Armed conflict, war and threats of war were forced constantly on the Prophet sa.
https://www.alislam.org/library/books/mna/chapter_3.html

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
The fact that no person speaks for Islam is where the misunderstanding originates. It's not our fault that Islam is vague on many things that are wide open to interpretation.

Not sure if no one really speaks for Islam due to my closed nature to the world... but you're mentioning a very good point. Some or more people with good multiple language skills should come up and consider this idea. I personally cannot due to my weak personality and lack of both religious terminologies and speech skills.

I personally do give people benefit of the doubt when they looks down on Islam and Muslims. Well I do lose it sometimes, but that happens on a whim, not that I really mean being awful.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Why?

Religion = Personal opinion of someone that may be shared by others
Holocaust = Factual historic event

See the difference, even though you won't.

So you're with punishing those who deny the holocaust.
and that because they chose to deny a historical fact.

Flankerl

I actually didn't wrote how I felt about it. Your text comprehension just gets worse with each day.